Jump to content
 Share

Klordix

Change/Remove "cant KOS of sound" rule

Change/Remove "cant KOS of sound rule"  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Was i in the right to kill the person in Scenario B?

    • Yes
      1
    • No
      14


Recommended Posts

"cant KOS of sound" is pretty straight foward compared to other rules that exists. Most other rules can be easier on you considering the situation but not "cant KOS of sound" rule. its harsh and Admins dont care if you had enough information on why you decided to go against the rule. If sound was a part of your reasoning why you killed a person then your getting slayed. Even tho the guy i killed was firing his gun when i was a floor under him lighthouse. 

 

  • Traitor baiting - shooting towards another player without calling any KOS.    

 

The person that i killed in lighthouse was shooting at another player without saying anyhting.  You people says its highly suspicious but where is the line when it goes to Traitorous and suspicious. In my eyes its suspicious to be hiding somewhere and looking at people with your sniper, meanwhile traitorous is shooting with your gun at people just like what the guy did. Here is an example on a Rule that you can break without getting slayed if your reasoning is valid enough for why you went against it.

 

  • Do not revenge RDM. 

 

The rule isn't speicifc enough considering the situation here im gonna give you two scenarios when its right and wrong,

 

Scenario A: Person kills an innocent and doesn't say anything but identifies the body then walks away, the body is an innocent. In this situation your in the right to kill the person thats walking away because he didn't announce why he killed the person, but according to the rules YOU CANT. 

 

Scenario B: Person kills an innocent and announces that the person was hurting him with his crowbar/ a gun. Then it was fine for him to kill him becuase he acted in self defense considering the fact the guy could had been a Tratior trying to kill him, he had no other options to defend himself. 

 

Now considering my situation i will bring it up here in two different Scenarios so you can spot the difference perhaps? This will be about the "cant kos of sound rule"

 

Scenario A: Your just walking outside of buildings when you here gunfire from one of the buildings. A guy announces that he got shot after you heard the gunfire from the building, You walk inside into the building and your met with a person thats walks down from another floor in the building. Can you KOS this guy? Of course not in my opinion since you lack enough information to confirm if it was him or another guy in the building that has a sniper rifle he would just turn up as supicious. 

 

Scenario B: Your in a building with 2 other people in it because you have walked through the entire house knowing what players are inside of it, One player is above you with a silenced sniper rifle and the other is with you with a shotgun. So you know both players names and you know what weapons they have. You also recently know that the guy with the sniper rifle was acting weird so you decided to stay close if  he decided to do anything traitorous so you are on floor 1 and he is on floor 2. Then you hear a gunshot from the floor above you coming from that person because he held that sniper rifle you just heard. After that gun was fired you hear a guy announce that he was shot by a sniper. So you decide to go up to the floor where the sniper guy is and you find him near a window with his sniper out. Now i ask you this, CAN YOU KILL HIM? In my opinion yes since you have the information needed so you know which people are in the building so you know it was him that fired and not anyone else. But considering to the RULES i cant kill him because going of sound and information you have in your brain a not viable strategy and admins suggest that playing without sound is the best experience.

 

If you do not agree with Scenario B then explain why than just saying "you cant kos of sound", think for yourself for once and see yourself in the situation scenario B and what u would had done if  it was you. I dont know who considered to add this rule in the first place but i would like to see other peoples opinions since i was in the Scenario B and i got slayed for it. And i want to only hear about this subject and not intrested in any other subjects. If you have other subjects to talk about private messege me or you dont want post your opinion on the post then you can private messege me it.

 

 

Most of this was copy pasted from a messege i sent to an admin, i posted this here because he didn't wanna respond to it. Hopefully you can still read it.

 

 

 


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by Gumb4ll'98 - Edit Reason: had to make sure the link worked.

The thing you are forgetting is the lack of certainty in any of these situations that would benefit the change of this rule. How can we be certain that no other individuals shot at or near the same time as the individual you suspect? How can you be certain that he wasn't just randomly firing his gun and it just soo happened that another person got killed at the same time? How do you know that the person who said he was shot isn't lying?

 

Without definite proof, you are just killing on suspicion and that is not allowed.

