phoenix_

Chadwick Boseman dead at 43

Chadwick Boseman has died of colon cancer at age 43. Despite battling the disease since 2016, Boseman has still appeared in many famous films, such as Black Panther since his diagnosis. 

Boseman was an extremely talented actor who shared his talents with the world in a diverse range of roles, from historical figures such as Jackie Robinson, James Brown, and Thurgood Marshall to our favorite Wakandan warrior, King T'Challa. Not only did he grace us with his talents for all viewers, but he was an empowering part of African American culture, giving children and teens superheros and figures to look up to, something that was not represented for a long time. It is a shame to see such a talent and influence go so soon. Cancer does not care who you are, where you're from, what you do, or how much you are worth. Rest in power, Mr. Boseman.

To perhaps bring light to such a dim situation, I encourage everyone to share your favorite scene from a movie with Chadwick Boseman in it.

I'll start: Though a rather simple scene, I always loved the scene in Captain America: Civil War where Black Panther spoke with Zemo about his true intentions. Boseman really drove across well that Black Panther sought to understand the man who caused the death of his father, instead of acting quick and getting a hateful, hateful vengeance.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:47 PM, California said:

I don't know how anyone other than kids can remember his name, the only movie he was in that wasn't for kids that didn't suck was Marshall.

Draft day, 42, 21 bridges, The express, the gods of Egypt.

And of course BP. 

Trashy of you to comment something negative.

3 hours ago, Charismatic Charms said:

Draft day,

literally a failure?

only interesting if youre into baseball

21 bridges,

this was just drive but with cops and was bad

the gods of Egypt

another fail

The express,

Complete fail

And of course BP.

kids movie

Posted  Edited by Charismatic Charms
2 hours ago, California said:

literally a failure?

only interesting if youre into baseball

this was just drive but with cops and was bad

another fail

Complete fail

kids movie

They literally all ranked the same as marshall, if not it was half a point under that. 

Factually all those movies, the majority who watched them liked it.

Black panther also was a massive movie that had audiences in different age groups, not just a kids movie, it's actually rated for more adults then it is for children. I mean it didn't get so popular cause kids made it popular, it has by far the deepest culture effects as well.

Jackie Robinson also plays a massive role in American Sports history.

A lot of people knew Chadwick Boseman, he was popular and famous, he was a good actor. AND THAT's also the thing.

He isn't at fault if those movies were truly bad. *Which factual speaking... they weren't.* that actually would be upper managements fault.

Not only was he famous, but he was also one of the most  motivational & inspirational person as well, especially in the performance field.

Chadwick really was battling cancer for 4 years without the public knowing and still put in the work, didn't just give up.

Everyone in the acting field knew him.

Even I got to meet him. And when I meet him, I understand why so many people loved him. Amazing person.

So as I said before. Extremely toxic to disrespect and the act of to shun down at an actor who put is all into his work, just for you to say "ItS amaZinG PeOpLe KnOw HiM, HE OnLy HaD liKe one DeCent movie".

especially making those types of comments towards someone who just died.  Comments like that explain & expose just how easy it is to be unsuccessful and sit behind a screen and act like your on top of the world, I find it hard to see that those people have friends or are liked at all. I don't picture anyone who writes negatively about someone randomly, is somehow successful  themselves or ever will be. People who hate don't win in the end, so they sit and trash others cause you must be either miserable or jealous, either way. Lmao, so I'll cover up your negativity with some positivity, which is; rest in paradise Chadwick Boseman, you were a great actor, and a amazing, motivational, inspiring, successful and above all, loved person. Much love.

So on a personal note, maybe you should go the distance and become successful, do stuff that man did and THEN maybe act like you can better.

Until then, probably not the best to bring your Walmart Off-Brand Cinema sins critic opinions to try and downplay a actor on a post that's kinda mourning his death. Thanks.

Edited by Charismatic Charms

On 9/2/2020 at 12:42 PM, Charms said:

They literally all ranked the same as marshall

I never said Marshall was good either, but it's kinda known.

Factually all those movies, the majority who watched them liked it.

Where's the facts to support this? Half of them flopped at the box office.

Black panther also was a massive movie that had audiences in different age groups, not just a kids movie, it's actually rated for more adults then it is for children. 

It's a superhero movie, it's for kids.

I mean it didn't get so popular cause kids made it popular, it has by far the deepest culture effects as well.

what cultural effect did it have outside of wakanda lmao

Jackie Robinson also plays a massive role in American Sports history.

Not American, maybe it is more relevant in America.

He isn't at fault if those movies were truly bad. *Which factual speaking... they weren't.*

No he wasn't and factually they were if they were box office flops.

Everyone in the acting field knew him.

That's a small field on the grand scale of things.

Extremely toxic to disrespect and the act of to shun down at an actor who put is all into his work

This sentence makes no sense.

