breeza

breeza's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Breeza

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:151014032

Admin that banned you: Disappoint

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Muted and Gag

Why should you be unbanned?

I already posted what happened if you would like to check out my report post, however I'll explain why I would like to be unbanned.

I got into an incident with a user who had Neo-Nazi profile pictures, and I pointed that out saying "Why do you have a Nazi profile pic?" He then proceeded to reply "Why are you such a faggot, faggot you faggot.." and continued. 

I then replied "Why are you calling me that, whats wrong with being gay, you're homophobic?" and he responded to that saying "Yeah faggot I am, theres a lot wrong with being gay". I then proceeded to call him a Nazi as he had a Neo nazi flag in his profile pic, and thats when the admin started saying that theres new rules, and then copy and pasted them and told us to read it. The user immidently responded "What the fuck, you're not allowed to say faggot anymore? How the fuck am I supposed to insult someone then?" And I messed up by saying " stop being a nazi" he then called me a faggot 3 more times and went on a rant claiming that his flag is the "Imperial Jack" (which it is, but that flag is used as a neo nazi symbol which I explained in my other post)

In which we got into another argument about his flag and I said its a neo nazi flag again, and was muted by the admin, Dissappoint. 

I find this extremely unfair as the other guy walked away free, yet I'm muted for 8 hours when I was just saying that he is using Neo Nazi Immagery, and defending myself when he called me a faggot. 

I did listen to the admin when he told me to stop, but a new argument happened when he started bringing up the flag which I replied to, which is where I messed up. It was originally a 60 minute mute, I'm not sure why it turned into a 480 minute long mute. I hope you guys can consider my unmute !

I joined the server after you two had already begun arguing and name-calling, so I chose to take a minute to try to figure out what was actually going on in this situation. When I was talking about the new rules, I addressed it specifically to sMooVe because he's very good at tip-toeing around the rules, and insulting others with homophobic slurs used to be (sort of ) within the rules. 

As far as the length, it was 60 minutes until I checked your priors on sourcebans. If everybody followed the increasing-punishment system, you would be eligible for a perma-mute. So I bumped it up to 6 hours. The next mute -- be it from myself or a different admin -- will be longer. 

image.thumb.png.97d53cce4615c794a663f9b9ca0e3a29.png

Posted  Edited by breeza
18 minutes ago, disappoint said:

I joined the server after you two had already begun arguing and name-calling, so I chose to take a minute to try to figure out what was actually going on in this situation. When I was talking about the new rules, I addressed it specifically to sMooVe because he's very good at tip-toeing around the rules, and insulting others with homophobic slurs used to be (sort of ) within the rules. 

As far as the length, it was 60 minutes until I checked your priors on sourcebans. If everybody followed the increasing-punishment system, you would be eligible for a perma-mute. So I bumped it up to 6 hours. The next mute -- be it from myself or a different admin -- will be longer. 

image.thumb.png.97d53cce4615c794a663f9b9ca0e3a29.png

How does my mutes go from a 30 minute (from soth) to an 8 hour? Also all my previous mutes are from more than 5 months ago. You adressed the rules to him, yet he kept breaking it. But I get the mute? Nice man! Why did you mute me for calling him a nazi when he also continued to call me a faggot? You're the absolute worst admin I've ever had to deal with, andI hope you lose your admin privledges very soon 

Edited by breeza

He stopped calling you that when I told him to stop and read the rules update. Currently admins are recommended to start with a 1-day mute for harassment. If I get in trouble, it would be because I was too easy on you. I told you not to do something and you flew in my face and did it anyway, and I gave you less than the recommended punishment. What more do you need to know? 

I forgot on my first reply, -1

5 minutes ago, disappoint said:

He stopped calling you that when I told him to stop and read the rules update. Currently admins are recommended to start with a 1-day mute for harassment. If I get in trouble, it would be because I was too easy on you. I told you not to do something and you flew in my face and did it anyway, and I gave you less than the recommended punishment. What more do you need to know? 

I forgot on my first reply, -1

Ah yes! harrasment isnt when a guy is spamming the f word at you in voice chat? Yet when the guy with the LITERAL NAZI PROFILE PIC is called a Nazi, it is? Fuck off. You're a terrible person and you deserve the worst! bye. 

You need to take a chill pill. Moderation is up to the admins, if you have a problem with someone on the server you should report them and/or call an admin to help mend the situation. Not listening to the admin in this situation got you muted, and it's already expired at this point, and the person you had this incident with has been permanently silenced. 

Closed. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)