King_Wailord

GFL Among Us Event!

Posted  Edited by King_Wailord

I would like to propose a GFL community-wide Among Us event to be hosted in the main discord by our lovely event coordinating team!

Among Us is relatively old game (2018) that recently blew up in popularity due to twitch influencers playing it. The ideas behind it are very similar to TTT, in that there are traitors (or impostors), and innocents (crew-mates). The main goal of the impostors is to kill all of the crew-mates without being detected. The main goal of the crew-mates is to complete all of the tasks, while simultaneously deciding together who the impostor(s) are on the ship. During gameplay, all people playing are supposed to remain quiet and are only allowed to talk in a voice-chat during the emergency meetings and whenever a body has been discovered. Along with this, when a player dies they are not to talk or communicate with the rest of the players for the rest of the game.

The game is free-to-play on mobile devices, and also cross-compatible so I don't see any issues forming on playability for everyone. If people really wish to play on their PC's, you can get it for free on bluestacks, or buy it on steam for $5.

I expect that an event such as this would garner a lot of participants, and each game has a maximum of 10 players at once, so I think there will need to be multiple voice chats if its going to work. Also there would need to be someone moderating everyone's talking abilities so that no one is ruining the game. Settings can be decided by the event coordinators.

Hope to see this happen soon, I love the game and think a community event would be very fun!

Edited by King_Wailord

Achievements

The thread was moved to correct spot, thanks forum mods!

Anyway, we're already taking this into consideration. I just don't know who will host it. Most of us have school and/or work but pretty sure we'll try to make the time for it 🌺

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hosting the Among Us event, currently planned for October 4th. Will be taking place in the Events Among Us voice chat in the GFL Official Discord server. Hope to see you there!

Achievements