Bue.

Thoughts about 2020?

The events happening are awful, but for me personally going into lockdown was very needed. It gave me time to figure myself would and focus on improving my mental health (which i have done really well), and let me focus on my future and where i want to be.

Making the best of a shit time.

For the world? Not the best year, no war though so that's nice. Corona sucks, I had to sit inside for 9 weeks, the fires in Aussie had the smoke come over to NZ and turned our skies orange at 2pm, all in all, I give 2020 a 2/10.

For the community? Good times, more progress made, however more suck ups and power hungry peeps which is never fun.

Achievements

3 hours ago, Duck. said:

For the world? Not the best year, no war though so that's nice. Corona sucks, I had to sit inside for 9 weeks, the fires in Aussie had the smoke come over to NZ and turned our skies orange at 2pm, all in all, I give 2020 a 2/10.

For the community? Good times, more progress made, however more suck ups and power hungry peeps which is never fun.

No war yet, yes, yes, that's always something to be thankful for, haha.

Corona does suck- but I'm glad to hear that you actually stayed inside ... unlike @Dale Gribble. 💀

But yeah, the fires here in California are literally so bad. One early evening, the sky was literally pitch black for my entire town! I hope your place is doing better now.

But yes, GFL Community has expanded a little bit in regards to new servers and other servers growing out of beta testing, it's all lovely. But of course the posers and frauds, acting to be a certain person they claim but actually have other intentions.... never good. But every community, especially a community that regards gaming, your definitely going to find posers and people that like power-play.

Hopefully it won't get too bad!

1 minute ago, Dinomoto said:

shit year, pass it on.

This is me passing it on

Not to bad. been to the beach finally, gonns learn how to surf, did some flooring jobs, been camping after not going for hella years, got a new car. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Hard some terrible shit happen but gotta push forward.  

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Posted  Edited by Dinomoto
16 minutes ago, Bue. said:

This is me passing it on

Definitely not saying it cause my team got relegated, heh

Edited by Dinomoto

Posted  Edited by Bue.
8 minutes ago, JGuary55 said:

Not to bad. been to the beach finally, gonns learn how to surf, did some flooring jobs, been camping after not going for hella years, got a new car. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Hard some terrible shit happen but gotta push forward.  

The beach is always a stress reliever fr, I'm glad you had that opportunity!

I could teach you how to surf... i learned a few years ago and happen to be really good on my little foam-shit-boogie-board 😌

Wow! A new car? Who would know that 2020 would hold such a surprising event for someone 😂 What kind of car??

But lastly, I'm glad you were able to get over the shit that's gotten in your path. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you. My dms/forum messages are always open to you, JGuary.

Edited by Bue.

Guest Saizy
Posted  Edited by Saizy
9 hours ago, Bue. said:

We all know that this year has probably been the most demented in our life time, but

which event  in 2020 effected you the most?

Or-

What are your opinions on each/one drastic occurrence?

Hopeful.

As much as it sucks to live through these tiring times, I believe it's the gap between "old modern" & "new modern" eras. As people become more socially aware of their surroundings, we can progress as a society. Quality of health is just going up; better cancer treatments, learning universally how an epidemic can be straining on countries and people alone, better health benefits, and overall just better healthcare. People are more open to new thoughts such as gay rights, working for your community, recognizing actual mental disabilities, charities becoming stronger than ever, depression awareness, and better education to cover those new ideas in history.

We live in a time that is a cross to a new era, and that can always be really shitty. You have reactionaries going against that. There were people against the arts of the renaissance & new ideas that brought, people were against the American Revolution, people were against Enlighteners in the 1700s, there will always be people against new thought but I have nothing but hope for my future and my decedents world.  

Sorry if it doesn't make too much sense, I just what came to mind.

Edited by Saizy

33 minutes ago, Saizy said:

Hopeful.

As much as it sucks to live through these tiring times, I believe it's the gap between "old modern" & "new modern" eras. As people become more socially aware of their surroundings, we can progress as a society. Quality of health is just going up; better cancer treatments, learning universally how an epidemic can be straining on countries and people alone, better health benefits, and overall just better healthcare. People are more open to new thoughts such as gay rights, working for your community, recognizing actual mental disabilities, charities becoming stronger than ever, depression awareness, and better education to cover those new ideas in history.

We live in a time that is a cross to a new era, and that can always be really shitty. You have reactionaries going against that. There were people against the arts of the renaissance & new ideas that brought, people were against the American Revolution, people were against Enlighteners in the 1700s, there will always be people against new thought but I have nothing but hope for my future and my decedents world.  

Sorry if it doesn't make too much sense, I just what came to mind.

Wow. Lovely message.

I took joy in reading your response.

You are right, 2020 has been able to adapt more to the idea of the LGBTQ+ community and the awareness for depression and of course, Cancer. You seem very diligently concerned and educated among the events in 2020 but even other time in history. I have a lot of respect for that.

It made complete sense, no worries for that.

