Dominic

Revamping Forum Section Dividers

I could very well be the only one to think this, but something about the forums has always felt hard to digest / cluttered to me. So this is the first of potentially a few suggestions on how to make things look better, if I can pinpoint any other problem areas that is. This might not even be an issue / better route, I'm just spitballing to be honest.

Anyway, I think the section dividers are pretty important and I think it's crucial for them to not look lumped in with the actual sub-forums themselves. Sometimes it seems they have random images to the right, or sometimes they're just blank.. I'll show what I'm referring to below as it's slightly hard to articulate:

NN6hzCh.png

In this case, there's nothing on it.

dOhTycT.png

Here, there's a random image on the right side of the divider.

For one, I think having an image on the right side does nothing to help the look of things, because I don't think it catches anyone's idea as they're browsing. I think having something on the left side behind the actual title of the section would make it easier. However, I don't think an image would look good. I think it'd look much cleaner with a simple blue that starts on the left side and goes across maybe 30% of the way. I know it's probably hard to follow along with this idea just through my words, so forgive the shitty Paint images but this is what I'm getting at:

yeh1eLF.png

I don't think a blue border around the divider like what's shown in the image above would hurt either, tbh.

Let me know what you think.

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Thought it was Ben, but it was Aurora

I think I saw a thread somewhere from Aurora she was asking about wrappers or themes, which I think would inherently cover this.  They might be working on it 😉 

Edited by Joshy
Thought it was Ben, but it was Aurora

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152