DaniTheHero

DaniTheHero's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by DaniTheHero

Name: DaniTheHero

Steam ID (or steam profile link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/DaniTheHero/

Banned by: Server

Ban Reason: Karma

Why should you be unbanned

There was a bunch of us in the tester room and someone attempted to Jihad.
I have killed him and picked the Jihad up claiming it.
I thought it would be funny, as many people tend to do ,  to use the Jihad for a moment and swap it back for the custom jihad sound but apparantly if you scroll through and come back to the jihad when the sound completes it still does the explosion ( I'm unaware if this is a bug or intended).
Apparantly it happened to other people before but there wasn't enough people killed to cause a Karma ban for them.
My karma was above 1000 before this happened, there were just a lot of people in that blast to cause in instant karma ban :/

It was a complete accident and none of the victims complained about it and laughed it off even though it wasn't my intention to cause the Jihad.
I'm sure all the people who were online at that moment can vouch for it 😞 .

Edited by DaniTheHero

..Well 24 hours have passed and the 24 hour ban has been automatically removed already..

So instead, can the check of the Karma ban be removed as it was caused due to what i gather an unintended bug with the Jihad or a clear accident on my part (If that Jihad swapping was intended)?

Posted  Edited by AlphaOwl

I know this appeal has already been finished but it's been a pretty clear rule that jihad swapping is something that should be avoided in general, especially in large groups. I doubt you're gonna get that cleared off of your name, because although you weren't reported by anybody and were punished by the game, I'd assume what you technically did was mass, since jihad swapping failures are a well known bug. We've already had two people banned prior due to them jihad swapping, and both had been punished for mass rdm. I'd say you're probably gonna stay with that karma ban, and you should just be more careful next time. 

Edited by AlphaOwl

Posted  Edited by DaniTheHero - Edit Reason: Didn't properly use quotes.
2 hours ago, AlphaOwl said:

I know this appeal has already been finished but it's been a pretty clear rule that jihad swapping is something that should be avoided in general, especially in large groups. I doubt you're gonna get that cleared off of your name, because although you weren't reported by anybody and were punished by the game, I'd assume what you technically did was mass, since jihad swapping failures are a well known bug. We've already had two people banned prior due to them jihad swapping, and both had been punished for mass rdm. I'd say you're probably gonna stay with that karma ban, and you should just be more careful next time.

I skimmed through the rules in motd and unless i'm really tired and didn't notice, i don't see anything mentioning Jihad swapping.
And since i'm fairly new and never knew this happened to people before, nor has anyone directly told me about it,  i had no way of knowing of this bug, especially when practically almost every round i have played, people do Jihad swap both T's and Innos.
So there is an argument to be had about being auto banned over an occurence of a bug that i wasn't warned of, and no one complaind over the result and it being a clear accident.

Edited by DaniTheHero
Didn't properly use quotes.

You can't swap off Jihads with Q, only when pressing 1 or something.

Nevertheless, I meant to deny it when I first saw it. Sorry I didn't get to it fast enough.

Achievements

• Duck. locked, unlocked and locked this topic