Smrize

What if it was translated?

Hey all! I have a question on translating games.

I'm aiming the thread towards people who are not native speakers of English.

So my question to you is would it be a big deal if a game you play and realy like, is translated into your native language?

I live in a small country and was wondering if translating a game would make any impact.

Thank you in advance! :)

Smrize

Not personally. Most games are translated to Portuguese from Brazil which sounds and looks retarded so I rather just listen/read it in English.

edit: @Pyros hehuaehauhe eae galera queota rsrsrs

yeah.gif

1 minute ago, Leks said:

Not personally. Most games are translated to Portuguese from Brazil which sounds and looks retarded so I rather just listen/read it in English.

shut up your portuguese sounds dumb and looks retarded smh my head

1 minute ago, Leks said:

hehuaehauhe eae galera queota rsrsrs

mad cuz b4d

4 hours ago, Smrize said:

So my question to you is would it be a big deal if a game you play and realy like, is translated into your native language?

I have always played games on their native language so I can take the time to enjoy the voice acting. If needed, I will just add subtitles in english as well. I do it mostly to train english.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

My native language is English and I am not fluent in any other language.

I thought it would be fun to share that while I was in France I went to go watch Star Wars: Rogue One.  I was stunned when the movie was in English and only had French subtitles.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'd personally rather play the game with subtitles, and have the audio, voice lines, etc... be a different language from how it was originally made because it would feel right. Some, translated titles/movies or games have terrible lip sync and it'll just look weird. And I am mostly Spanish but speak very good English. 

I used to help translate games on steam. They have a section for it. You had to take a test first before you can begin and then after they approve your test, you can help them re-translate any games that isn't in that language to the language available. So for me, I translated Chinese to English mostly or the other way around. I don't really do it much anymore because its time consuming and each time you have to be able to do it properly or a mistake will happen. Most of them are subtitles instead of audio translation, but it still benefit them to help other users be able to play the game in the language they can read in.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bue. - Edit Reason: really awkward mistake

@Bae

I know this is really off topic but I'm jealous of all your rewards 👀

Edited by Bue.
really awkward mistake