Comments like that explain & expose just how easy it is to be unsuccessful and sit behind a screen and act like your on top of the world

I've had my successes, I don't need to brag about them online.

I find it hard to see that those people have friends or are liked at all.

My social life is fine.

People who hate don't win in the end

What about Trump 🤔

I don't picture anyone who writes negatively about someone randomly, is somehow successful

Do you want a list of successful people who have written negative things or something?

James Watson, Darwin, Szilard are just a few off the top of my head.

must be either miserable or jealous

Why would I be jealous of a dead guy?

and become successful

What's the definition of successful exactly here?

Until then, probably not the best to bring your Walmart Off-Brand Cinema sins critic opinions

You'll find most critics agree with that consensus. 

Posted  Edited by Charms
36 minutes ago, California said:

I never said Marshall was good either, but it's kinda known.

Where's the facts to support this? Half of them flopped at the box office.

It's a superhero movie, it's for kids.

what cultural effect did it have outside of wakanda lmao

Not American, maybe it is more relevant in America.

No he wasn't and factually they were if they were box office flops.

That's a small field on the grand scale of things.

This sentence makes no sense.

I've had my successes, I don't need to brag about them online.

My social life is fine.

What about Trump 🤔

Do you want a list of successful people who have written negative things or something?

James Watson, Darwin, Szilard are just a few off the top of my head.

Why would I be jealous of a dead guy?

What's the definition of successful exactly here?

You'll find most critics agree with that consensus. 

I read about half of this and immediately found out exactly who you are, so I stood correct when I called you out, you actually admitted to it. Your wrong and a unsuccessful loser who can only hate, as it’s your only good trait.

Thanks for your opinion, unfortunately this really is not debatable. 

Now I'll demonstrate how to not fall trap to trash talkers/trolls/losers/etc 

Which is ignoring and being the better person. So Ima mute you, and not look back at this arguement cause it wasted my time and changed the subject to something mourning to something hateful cause someone couldnt be what that person was.

.Realized as a server admin and as a person, I gotta set a better example and not lower myself down to that level. Sorry for any other GFL member who see's this, see it as a example as to just ignore negativity and to not waste your time like I have. You can't fix it. 

Charms#8039.

*RIP Chadwick Boseman*

Edited by Charms

On 9/4/2020 at 9:06 AM, Charms said:

I read about half of this and immediately found out exactly who you are, so I stood correct when I called you out, you actually admitted to it. Your wrong and a unsuccessful loser who can only hate, as it’s your only good trait.

I read this and could immediately tell you have the English proficiency of a 13 year old, so I hope that's what you actually are.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:06 AM, Charms said:

Thanks for your opinion, unfortunately this really is not debatable. 

You're right because all of those movies flopped at the box office and had bad scores from critics.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, California said:

I read this and could immediately tell you have the English proficiency of a 13 year old, so I hope that's what you actually are.

You're right because all of those movies flopped at the box office and had bad scores from critics.

I'm a bit late to the party, but it's rather terrible of you to bring negativity to a thread about remembering a man's life who gave his all in every project he was a part of. Not every movie an actor will be in will be a success. While there were only a few movies where both his performances and ratings at the box office were "good", he was still a talented actor. He came into his own as Black Panther, and had a very huge cultural impact in the roles that he played. 

22 hours ago, Manifest said:

cultural impact lol

Do you even know what that means?

Yes. He was a positive figure for young African-American teens and children to look towards in a profession heavily dominated by white people. His cultural impact was for those who didn't have representation or a true figure who they can go "hey, I look like him/her!", not for the average American.

3 hours ago, phoenix_ said:

Yes. He was a positive figure for young African-American teens and children to look towards in a profession heavily dominated by white people. His cultural impact was for those who didn't have representation or a true figure who they can go "hey, I look like him/her!", not for the average American.

There are plenty of other African-American role models, that's still not a cultural impact because a few people look up to them.

9 hours ago, Asphyxiation said:

There are plenty of other African-American role models, that's still not a cultural impact

He was the first very prominent black superhero. Many people enjoyed his on-screen acting and enjoy how he brought black panther to rest. 

9 hours ago, Asphyxiation said:

because a few people look up to them.

spacer.png

"a few people"... fuck outta here. 

Just because he didn't impact your culture doesn't mean he didn't have a cultural impact for somebody else. 

15 hours ago, phoenix_ said:

"a few people"... fuck outta here. 

Every one of them looks up to him? Lmao

15 hours ago, phoenix_ said:

Just because he didn't impact your culture doesn't mean he didn't have a cultural impact for somebody else. 

A Cultural impact needs to impact a culture, a culture belongs to a society, community, ethnic group or nation, not individuals.

Whaat. That's truly sad. I didn't know him much by his name but when googling him I found out that I realy like the actor. Realy cool movies and stuff. Didn't even know he was sick or something. Anyways may the force be with him up there 🔥🔥