Jump to content
 Share

Stud

Inventory System

Should we add an inventory system?  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Inventory System

    • +1
      13
    • -1
      2
    • Don't care
      2
  2. 2. Lose on Disconnect

    • +1
      2
    • -1
      2
    • Don't care
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted  Edited by Stud

There was some discussion in the Discord so I thought I'd make a poll on it. Please vote on whether or not you'd like an inventory system.

The idea is that upon death you wouldn't lose the items that are in the inventory. Ideally I'd like to keep the slots fairly small (Around 5).
Let me know what you think!

 

Edit: Added a new poll option! Whether or not we should keep the player's inventory upon disconnect. +1 to vote yes, and -1 to vote no!

Edited by Stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


My issue with this is when you get raided you can just store your items before you die then you win. Especially in a group.

I dunno just seems like a bad idea that's kinda toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Abyss_ said:

My issue with this is when you get raided you can just store your items before you die then you win. Especially in a group.

I dunno just seems like a bad idea that's kinda toxic.

Yea which is why it will be limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


will this store things like weapon shipments after you leave or only when you die?


Anime Scenery GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clonewars Roleplay {Senior Admin}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, MrSleeps said:

will this store things like weapon shipments after you leave or only when you die?

It'd be easiest to implement the "not drop when you die" (simple config change to pockets). 
I'd also prefer to go this route just because it would promote the usage of the Black Market Dealer, and Gun Dealer jobs.

If at one point a person goes and buys every gun there is he would just keep them in his inventory. 

Although again, I am absolutely willing to do what the community wants. I'll add another poll option (Lose on Disconnect).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
1 hour ago, Stud said:

It'd be easiest to implement the "not drop when you die" (simple config change to pockets). 
I'd also prefer to go this route just because it would promote the usage of the Black Market Dealer, and Gun Dealer jobs.

If at one point a person goes and buys every gun there is he would just keep them in his inventory. 

Although again, I am absolutely willing to do what the community wants. I'll add another poll option (Lose on Disconnect).

 

Or we could have pockets & an inventory system with limited space, that way people can keep a shipment or two of guns if they want to keep that, or a phone/tablet. That way people still need to eventually buy guns from the Gun Dealer/BMD.

 

Or blacklisting shipemts of guns from inventory system & allowing them to be kept in pocket, that way guns arent kept, but anything else that seems like a PITA to buy, people can keep

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Honestly, I just want any inventory system. I don't like dying to shit like Covid or Eye Cancer then losing my shipments, my gun, my vape and my drug dealing items. It gets super expensive an adds up.


Anime Scenery GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clonewars Roleplay {Senior Admin}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


An inventory system would be nice, you should only drop the gun you're currently holding. But you should DEFINITELY lose items after disconnecting in my opinion.

 

-Blah ❤️ 


-Blah ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




×
×
  • Create New...