longfork

longfork's compilation of community demands and issues 1

Posted  Edited by longfork

maps that need to go.

• mario kart - little to no spots, unbalanced.
  • zedders mall - again, zero spots and hella small.
  • outlandmine - too fucking broken lol.
  • relay - way too open, some broken fucking spots and way too laggy.
  • amsterville - just needs to be replace with rp_amsterville.
  • uptown - literally just a copy of downtown which hns has 3 versions of.
  • downtown fiend - struggles to be more remarkable than the other 2 downtowns.
  • bangclaw - too big

maps that should be added

• rp_amsterville - much better version than amsterville and has more spots and replayability
  • gmod 13 hotels
  • rp_vespra - just a solid map that adds a lot to the roster.

*there are more longfork just can't think of them rn*

community complaint(s)

• staff is incompetent and overstaffed - longfork doesn't mean to be controversial or to call anyone out it's just that a lot of staff is corrupt and dramatic, for example the situation recently with the user 'nblock' and a few other staff members who were allowing him to alt on the hns discord server and possibly add maps to the hns gmod server, longfork discussed why having nblock even be remotely associated with gfl is a bad idea so he won't explain it. hns staff are also notorious for being incredibly dramatic and problematic for no reason except for being 'brutally honest.' longfork's suggestion is to demote certain staff members who have been multiple offenders of corruption and drama. 

community suggestions

• adding jukebox back might be one of the best ideas for keeping newbies in the server, allowing hiders to play their favorite songs as they are afk hiding in a spot is a excellent way to pass time and keep people engaged.
  • anticheat, longfork sees way too many people scripting and admins can't do anything to ban them because they can't find any definitive proof that they are scripting, although longfork as never experienced this, but he's had multiple people complain about wallhacking.
  • adding some kind of free and paid lootcrate system in the pointshop would be pretty neat, since it would add edge to the pointshop.
  • more community events with new content

closing remarks

hi guys longfork made this because of hns' slowly declining playerbase probably due to the fact that the server never really has any big updates, it just kind of stays the same and that kinda turns people off after a while, having a big update could bring new players and bring back old normal players who since quit. keep in mind these are longfork's and a decent amount of the hns community's playerbase's opinion and it can differ from person to person. i might make another if this one is received well idk bye.

there was hella effort put into this for no damn reason so pls give feedback haha

Edited by longfork

3 hours ago, Lipquip said:

GOOD JOB LONG FORK I THINK THESE IDEAS ARE GREAT AND WILL BE AWESOME FOR H AND S SERVER

'thanks i guess' - longfork

16 minutes ago, longfork said:

staff is incompetent and overstaffed - longfork doesn't mean to be controversial or to call anyone out it's just that a lot of staff is corrupt and dramatic, for example the situation recently with the user 'nblock' and a few other staff members who were allowing him to alt on the hns discord server and possibly add maps to the hns gmod server, longfork discussed why having nblock even be remotely associated with gfl is a bad idea so he won't explain it. hns staff are also notorious for being incredibly dramatic and problematic for no reason except for being 'brutally honest.' longfork's suggestion is to demote certain staff members who have been multiple offenders of corruption and drama. 

If you have issues with staff members, I recommend you report the specific individuals who are causing problems (with evidence) using this form: https://gflclan.com/forms/11-abuse-reports-form/

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

3 hours ago, Xy said:

If you have issues with staff members, I recommend you report the specific individuals who are causing problems (with evidence) using this form: https://gflclan.com/forms/11-abuse-reports-form/

aight

3 hours ago, Xy said:

also i mean you could say i could report them but iss not like anything gon happen to them bruh so htere just ain't no reason to

5 minutes ago, longfork said:

aight

also i mean you could say i could report them but iss not like anything gon happen to them bruh so htere just ain't no reason to

Aside from a manager or division leader noticing misconduct on their own, reporting is the best way to get higher up eyes' on the situation. If you don't report issues, the majority of us won't even know that there is misconduct occurring as we otherwise assume the division leaders and server management are running the server correctly, because, due to lack of reports, we have no reason to assume they're not.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

3 hours ago, VortexKiryu said:

If you want to add/remove a map do it in the suggestion on the hns discord server, then people will vote if it gets added/remove

oh my bad i didn't even know that was a thing

3 hours ago, VortexKiryu said:

If you want to add/remove a map do it in the suggestion on the hns discord server, then people will vote if it gets added/remove

aight but i was just tryna start some kinda discussion since this shit has been dead but it's aight

"anticheat, longfork sees way too many people scripting and admins can't do anything to ban them because they can't find any definitive proof that they are scripting, although longfork as never experienced this, but he's had multiple people complain about wallhacking." first of all some gmod servers dont have great anticheats and cheats can be undected. second of all the gamemode of hide and seek is not really fun anymore also admins are busy with life things and cant get on as much as they want to. i doubt that the admins even care about the server and just want to have admin and go on with their daily lives forgetting this server exists.