Roy

Alter AFK Manager, Add Round End Most Kill Stat, And Max Players

I just wanted to suggest three things for the CS:S Dust2 server after playing it earlier with @X2D.

Stop Kicking Players When The Server Isn't Full Via AFK Manager

I noticed earlier that players were being kicked for being AFK even when the server was only at ~20 players total. In my opinion, the AFK Manager should be configured to only kick players when the server is nearly full. Having players idle when the server isn't full can help a lot with its population, especially during the times the server has no active players. I don't see any reason to not have it configured this way other than the possibility of us not having any way to measure the active user play times when seeing how much a user plays on the server (I'd imagine this would be put into account during Admin Applications and so on). Either way, if that is the case, we should get something to measure the active player time instead and still alter the AFK Manager.

There's a sm_afk_kick_min_players ConVar which can be used to set the minimum player count that must be meant before kicking users within the AFK Manager plugin (what I'd assume is being used).

Round End Most Kills Stat

I believe it'd be neat to include who had the most kills at the end of the round. This is something I really enjoyed on other servers. While most of the time, MVP is given to who has the most kills for the round (other than successful bomb explosions and defusals), there are many times a player on the losing team has the most kills for that round (in which, they wouldn't receive MVP).

I'm still working to find a simplified plugin that would only use only kills. I did find this plugin, but this plugin includes damage and many other stats as well on round end. As long as we don't mind the additional math calculations on player hurt for damage stats (which shouldn't be a big deal at all given the CPU the server is running on), I think it'd be cool to run that plugin. I looked at the source code and everything looks fine in regards to performance. I would suggest only printing to chat all as well (no menus, etc).

Max Player Count

As of right now, I see the max player count is set to 49. I feel it's strange to have it on an odd number, especially given this is CS:S Dust2 and we want the teams to be even. I believe the max players should be bumped up to 50 with two reserved slots (so the max players on the server itself is set to 52). I see the server's actual max player count is set to 50 and assuming a reserved slot is being used and hidden, this is the reason why visible max players is 49. As long as it's okay, I can raise the real max players to 52 and then set sm_reserved_slots to 2 in cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg so the server will show as 50 visible max players.

That's all for now! I hope the suggestions help.

@Runda @Jekyll