 

 https://streamable.com/z7hwu1

Edited by Gumb4ll'98
had to make sure the link worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by Spazzin

I feel like you wouldn't care about any of this had you not been banned. It's pretty simple, either you see the killer or you don't. It's literally in the MOTD

Edited by Spazzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


cat_122.png


                                                                                                                                             unknown.png.3804adb81bcedc6c6c564f1dc9fcbf01.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

1 hour ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

The thing you are forgetting is the lack of certainty in any of these situations that would benefit the change of this rule. How can we be certain that no other individuals shot at or near the same time as the individual you suspect? How can you be certain that he wasn't just randomly firing his gun and it just soo happened that another person got killed at the same time? How do you know that the person who said he was shot isn't lying?

 

Without definite proof, you are just killing on suspicion and that is not allowed.

 

 https://streamable.com/z7hwu1

Randomly firing and being right infront of the window in lighthouse is too obvious that he wasn't just shooting at props or something like that. He was shooting at people thats near the tester since thats what u can see from the windows in lighthouse. The person that announced that he was shot was still alive because he used his mic to say it. Of course people can lie but its not likely that people would lie about taking damage from a sniper compared to false kos people, my point is that it was unlikely for him to lie about it.

 

1 hour ago, Spazzin said:

I feel like you wouldn't care about any of this had you not been banned. It's pretty simple, either you see the killer or you don't. It's literally in the MOTD

I wouldn't care if i got banned for rdming people or doing literally anything else that was obvious for a ban (like using reports to message to admins).  And my question is, Why cant you use sound to help identify traitors? And why do i need to stand behind him to see him do the firing animation to confirm that it was him shooting? Whats the difference between seeing the animation of him firing  and me hearing the gun being fired when he is literally standing infront of the window when i walked up to him looking at people.


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by Spazzin
11 minutes ago, Klordix said:

Why cant you use sound to help identify traitors? And why do i need to stand behind him to see him do the firing animation to confirm that it was him shooting? 

 

Because people use that as an excuse to rdm or they end up killing the wrong person, which is why the rule is the way it is. I don't see what's so hard to understand. You don't need to be behind someone to see them shooting. 

Edited by Spazzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Enough is enough. You CANNOT KOS off of sus under ANY circumstances. KOSing off of sound is KOSing off of sus. This is just ridiculous and petty. Allowing "KOS off ot sound bc it makes sense" would lead to all kinds of RDM that we then cannot moderate and deal with. We don't change rules because one person gets salty that theh were banned over not following the rules. We look at how it would impact the playerbase and our roles as admins. 

For the playerbase, this would cause completely unnecessary RDM that would ruin the game for the vast majority of players, because someone could claim they heard the sound and then we as admins have no way of verifying that.

For us admins, it would cause a nightmare because then we wouldn't be able to moderate that. People like you would STILL try and find loopholes to exploit and then get salty when you have the face the punishment. 

Get off of your high horse and stop being petty.


image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Klordix said:

Randomly firing and being right infront of the window in lighthouse is too obvious that he wasn't just shooting at props or something like that. He was shooting at people thats near the tester since thats what u can see from the windows in lighthouse.

 

But you don't know if he was actually shooting at people or not if you don't have visual confirmation, i already stated why this the case in my first argument. The lack of information would just lead to more RDM's than actual plays.

Just now, Klordix said:

 The person that announced that he was shot was still alive because he used his mic to say it. Of course people can lie but its not likely that people would lie about taking damage from a sniper compared to false kos people, my point is that it was unlikely for him to lie about it.

 

Yeah it's unlikely but it's still a possibility, and with these situations, you gotta mitigate as much uncertainties as possible to avoid RDM's to happen. Which is why verbal claims other than KOS'es are not excusable in RDM's (if they are RDM's).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

But you don't know if he was actually shooting at people or not if you don't have visual confirmation, i already stated why this the case in my first argument. The lack of information would just lead to more RDM's than actual plays.

Your right i didn't know if he was shooting people or not i only took confirmation from a guy announcing that he was shot by a sniper rifle, I already had suspicioun on this guy when i found him in tower crouched and he was firing his sniper rifle, first time i ignored him doing that since nobody said anything about it. second time i was near him and i was lurking around him to hear him do snipe people again which he did but this time i got voice confirmation after he fired 2 shots that 1 guy said he was getting fired at, at this time i said that it was him doing this.

 

6 minutes ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

Yeah it's unlikely but it's still a possibility, and with these situations, you gotta mitigate as much uncertainties as possible to avoid RDM's to happen. Which is why verbal claims other than KOS'es are not excusable in RDM's (if they are RDM's).

I felt like it was the rigth choise after i found him the first time sniping in lighthouse being crouched but i didn't kill him on sight because i didn't know what he was shooting at first, so i waited until he did it again and took my lead of there.