I appreciate you taking time to respond on my thread, I was very entertained to see your opinion on this side of things! ❤️

Well, the biggest change for me was moving from Belgium to Australia (technically in December 2019 but still)

It was a really hard thing to do as I left everything and everyone I knew behind. I had so many plans. My parents were gonna visit in April and I was going to Belgium in August. I was going to get a job etc. Instead because of Covid-19 I haven't seen my family in almost a year, I have no income in a country that I barely know and I'm stuck inside for months. 

Luckily I'm with my boyfriend, so that makes up for a lot of it! Sadly we are struggling to make ends meet since he also lost his job. As soon as our lease is over, we plan on moving back in with his parents, so we can build up our savings again. 

Apart from all of that, I am happy. I'm happy to be with the best person in the world and I'm happy to be in Australia. Just trying to get through every day 😄

Sorry for this big rant. It's nice to talk about it for once :v

SignautreOne.gif

53 minutes ago, HeavenlyAsHell said:

Well, the biggest change for me was moving from Belgium to Australia (technically in December 2019 but still)

It was a really hard thing to do as I left everything and everyone I knew behind. I had so many plans. My parents were gonna visit in April and I was going to Belgium in August. I was going to get a job etc. Instead because of Covid-19 I haven't seen my family in almost a year, I have no income in a country that I barely know and I'm stuck inside for months. 

Luckily I'm with my boyfriend, so that makes up for a lot of it! Sadly we are struggling to make ends meet since he also lost his job. As soon as our lease is over, we plan on moving back in with his parents, so we can build up our savings again. 

Apart from all of that, I am happy. I'm happy to be with the best person in the world and I'm happy to be in Australia. Just trying to get through every day 😄

Sorry for this big rant. It's nice to talk about it for once :v

Yeah, no kidding. Moving is a huge chance! It can also cause severe depression among some people.

And wow... that is tragic. I'm really sorry that you have to go through that- I'm sure it will all be over very soon! :C . Not seeing your family for the longest time much be really hard for you. Although, I'm glad that you are with a really great person and he makes you happy! That has to count for something! ❤️

I really wish you guys luck with all of the savings and you seeing your parents again or potentially move in with your boyfriend's parents as well.

That will be a quite convenient event that we all need during this year!

Never apologize! Ranting can help so much in some cases, I'm glad you did it here. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you! My dms // forum messages are always available to you! ❤️❤️

Posted  Edited by Cuddlecakes

I'm in highschool, and since the pandemic started in the middle of classes, we had a thing called emergency online learning where we'd be invited to google classrooms and we would do assignments and tests there. It was all asynchronous learning. Since I used google classroom for years, it wasn't a huge deal.

The thing I was stressed about was my Mom. Since her work is screening and acting and all that jazz, she was unable to make any money for months up until like about a month ago. Luckily, she had savings in her bank account but the thought that we'd not have enough money made me very sick.

Another thing was that I couldn't see any of my friends. At school, in the cafetorium, at lunch, we would be playing Uno and we'd be having a blast hating each other. Sometimes we'd go over to one of my friend's house and play video games together. But when the pandemic started, that all stopped happening. It's been about 7 months since then and I've felt a bit lonely (until we were able to have a sleepover like a few days ago). Sure I have my Mom and sister but that doesn't make me feel any less so.

This virus in general makes me scared because not only is it dangerous, but it's even worse for me since I have a breathing deficiency, and this virus targets the lungs funny enough. Everytime I go outside, I'm just afraid I might catch it. I've always been a paranoid person and this pandemic did not make things better for me. It doesn't help that the masks also reduce my breathing when worn for too long.

I know this sounds depressing, and I mean it is but that's how I felt (and still feel) about this pandemic; a bit lonely and paranoid. But on the bright side, I get to draw a lot more, so there's that uwu

Edited by Cuddlecakes

@Cuddlecakes
I'm really glad you took the time to express your feelings on my page. Hopefully the thought or feeling of venting to someone(s), was helpful. I'm also really glad that you were able to have a sleep over with your friends that you haven't seen or been able to be with normally for the past 7 months or so. 

Like I've said to other people on here, just know that you aren't alone with these traumas. Sure, Covid has effected everyone differently but it's definitely affected everyone in a negative way, so I'm sure we can all relate on that level.

I'm also really apologetic to the fact that you've felt lonely for the past few months- that could lead to depression or just sadness for the majority of us. Just know that you are never alone here, if not we, then I will always be here to chat if you ever need me.

I hope the money situation with you, your sister and your mom gets better over time with that new opportunity your mom has found to make money for your family again. I hate to hear that people struggle with money issues, considering it's basically what keeps us alive.

I wish I could help you in that matter.. but I guess the only thing I can do from here is just give you my best support. If you ever need someone to talk/vent too, my forum messages are always open to you.

1 minute ago, Alexis said:

Covid screwed my life over :(

:C

Drastic events happen to too many people too often-  fate just happened to all hit us in 2020