Roy

[10-18-16] Expenses Update - Removing A Machine, Etc

I have purchased the VPS and cancelled the machine. We have until the 23rd (21st since I go on vacation) to move our servers off the machine. I will be working on this in the next couple days.

Thanks.

Hidden
12 minutes ago, OrganicPumpkin said:

Also we can put Roy and a few others on payroll now if the community wants too. 

I see your point, but if this website is mostly ran on donations, it should be devoted to the server/website. Now if it was based on Ad revenue, I don't see a problem.

1 hour ago, TheQueenOfDicks said:

Is VPS as good as our old machine? If so why don't we buy more VPS?

The cores on NFO VPSs are virtualized resulting in lower performance. For example, having CS:GO ZE on VPS is a very bad idea because the performance would be terrible (probably by 50% or so).

Thanks.

CS:S Bunny Hop and Garry's Mod Murder #1 are moved to the new VPS.

Note to Current/Future Server Managers running GMod servers on Linux

All the folders in addons/ must not contain any uppercase letters. They will not be loaded if they do. I believe the reason for this is because Garry's Mod loads these addons with all lowercase letters. This isn't an issue in Windows because the directory "notes", "Notes", and "nOteS" are basically the same directory while in Linux, you can have two separate directories with one named "notes" and the other named "Notes" (case-sensitive basically).

Thanks.

Hidden
3 minutes ago, Roy said:

CS:S Bunny Hop and Garry's Mod Murder #1 are moved to the new VPS.

Thanks.

After you explained what was different with Linux, I can't wait to see the rest of the servers moved to Linux (if they do get moved). Good choice!

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

All the servers are moved off of the old machine (I did this sooner than I expected). If you experience any issues, please let me know. I ensured each server successfully connected to the MySQL server. However, there is always a possibility that something else went wrong.

4 hours ago, Batty said:

After you explained what was different with Linux, I can't wait to see the rest of the servers moved to Linux (if they do get moved). Good choice!

Yep! Basically, in my opinion, Linux for game servers beats Windows any day :)

Thanks.