Flops

gfl's handling of the santa event is a joke + other complaints

1 minute ago, CyanideSix said:

Nope, it was never advertised as the sort.

What happened: Before the event the way reserve slots work was changed to kick members (immunity from reserve kick is still listed hilariously as a perk for being member on the ze server lmfao)

This was only mentioned on the ZE discord so if you dont follow that then you wouldnt have any idea.

The result: 64 donor(+) server, no chance for anyone else to join, and if they do, they are instantly kicked

Watching cow's stream and Dogeerini now holds the WORLD RECORD for fastest reserve slot kick at a whopping time of 0.00 seconds, literally kicked mid-loading screen.

You know I'm surprised they haven't changed that despite VAUFF saying it'll stay till whenever there's another big drama for this. Literally making an event where the VIP/DONATOR gets another month or 2 of VIP and us here members not having VIP trying to get that free VIP cause we're poor.

1 hour ago, Kappoochino said:

okay guys :popcorn: time

16 minutes ago, Flops said:

thanks for your useless contribution 

"btw hi tame" haHAA

thanks for your useless contribution 

"btw hi tame" haHAA

9 hours ago, Flops said:

I've been saying that you mongoloids have been pandering to new players and that there has been a culture shift for months now, and this event is a pretty great example of this. 

Who the fuck decided that the event would be dominated by 64/64 supporters and vips who literally joined last month, while GFL regulars and old players fight just to join (and get kicked 1 min after)?

Shill4Life, at least in ze, has become quite the fucking reality. WE HAVE TO KEEP PANDERING TO NEW PLAYERS AND PEOPLE WHO PAY OR ELSE 

I completely fail to see how this relates to new players? Regulars are the ones more likely to donate if anything. When we only have a certain amount of slots to go around, of course they're going to go to the people who you know, pay to keep the server up and running (and are promised a reserved slot in return).

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of your post, because it's unrelated and we've already had countless arguments in Discord over this stuff.

9 hours ago, CyanideSix said:

The year is 2021, after the financial success of this event, all events are now purely pay to play.

Throughout 2020, events are slowly building up to this new event structure.

There is no illusion of hope for members, if you don't pay, you literally cannot join even if there are slots.

On a serous note;

Please don't let this be the new normal for events and let it be only this ONCE.

Given that most events don't even manage to fill up with members, do you really think all events are going to be like this one? I basically went balls to the walls for creating this event as a 50th special, and of course a santa/diddle extreme combo is going to attract a ton of people. Knowing how huge the demand would be for this event is what lead me to finally look into fixing this longstanding issue.

Vauff is so delusional. Meanwhile the actual good players are trying to join, the garbage VIP players who just started playing ze last week are hogging the slots. No wonder you idiots lost. This event was a joke and the way it was setup was embarassing. Do better next time

Posted  Edited by RedM00N
12 hours ago, Ianccc said:

Just a few minutes ago, I saw a player with VIP in chat ask how many acts there are in extreme santa... So the notion that donating money means the player knows what to do is not true. There are also new players that donate to the server.

For the record that was just because I never get to see that far into santa whenever im on to play it.  New to santa? sure, but not ze.  Took a 4/5 year break from ze so I havent got that many chances to see the map that far in, even on normal.

I do not think kicking members from the event was the best way to go about it.  Some of the best players are members, and of which some had to donate just to be able to play.  I feel part of offering the perks for winning is so that non donators/supporters/vip's can get them.

Edited by RedM00N

I probably wouldn't have joined even if it was old rules (haven't played santa extreme enough to contribute and i never liked diddle) but ever since I heard about the donator rule being implemented last week I knew it was gonna be pay to play. I understand why it would be in effect for this event, as it is a special anniversary event with the two biggest unbeatable maps but in my opinion it was a mistake to do so in the first place. It would be especially bad if this sets a precedent going forward with events being de facto pay to play. Payment should never be a requirement to participate in a public server, even during the most tryhard of events. That's what this event turned into. 

This server shouldn't go out of its way to alienate its base, as cancerous as it is. Yeah we might have annoying spergs like banjo blast and myself, and one or two people like (allegedly) dekes who has a map named after him, but it's a hell of a lot better than servers infested with 12 year olds and furries. This is literally the only CSGO server with a healthy playerbase 24/7, and it's been that way for years. Trying to milk money by restricting events instead of benefits like skins and reserve slots might backfire long term. Hell, it might not because too big to fail. 