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It's still RDM bro and you gotta stop arguing about this because it isn't gonna change for obvious reasons. Just accept the fact that you fucked up and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, Roger Gunshot said:

KOS off ot sound bc it makes sense

Having sense in TTT might not be the most reasonable thing i guess from admins point of view or gathering information of somewhat. gameplay is more simplified to help admins give players a more fair gameplay from what im understanding. 

19 minutes ago, Roger Gunshot said:

For us admins, it would cause a nightmare because then we wouldn't be able to moderate that. People like you would STILL try and find loopholes to exploit and then get salty when you have the face the punishment. 

You talk to me like i've done this multiple times which i found rude & insulting, It isn't my fault because i had logic behind my reasoning its just that i got shocked that i got slayed for it when i felt like i was in the right. I understand now that the gameplay is simplified  for admins to give each player an fair experience. i've never been rude to you but you act like a menie > : (

5 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

this is a funny discussion

im glad that i made someone happy/laugh at my posts at least


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Klordix said:

 

You talk to me like i've done this multiple times which i found rude & insulting, It isn't my fault because i had logic behind my reasoning its just that i got shocked that i got slayed for it when i felt like i was in the right. I understand now that the gameplay is simplified  for admins to give each player an fair experience. i've never been rude to you but you act like a menie > : (

Dude, we're talking to you like this because look at how you're handling this, you're going to this extent over an RDM you did and it is just rubbing everyone the wrong way and making them think differently about you.

 

The logic you used is flawed because of what i had already stated like a bajillion times but i guess you won't listen because you don't want to be in the wrong when you were very clearly in the wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

Dude, we're talking to you like this because look at how you're handling this, you're going to this extent over an RDM you did and it is just rubbing everyone the wrong way and making them think differently about you.

 

The logic you used is flawed because of what i had already stated like a bajillion times but i guess you won't listen because you don't want to be in the wrong when you were very clearly in the wrong.

I told you before that after he fired twice with his sniper rifle and after the second bullet was fired a guy announced he was getting shot at.and when i first found him he was shooting with his sniper rifle in tower and at that time i didn't kill him because i didn't know if he was shooting at someone so he was just susp at that time. Its not likely for anyone to have done but him since the guy announced it directly after he fired his second bullet. So i wouldn't call my logic flawed, but it went against the rule for sure.


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This is the dumbest thing I’ve half read. In all my time I’ve been playing here I’ve never had a problem with the rules. Honestly just make them work in your favor and move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, TimeForYouToGetAWatch said:

What are the chances 2 people got a shotgun in a room of 3 people, one of the people with the shotgun kills the one without the shotgun and leaves lol

50/50, i dont get your point tho in this situation, 1 had a silenced sniper rifle on second floor and i had an huge and the guy that was with me had a shotgun


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Klordix said:

50/50, i dont get your point tho in this situation, 1 had a silenced sniper rifle on second floor and i had an huge and the guy that was with me had a shotgun

Because the title states “change/remove” so if they removed the kos rules, it could lead to people being rdmed for stuff they didn’t do, thus the question I asked. I wasn’t really going based off the situations you stated

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, TimeForYouToGetAWatch said:

Because the title states “change/remove” so if they removed the kos rules, it could lead to people being rdmed for stuff they didn’t do, thus the question I asked. I wasn’t really going based off the situations you stated

 

 

 

oh lol i get ur point now, yes but in that situation the guy without an shotgun would fight back because he just witnessed a murder. 


professional retard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by Echo.
3 hours ago, Gumb4ll'98 said:

The thing you are forgetting is the lack of certainty in any of these situations that would benefit the change of this rule. How can we be certain that no other individuals shot at or near the same time as the individual you suspect? How can you be certain that he wasn't just randomly firing his gun and it just soo happened that another person got killed at the same time? How do you know that the person who said he was shot isn't lying?

 

Without definite proof, you are just killing on suspicion and that is not allowed.

 

 https://streamable.com/z7hwu1

I think gumball makes this perfectly clear, I dont know why you are going on with this, it is already said and done, deal with it and learn from your mistakes

Edited by Echo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


i really really really dont think its a big deal if you follow the rules and follow what people are saying you can possibly win its when people make a big idea of it.  another reason is that you cant kill anyone who is in combat action with that other player. (now note i rarely play ttt) and i dont think complaining on the forums would wont help this better. But that's my answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...