DrakoHD

please ask for help

I'm really glad you made this post, it's very important and this is a big issue, plus it's always good to have someone reaching out to you in a bad time 🙂

-Brotherwolf

The circumstances of the past year affect us all in different ways. There's no shame in any of you reaching out for help if it's hurting too much. It doesn't matter who you are; no one in this community deserves to languish with whatever you're fighting. I was pushed over the edge last year as well, and it presents a very real danger that should be taken seriously.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

This is a very good thread.  Thanks for posting it!

The dream for me would be instead of pointing to help or having available ears..  we can also all work a little bit on not instigating the need for help.  A little compassion can go a long way.  If you don't like an idea...  that's fine.  Attack the idea... not the person.  I hear a lot of times that this is just a gaming community and I have some massive news for the folks who say that: Yes.  We already know that; however: the things we say and do here can still have a very big impact, and just as mentioned above it's very reasonable for people to feel more affected during these trying times.  When we push just a little bit or squeeze in one more act of negative behaviour we're working with a moving threshold and we only need to be wrong once just a little bit for permanent consequences.

We're not asking you all to be therapists.  We're not asking for perfection or for you to be a saint.  Not asking for you to calculate every tiny move you make.  Just try to be an okay human being and realize that there are a lot of thoughts and emotions behind the keyboard and you don't know what others are going through.  Think 2-3 times about it if you can, and try to do the right thing.  There might not always be a right answer and you might not know what to do, but just do the best you can and at least get the little things out of the way.  If something happens or it's inevitable try to stage yourself for the confidence that you did the best you could.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152