Beaker

Beaker's Event Suggestion

Event Type: CSGO tournament

Event Description:

I would like to propose a CSGO tournament that would be GFL wide. Especially in the Gmod discord there has been quite enthusiasm about a tournament. (Note: I do not have much experience with tournaments, but I would like to spread the idea of such event occurring. I also apologize if anything said may be considered wrong, I am open to criticism. ) 

-The CSGO tournament could function using "Round-robin" which basically allows teams to face each other at least twice which would make it fair. 

- This tournament would allow the social media team to be able to stream/ record the tournament and provide publicity to GFL.

-I have already two CSGO casters to commentate on the game.

-A goal would be to have at least 2-4 teams, the more the merrier. But I would set the cap at 10 (depends on the popularity).

- Rewards/ incentives: Discord Nitro,  having fun with the homies, VIP, or roles. I will lead this up to the EC's to decide. 

-Age: This tournament is mostly just for fun, so I don't think one is needed but keeping stuff at PG-13 level is recommended. 

- Conduct: Mild trash talk and banter could be allowed to keep stuff interesting.

Additional Information:

There are many websites we could use to host/ track the game scores. A possible option is to use FACEIT, but I do believe that it is way too complicated. So we could use https://popflash.site/. The benefits of Pop flash is that it is very simple to use, all you need is to pay to host. Pop flash like many other hosting servers also allows teams to ban certain maps and also has a nice 128 tickrate. 

We can also include https://challonge.com/ which allows a easier way to create brackets for tournaments. 

Teams:  Players can create their own premade team.  Players can also opt into being a free agent, which would allow them to join any team that needs filling or other circumstances not stated . As said before, it can be up to the ECs to decide.  Players can also choose their own team name, if its fucking lame they will be banned.

Posted  Edited by Infra - Edit Reason: a

@FrenZy worth a shot, perhaps?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/660337053665329182.png

Edited by Infra
a

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Posted  Edited by Bae - Edit Reason: just noticed my typo

Pretty much, gotta wait for frenzy to respond first before we, EC, can't take 'em. It's his section of game.

Edited by Bae
just noticed my typo

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I'll think about it. I'll likely set up a scrim server for us if I decide to go for this though. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

It's happening. 😎 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)