On an aside, I agree with fetty in that there are gonna be some charge-backs if P2P events stick. Will be interesting to see what the fallout is from that. 

TLDR: This past event was, in my opinion, a misstep that can easily be fixed. Just don't do it again loooooooooool. 

wow so people are mad they couldnt play all the overplayed shit maps on an EVENT (event for overplayed shitmaps ALLMYTWITCHEMOTES).

no wonder i am absent from ze.

ontopic: gfl needs to eat aswell

your profile is 33% complete!

Posted  Edited by Snowy

During past events, when the server was full of members, people who donated could not even get in as they wouldn't be able to kick members.

We only changed it so when the server is full of members, supporter/vip will be able to kick them for a slot. It's only fair to them as they donated to help maintain the upkeep of servers. 

What can maybe be done is to limit the amount of reserve slots available as to not make the whole server supporter+? But I guess this could also lead to complaints 

Edited by Snowy

Why not just open another server strictly for events? That way the people that want to play Event can go to that one and the others like myself who don't care to donate or don't have the means to donate can simply play on the regular server without feeling alienated about an event that was basically a pay 2 play whether it was intended or not.

12 hours ago, Vauff said:

I completely fail to see how this relates to new players? Regulars are the ones more likely to donate if anything. When we only have a certain amount of slots to go around, of course they're going to go to the people who you know, pay to keep the server up and running (and are promised a reserved slot in return).

https://gflclan.com/donations/

Scroll down, and you will be hard pressed to find more than 8 regulars who donated to get vip/supp to get access to the event. Here I'll even name them for you: Willy Wilson, Banjo, Malus, Clearly, Death Note, Ggzeng, Kappochino, Lord Death, and Raiden. This is going through 7 pages of the donator list (going back around 2 weeks). Every other person is A. Donating for a separate division of GFL or B. A total random paying beans to get in. How does this not relate to new players? Clearly, new players are indeed shilling to take a spot from someone more qualified. As a person who was playing the event for close to its entirety (or even the full event? idk), you should've certainly noticed that there were still complete nobodies on the server who paid a quick buck just to sneak their worthless ass in. Is this not a problem? 

Vauff, ur a really smart dude. I'm positive you knew that the server would be 64/64 vip & supporter way before the event started. Are you telling me you were/are content with knowing that ADMINS, LUFFAREN HIMSELF, and SNOWY, while Mr. Random #12541251 who donated the day of can? 

1 hour ago, Snowy said:

What can maybe be done is to limit the amount of reserve slots available as to not make the whole server supporter+? But I guess this could also lead to complaints 

I actually happen to really like this idea. As someone who despises the whole idea of a plebeian paying money to join anyways, I recognize that GFL still needs to cater IN SOME FORM to its paying populace. Fine then--a concession can be made. I believe this is the best solution. as not only does it reward the morons who pay to keep GFL "alive," but it also helps the people who want to just play the event, players both new and old.  It also supports Vauff's second claim, which is that GFL needs to 100% support those who pay to keep the sv up (which i agree with). 

Reserved slots can also be given to players with special designations : such as player for over 2000 hours, player for 3+ years, really good player for said map, etc.

13 hours ago, Vauff said:

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of your post, because it's unrelated and we've already had countless arguments in Discord over this stuff.

Also, with regards to this point, you seriously need to change the toxicity rule which seems to be exclusively enforced by you and a few other admins. To be quite frank, some people who are absolute degenerates don't deserve to be protected by this rule. If you guys are content letting known child groomers and grown men constantly dominating the communications of a server, just fucking admit it and move on.  If you  aren't, then perhaps consider just banning their asses altogether, or at least let people like me who don't like to tolerate creeps shut them down.

The fact that I can even get muted for calling a 40+ year old man obsessed with games a weird loser while both him and child groomers can talk on the mic never ceases to amaze me .

19 hours ago, Flops said:

I believe this is the best solution. as not only does it reward the morons who pay to keep GFL "alive," but it also helps the people who want to just play the event, players both new and old.

I find it offensive you call us morons for paying into a community we enjoy playing in.  I personally donate because I enjoy the fact that ZE is still running and supported, and I particularly like playing in GFL's ZE.

Just because you're mad don't hate on us who decide this place is worth our money.