foreX

Change Server Settings "Discussion" -Edited for the better?

On 10/27/2016 at 3:36 AM, DarkHeroz said:

Need to keep old point system, that alive point for extra so people who being the 1st zombie can still get some point. The extra point for being human can encourage them to stay alive, maybe can add 1 more system to remove point when they die.

You already lose points when you die to a zombie, which explains why people who care about their ranks go to spectate before zombies can kill them.

And since we're on the topic of points system, I don't see why we had to reset the old point system. The explanation given was  to "prevent zombie inflation", however the points system remains the same and the same players dominate the top of the stats chart, which defeats the purpose of the reset. All I can say is that the points reset is pretty damn dumb to say the least.

https://stats.gflclan.com/hlstats.php?mode=players&game=csgoze 

10 hours ago, mjong99 said:

You already lose points when you die to a zombie, which explains why people who care about their ranks go to spectate before zombies can kill them.

I thought it remove when we die - die here i mean die for any reason not just only zombie.

8 hours ago, DarkHeroz said:

I thought it remove when we die - die here i mean die for any reason not just only zombie.

I don't think its a good idea to lose points if you die for any reason. What if you're going to spec mode or if your computer lags and you fall to your death, would be unfair to lose points for those reasons.

6 minutes ago, foreX said:

This also might be controversial, but IMO the server should limit the MC color plugin to help new players. When I first started I used to follow every white spartan to a door and stayed there. Then I followed the purple guy with the [Supreme Leader] tag all the time until I learned the maps and realized he was a loud morphine addict. 

Nowadays, any sh*t player that becomes a member on GFL can be ANY color. Certain colors should be for member, all colors and most skins available for VIP, and everything + specific skins available only for admins. If it was this way when I started I'd probably still be confused and hugging doors.

Obviously I don't frequent ZE nearly as much as I used to, but I don't see the harm in giving members cool perks. I get that maybe you were confused at first, but it's not our job to make sure every noob has a golden brick road paved in front of them. Members get cool colors, which I think is cool, and doesn't have nearly as much of an impact on new players as you think it does.

34 minutes ago, foreX said:

For sure, members should have some perks by having some colors or skins available, but IMO they shouldn't have EVERY color. ZE is special because most players do need the path to the end verbally explained. I didn't stop following white spartans on GFL until someone told me don't blindly follow them. It's an anecdotal story, but true. Also, why not give a few perks but entice people to buy VIP?

I'm trying my best to think like a noob, because they'll be the future regulars, donators of GFL or decide to help map or code.

I don't disagree on the perks for VIP members, but colors for Spartans is no big deal for me. I could see VIPs with models, but I think that only the Spartan should be for members. 

Either way, thanks for articulating yourself well during this whole thread. Well done. 

Posted  Edited by whim4life
1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I don't disagree on the perks for VIP members, but colors for Spartans is no big deal for me. I could see VIPs with models, but I think that only the Spartan should be for members. 

Either way, thanks for articulating yourself well during this whole thread. Well done. 

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue your welcome. Your welcome :-).

1 hour ago, foreX said:

This also might be controversial, but IMO the server should limit the MC color plugin to help new players. When I first started I used to follow every white spartan to a door and stayed there. Then I followed the purple guy with the [Supreme Leader] tag all the time until I learned the maps and realized he was a loudly skilled morphine addict. 

Nowadays, any sh*t player that becomes a member on GFL can be ANY color [like Fidler noob]. Certain colors should be for member, all colors and most skins available for VIP, and everything + specific skins available only for admins. If it was this way when I started I'd probably still be confused and hugging doors. Also, it's another reason to buy VIP.

Yes. Restrict some privileges for sh*t players playing on the server. Removing their member tag if they are being flag by players that have annoyed them would help as a start? idkmanidk. :pull:

Edited by whim4life

53 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Hmm, maybe we could implement a script that disables players with >X amount of playtime from picking up items.

That's not a good idea, we need some iron fists that would dare to eban the one that use items the wrong/trolling way. For first time ( if he is actually not that good and still don't listen ) eban him for 3 hours, if he did repeat ( or obviously trolling and has a bad reputation to other players ) eban him for 1 week/month depends on situation, 2nd repeat perm eban etc.

Also #FreeYudi , he only trolls earth on Mako which is the map GFL nubs hate the most, and only do so if the other players are bad. In a team with good tryhard he won't troll, this I confirmed

Just now, Shiki said:

That's not a good idea, we need some iron fists that would dare to eban the one that use items the wrong/trolling way. For first time ( if he is actually not that good and still don't listen ) eban him for 3 hours, if he did repeat ( or obviously trolling and has a bad reputation to other players ) eban him for 1 week/month depends on situation, 2nd repeat perm eban etc.

