WhySoPotatony

Got banned for mass?

Posted  Edited by WhySoPotatony

Name:WhySoPotatony!?!?!

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:54818852

Banned by:Console

Ban reason:Karma ban.. the next day Attempt/Actual Mass

Why you should be unbanned: People were false kosing and would do stuff thats kosable(randombly hitting me,passing unid bodies, and prop surfing).

Edited by WhySoPotatony

Posted  Edited by The_Mad_Hatter - Edit Reason: Found something interesting

This is not an appeal

Follow that guideline please

Edit--------

Well, one you answered the reports with all question marks. You didn't even explain why you killed them or nothing. That's going to give you a ban, duh. Considering you were inno and killed 2 inno's and one traitor and they said you just came up and shot them for no reason. I never thought i'd have issues with you, but you've been acting up lately

This was a ban in August

Exact same story

How.... interesting

Edited by The_Mad_Hatter
Found something interesting

Achievements

Posted  Edited by The_Mad_Hatter - Edit Reason: Even more interesting things

"

myPHART     27

• myPHART
  • Server Admin
  • 19 posts

Posted July 25 (edited) · 

Quite a large amount of bans, my friend.

Just kidding, I know who you are.

Most, if not all of these bans, are karma bans, although two of them were removed. Technically, if you get 1 more ban, you can be permanently banned from GFL servers.

So, do you promise to follow the rules according to GFL?

Edited July 25 by myPHART

WhySoPotatony     0

• WhySoPotatony
  • 0 posts

Posted July 25 · 

Sir Yes Sir

#MakemyPhartSquirt

#Potatony4Admin"

Edited by The_Mad_Hatter
Even more interesting things

Achievements

Posted  Edited by The_Mad_Hatter - Edit Reason: He edited post

Obvious your not going to take this seriously

Will request lock and upgrade of ban 

Edit

Good call on the edit 

Will look into ban

Edited by The_Mad_Hatter
He edited post

Achievements

Pretend this is court

Where's the proof supporting your claim

As you can see even by not being the admin who banned you I have managed to pull up all evidence pointing that this is a duplicate offence even down to the amount of people killed, I have proof of 12 bans (two unban and one one minute that I'm not including) 

Defend your self

Your word against an admin

Usually admin wins

Cause we bring proof 

Achievements

Yes I was banned 12 times. most of them were karma bans and 2 were mass(I explained to MILKMAN and Violator what happened with my previous mass rdm bans)....they all have the reason which is people were doing stuff thats kosable such as randomly shooting me, passing un id bodies, prop surfing and calling false koses. 

I've been a player in this server for a long while now, WhySo has never been a problem, I dont find it surprising that he has so many console bans, it happens when there arent any admins on and all you can do is fend for yourself. I dont feel a perm is needed, or any lengthened banned needs to be added at all. Besides that, this is someone else's ban appeal and I will let them to it.

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: I was wrong + Suggestion

Reference link to SourceBan page.

I'm intervening here.  The ban has been rescinded, and you are free to play.

The guidelines/standards I received has one week as the maximum length for attempted or mass RDM, and I do not see anywhere stating lengthy one month bans.  Even if this were a mass RDM, then it should have only been one week; however, for the sake of not following it, I have completely lifted the ban.  TTT has many ways to get banned and I believe it is difficult to justify a deviation from our standards if a player has a lot of bans.  In my personal opinion, the better thing to have done here would have been to ban for one week if an actual attempt or mass RDM, and discuss afterwards with the team about increasing to one month or other variations if it was more deserving.  I'll tag @Xy_ to keep in the loop about this ban.

UPDATE:

Looks like I was mistaken about the 1 month ban, thanks @TheQueenOfDicks.  In this case: I was wrong, so I wont revert the decision and will have to take it in as a learning lesson and a free pass to this player.

Attempted Mass RDM (Kill 2x and attempted a third) or Mass RDM (Kill 3x) is 1 week ban.  The first "1 week ban" is 1 week, the following is a month instead of a week, and the third is permanent.

There is something I would like for us to work on (I'm not denying my fault or mistake):  Our documentation on bans suck.  Okay... So you cannot do it for every 360, 720 minutes, or 1 day bans.  Okay okay okay.  Honestly... How many times does each individual ban someone for one week or longer?  Surely it couldn't be hard to do, take too much time, or ruin your game play.  This whole he-said she said and tagging Violator for help is really silly in my opinion.  I don't make the rules here, but I promise to probe on solutions to improve this system such as adding comments to bans.

Edited by Joshy
I was wrong + Suggestion

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152