lube

lube's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): lube [15th]

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:445636006

Admin that banned you: CONSOLE

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Permanent

Why should you be unbanned?

Im not sure why I was banned, no vac bans on record and didn't say or type anything bad on servers. 

Posted  Edited by lube

I dont think anybody got banned on GFL but by brother has a vac ban. Is there a way to prove that its not me?

Edited by lube

Hey!

I've looked up your ban, and as Cola said, you've been banned for attempting to connect to the servers with an already banned IP address. The original IP ban seems to be about 6 months old, and the IP doesn't appear to be from a VPN service. The steam profile you've linked is not the one associated with the original IP ban.

A bit more information might help the server managers come to a conclusion - has your brother/housemate been banned on any GFL server before? Have you recently moved? Did you use a VPN service when trying to connect to the server?

Let us know if you've got any more information, thanks!

:happytree:

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Posted  Edited by lube

Hello, thank you for the reply. I have asked him if he had gotten banned on GFL and he said no. I have moved back to my house from my college dorm about 5-6 months ago. I have never used a VPN while playing on the servers.

Thanks again

Edited by lube

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay, but this was quite hard to make a call on.

It is possible that you've gotten a new IP that just so happened to be banned, seeing as this is indeed a residential IP. I do want to quote you on a couple of things.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:44 AM, lube said:

I have never used a VPN while playing on the servers.

From what I can see, your steam account has never been on any of our servers. So, I'm a bit puzzled. 

On 9/23/2020 at 5:44 AM, lube said:

I have moved back to my house from my college dorm about 5-6 months ago.

If this is true, then it obviously couldn't have been you. But if the account that was banned for cheating is your alt, then I'm sure you'd be capable of just making that up. 

I cannot really unban you with a clear conscience at this time. That being said, if you can provide me with reasonable evidence through DMs that you did in fact move 5-6 months ago, I will unban you. What that could be is really something only you could figure out, and I do sincerely apologize if this is just you getting unlucky. Just way too much circumstancial stuff here for me to push that button.

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)