Also #FreeYudi , he only trolls earth on Mako which is the map GFL nubs hate the most, and only do so if the other players are bad. In a team with good tryhard he won't troll, this I confirmed

I don't do automatic 3 hour eban, I do 30 min, 1 hour, 24 hour, 1 week, perm.

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

1 minute ago, Crusty said:

I don't do automatic 3 hour eban, I do 30 min, 1 hour, 24 hour, 1 week, perm.

Then do so more often, look at all the healing gone wrong in Santa and minigun falling in the wrong hand

Posted  Edited by Crusty
6 minutes ago, Shiki said:

Then do so more often, look at all the healing gone wrong in Santa and minigun falling in the wrong hand

That's why, when we see a unfamiliar player using a certain item, we etransfer it to a player who knows how to use it. If it is an obvious player trolling the items, that's when eban is used.

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Crusty said:

That's why, when we see a unfamiliar player using a certain item, we etransfer it to a player who knows how to use it. If it is an obvious player trolling the items, that's when eban is used.

I don't see etransfer happen often, Loan's too busy teamspeaking, KEY afking, other admins who are playing busy tryharding, etc

Posted  Edited by Crusty
11 minutes ago, Shiki said:

I don't see etransfer happen often, Loan's too busy teamspeaking, KEY afking, other admins who are playing busy tryharding, etc

I don't give a shit what they do, I always ask and make sure it's okay with the player that I plan on etransferring the item to. Send me a PM so we can keep this post on topic.

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

10 minutes ago, Shiki said:

It is literally part of the requirements for admins to have access to TS. I have no idea why you need to call me out on this. #doyouevenTS

I don't do etransfer as often because I believe in letting new players try. Everyone starts from zero, someone has to learn the items even if that means learning it the hard way. Don't item hoard, this game isn't a one man show. Respect the newcomers and don't hate. Every single one of us at one point was new to ZE.

Being back I have noticed a few things are a tad off with the server, this has nothing to do with @Spookycommander nor when @Kim was managing the server. When I say a tad off, I think there are things that could be done to the server that would probably be helpful toward player convenience.

1. Damage Displayer Change

The Current Damage Displayer is used from Franc1sco, but the style I feel is way too cluttered:

Im not sure if the latest version is up-to-date from this thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2359028 ,but I personally like if we changed the version from sm_showdamage_style "2" as shown in this picture.

71d9139d6c6eedfe6edfb141a4c9a2b7.png

Personally, this provides a cleaner damage displayer and shows what the players likely care for more, which are the numbers which happen to be bigger.

2. Entwatch

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the current version of Entwatch, unless done on purpose, I think it's way too cluttered currently being put on the hints screen. I feel there should be an option that displays on left chat or keep it just scoreboard and text chat. While some of you may remember Loco, he had a version where he put left text, scoreboard and general chat. https://github.com/Locomotivers/entWatch-CSGO <-This is just an example if what I'm talking about

3. Stabilizing the server, From what it seems, the server has been crashing a lot more than what I remember. Granted servers crash time and time again, but it seems to happen more frequently now. I think it would probably have to be either plugin or map related. 

4. Map Rotation, not sure if this has been changed from the time I got banned, but I think the rotation could increase from the standard 15 maps to 20 maps. This creates more variety for the server as a whole. 

5. !zbuys & reworked zombie selection system. I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Quickbuys like !he that are connected to !zmarket not a separate plugin and reworking ZR to selection every person before restarting the cycle would be pretty nice.

6. !sm @all, some might ask why this is needed with voice_enable 0. However, this also mutes chat clients too. (Could be wrong). Just another one of those convenience things.

Yeah, that's all I got for now. Weapon knockback could use a few tad tweaks.

8 hours ago, SFB said:

3. Stabilizing the server, From what it seems, the server has been crashing a lot more than what I remember. Granted servers crash time and time again, but it seems to happen more frequently now. I think it would probably have to be either plugin or map related. 

Server crash always blame csgo update mostly - big update , If u notice after the csgo update all ze server crash because it fuk up the ZR. 

8 hours ago, SFB said:

5. !zbuys & reworked zombie selection system. I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Quickbuys like !he that are connected to !zmarket not a separate plugin and reworking ZR to selection every person before restarting the cycle would be pretty nice.

Also the !zbuy fuk the ZR to which sometime it turn ze server into normal csgo server where people can buy molotov can kill each other. You can simply use bind command to key for quick buy like some of people do. Ex bind kp_end "say /zmarket; menuselect 5; menuselect 3; menuselect 3; menuselect 9"