Shotta

Shotta's TTT Vanilla Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Shotta

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:531463038

Admin that banned you: Misery

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Permanent Gag

Why should your punishment be revoked?

I think it's been two weeks now, and i want to be ungagged, i will act more mature, and stop being toxic or screaming over the mic, i promise, and i'm a man of my word.

I am against ungaging you.

I don't think your acting more mature simply from your reports and how the second something happens you unleash i will say i'm happy that if i ask you to calm down you drop it but still you seem to throw a tantrum every time .  When you first got perma-gagged the first thing you asked was who snitched on you. That is very childish to me as your showing as you were trying to sneak around saying things that you were told multiple times that you should not say.

since then you have not shown that you are willing calm down just when your told to you will.

I'm for you getting ungagged if youre serious about trying to be better.

I've seen you pick fights with many people on the server. And whenever someone shows minor toxicity, or even just banter, I've seen you flip out and be way more toxic than the original person, and also hold grudges for multiple rounds. However, if you're really trying to do better, I think we should give you a chance. If we do ungag you, you need to prove that youre done being toxic. Theres no need to make things personal in a videogame. Responding to Toxicity with more Toxicity is just like starting a fire. It just pisses everyone off. 

If we do ungag you, youd be on very thin ice. 

On 9/11/2020 at 7:20 PM, Demicaster said:

I am against ungaging you.

I don't think your acting more mature simply from your reports and how the second something happens you unleash i will say i'm happy that if i ask you to calm down you drop it but still you seem to throw a tantrum every time .  When you first got perma-gagged the first thing you asked was who snitched on you. That is very childish to me as your showing as you were trying to sneak around saying things that you were told multiple times that you should not say.

since then you have not shown that you are willing calm down just when your told to you will.

I don't think i caused any problems yesterday, i was only talking to people, and i was avoiding the provokotive ones.

I just want to be ungagged not to cause trouble, i just want to because i don't want to type every second, that makes me tired and also makes me an easy target for a traitor.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, .alm0st said:

I'm for you getting ungagged if youre serious about trying to be better.

I've seen you pick fights with many people on the server. And whenever someone shows minor toxicity, or even just banter, I've seen you flip out and be way more toxic than the original person, and also hold grudges for multiple rounds. However, if you're really trying to do better, I think we should give you a chance. If we do ungag you, you need to prove that youre done being toxic. Theres no need to make things personal in a videogame. Responding to Toxicity with more Toxicity is just like starting a fire. It just pisses everyone off. 

If we do ungag you, youd be on very thin ice. 

I would totally agree on a temporary ungag, to test me, so you can see that i'm willing to change.

I'm begging you to give me a second chance, and you can gag me whenever i make a mistake.

I want an answer as soon as possible.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, Shotta said:

I want an answer as soon as possible.

8 hours ago, Shotta said:

3 days to go, it should be enough time to prove myself.

We don't answer to you lmao. You can wait until @Waylon Smithers posts a decision on the matter.

Posted  Edited by Reverb

Hello, Please Refrain from responding to ban appeals. If you are not the administrator who banned the player or are directly involved please refrain from commenting. Thank you!

Edited by Reverb

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

As the admin responsible for the gag, and regarding it is now the 16th I will make my comment regarding the matter. A permanent gag is a serious offense, it is given to systematic breaks of the rules regarding communicative conduct on the server, as such I feel inclined to go over your gags as I was also responsible for those. The first gag was issued on the 29th of August after your insistence to argue with a fellow player, who did not wish to argue with you, you were told to drop the matter since your method and aggression was deemed disruptive to the server. After the gag was up 15 mins later you persisted to argue the matter, going as far to yell into your mic while arguing the matter, which you were also warned against doing. You were not gagged again until the 31st of August where you were gagged for dropping a homophobic slur, an offense which carries an immediate gag, and you should have gotten the hint that you were not to say that slur again. The final gag was issued on the 1st of September after information from a concerned player, who could provide evidence that you had been toxic to players in VC and calling them the very same slur, while no admins had been present. The decision to permanently gag is not a decision taken lightly, and the decision was taken in accordance with a manager after they reviewed the provided evidence. As was mentioned you immediately concerned yourself with “who snitched?” (as provided as a cropped screenshot, and more evidence could be found regarding it on the forums). It would be my impression, you feel it is “okay” to break the rules, as long as there is no admin there to catch you, as the act of your toxicity ban, was also conducted in the absence of staff, which pointed at your behavior was more extensive, than initially thought. When you do get caught, you concern yourself with “who snitched”, rather than concerning yourself with the conduct you exhibit on the server.

Generally, I also believe that you seem to have used the slurs in acts of anger. Therefore, I believe it is a good thing to keep you gagged, as you get a chance to consider what exactly you are going to say, and consider how what you are writing will affect others before you hit the enter key. The very topic of your gagging often turns into a “controversial” topic on the server in my opinion, when you mention your desire to be ungagged, there are players on the server who strongly express the contrary. Some players on the server would desire to see you keep this gag, due to the behavior that you exhibit is the subject of scorn and rancor.

I cannot help but feel, that it would be a great disservice to the players that gathered evidence, for your gag and eventual ban, to ungag you. On the grounds of that and the previously mentioned subjects, the only one you can blame for this punishment is yourself. As the land lays now, I advise the managers against an ungagging of you.

sa1.png

Most sincerely,

MiserySignature_2.png