Otter

Shit internet just got shittier

So... tonight my internet was acting very strange and I was getting 4-6k ping without anyone downloading, uploading, or really being on anything demanding. I decided to restart my modem(30 seconds) and that didn't work. I unplugged it for over 5 minutes, doesn't work. I then left it unplugged for over 20 minutes, nothing.

It seems that our speeds have almost decreased 2.5x from what it originally was. 600 KB/s and is now 125 KB/s. (I know both are shit, but at least I'm able to play with my original internet).

Our modem is like 3-4 years old and if we put our ethernet cables in all the way, it doesn't register that they're connected. 

I wondered if anyone could help me.

IF YOU POST SOME SHIT LIKE "JUST MOVE"  or "GET BETTER INTERNET" I'mma just dead your post real quick. 

We have what we can get in this area.

Usually updating your router/modem with a new router/modem will fix this issue however try calling your ISP first and see if it's something on their end because I know where I used to live my ISP would slowly dial back our internet speed that way they made money off us and still keep their resources, if they are not the issue take the cable out of the router and use it directly and see if that makes a difference, also try different times throughout the day and see if it's better at random times, internet has peak times and all that shit so it could be just more people with your ISP on at the same time, let me know how things go with these ideas 

Achievements

Just now, The_Mad_Hatter said:

Usually updating your router/modem with a new router/modem will fix this issue however try calling your ISP first and see if it's something on their end because I know where I used to live my ISP would slowly dial back our internet speed that way they made money off us and still keep their resources, if they are not the issue take the cable out of the router and use it directly and see if that makes a difference, also try different times throughout the day and see if it's better at random times, internet has peak times and all that shit so it could be just more people with your ISP on at the same time, let me know how things go with these ideas 

was just about to write something extremely similar to what you said.

Since you did that for me, I will just leave my internet speed here.

5727553409.png

Also, try factory resetting your router. There is usually a small button which you can only reach with a small stick, push it for like 20 seconds and it should reset.

You can try accessing your router control panel, by typing your public ip address  on your search bar like this: 4afa474531bf4200a88e3299e34a975f.png

Check if all the settings are ok.

yeah.gif

1 hour ago, Leks said:

was just about to write something extremely similar to what you said.

Since you did that for me, I will just leave my internet speed here.

5727553409.png

Also, try factory resetting your router. There is usually a small button which you can only reach with a small stick, push it for like 20 seconds and it should reset.

You can try accessing your router control panel, by typing your public ip address  on your search bar like this: 4afa474531bf4200a88e3299e34a975f.png

Check if all the settings are ok.

ITS ALMOST LIKE YOUR INTERNET SPEED IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. NO ONE ASKED FOR IT. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Posted  Edited by Azura

5716732477.png

You all should be happy....

14753452_325431434483925_213916328335957

I couldn't even screenshot and upload because yeah..

Edited by Azura

If you wish to talk to me, send me a PM but it's easier to reach me on Steam.

vf05UJb.jpg

Just now, Slotter said:

well, my internet was fixed. @Leks go fak urself.  Since we have DSL there were mice in the box down the road and chewed 4 wires. They fixed them. Thanks to everyone that helped, except Leks. 

</3 never playing on your rust server again

jk its actually a nice server

yeah.gif

:locked: ?

ill let the guy with bad internet do it

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png