Vauff

Zombie Escape Event #53

On 12/5/2020 at 1:32 AM, DUSTY said:

Not sure about this everyone gets a trophy mentality, but server 2 will be the one to join. With just enough knowledgeable players and some randoms selected as mz it'll be quick work. Server 1 will have too many extreme zombies every round.

CHINA NUMBA 2

22 hours ago, willywilson said:

Wouldve been a win if you trimmed more humans and kept the items

It's more about tactics and luck than the initial number of humans.

If you have few humans: Since you can't really avoid the boss if it goes after you, some players will inevitably get killed, and with fewer humans each life is more valuable (somebody has to take down the initial boss HP, which doesn't depend on the number of humans). You may just run out of humans too fast.

If you have many humans: Everybody has to pull his weight (each human adds +500 HP to the boss), but any amount of damage above this goes towards killing the boss faster. The problem that I often see when many humans are entering the boss fight is that they stack up too much and when the boss goes after one of them he kills a bunch at once.

So whenever I'm leading the boss fight, I tell people to split up between left and right at the start (after a short initial defense at the entrance) and then not to stack up too much.

As to zombies, you should avoid them by looking at their positions on the minimap and moving away from their red dots (while shooting the boss). Also having zombie sounds on and listening to their activity using headphones helps to detect them sometimes. It may be not a bad idea to do a 360° turn around while reloading from time to time, because zombies won't show up on the minimap if nobody is looking at them (once you've glanced at them, they remain show on the minimap for a while).

As to players with herders. The boss arena is much larger that the distance from which the boss can be seen. So all humans are expected to stay spread out within the visibility radius around the boss most of the time. And players with herders are expected to protect this visibility radius around the boss. The main guide for aiming herders at zombies should be the minimap. Herders have a very long range and I think that they should be effective even if you are shooting zombies at the opposite side of the boss visibility radius. Herders have a 5 second cooldown.

The boss doesn't have any special attacks that you need to know how to dodge, so trimming less experienced players is not necessary [and I personally don't like trimming at all].

• 2 months later...