Luca

Luca's Prophunt Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Luca

Your In-Game Name: «PhX» Luca ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38296627

Reason for punishment: Hacking

Admin: Lord_Banana

Why the punishment show be revoked:

I legit was not hacking. I don't know why he thought i was hacking. he didn't even question me (as far as i know), so I'm not sure what type of hack he thought I was using (I'm guessing just the regular wallhack since i got 14 kills, but i just have a good headset which allows me to make a good estimation of where taunts are coming from). I am 100% sure he can't prove i was hacking though, as i know i wasn't. 

Edited by Luca

Hello, I had been called on to the server at suspicions of you hacking and when I watched you I recorded you and as you say you are using taunts to find people perhaps help me clear up three different scenarios.

Here is my video proof

In the beginning when you grenaded the tower, how did you know someone was up there and also why not just get up there as I noticed you know how to use the !stuck command?

Second scenario of suspicion was at 1:30. If you are relying on sound why did you choose to go behind the house instead of checking inside first?

Third moment was at 2:30 when you were looking for a taunt within the saloon, I am assuming, why did you not bother to move around any other prop when you went upstairs and instead made straight line to the newspaper?

These were my suspicions and what led to me making the decision to ban you, and if I am wrong I do apologize I would just like to clarify those three situations where you drew the most attention from me.

1st kill: pure luck, the round before this one, I got killed the exact same way by "unnamed" (ironically, I even jokingly called him/her out for hacks). i just figured I'd do the same as I saw someone jumping out of there at the end of previous rounds.

2nd kill: tbh, this one caught me by surprise. I didn't even know you could turn into a shovel or not. I guess I didn't go inside because it's not like the props would move, so I know the prop that's in the area will stay there. And there's a lot less props to check outside. (You asked for a reason, so I'm just guessing what went through my mind, I don't really remember what i was thinking at the time).

3rd kill: Looking back, I can see why you'd find that illogical. I can't even explain it myself. I just didn't think of checking the bottles on the shelves downstairs. Thats all there is to it. The reason why I check downstairs first and then went upstairs is because i could clearly hear where the taunt was coming from on the horizontal axis, but for some reason I can never figure out where it's coming from on the vertical axis. So if the horizontal axes were defined by X and Z and the height was defined by Y, I could kind of pinpoint the X and Z coordinates of the position of the prop, but not the Y coordinate. Which is also why the paper was the first thing I checked upstairs, as i knew where i had to look. If it wasn't the paper, I would've checked the 2 standing chairs and then the plant, and if it wasn't that, i would've checked the roof.

I get that I don't really think logically sometimes, but don't you think that if I was hacking, I'd either be a very bad hacker, or trying very hard to hide it by checking area's without fakes and sometimes acting like I can't find a prop even though I could hear their taunts? Because I'm pretty sure i couldn't find every prop, even if they taunted.

Ps. Prophunt is the only gamemode I play on Gmod, meaning i have over 100 hours of prophunt experience. With this much experience, you kinda get a feel as to what people usually turn into and where they'd hide.

I don't blame you for thinking I was a hacker. This wasn't the first time I got banned from a server, and it probably won't be the last time. I just wish you'd let me know I was being suspicious as no one (not you or unnamed) called me a hacker. Or at least spectate me over a longer timeframe. I got 14 kills, and because I got lucky on 3 of those, I get perma banned. (appreciate the quick answer btw)

I spectated you also, afew hours before this clip was taken.

"I got 14 kills, and because I got lucky on 3 of those"

Seems you got lucky on any map finding these props fast, because you were always top fragger. I didnt record evidence, but your playstyle was sus all the time- pre aiming through walls like toogleing at props for a sec.

Posted  Edited by Luca
14 minutes ago, FloRhyan said:

Seems you got lucky on any map finding these props fast, because you were always top fragger. I didnt record evidence, but your playstyle was sus all the time- pre aiming through walls like toogleing at props for a sec.

THAT I can not explain. Maybe there were taunts going around, which causes me to look at the direction of where the taunt is coming from (even through walls). I don't know what else I can say. How does one prove he isn't hacking? Should i record my screen while playing so you can see I'm not using any third-party software/hack to find players through walls?

As for the toggleing, that's just a lie. My aiming can be snappy sometimes (I play with a rather high dpi), but other than that, there's no way I aim perfectly at enemies through walls (like with an aimbot), so if you could actually prove that on multiple kills (it could coincidentially happen once in a while, though, not 100% perfectly), I will take the ban and look for another server. 

The reason why I'm asking to get this ban lifted is because I like this server, other servers have too much flashy stuff going around. 

Edited by Luca

Posted  Edited by Luca

@Lord_Banana, @FloRhyan So am I going to stay permanently banned because I acted suspicious? I realise it's hard to prove that I'm hacking so asking for proof can be a bit unreasonable. But it's just as hard to prove that I'm not hacking, as I could be acting most of the time whenever I can't find any players (which, btw did happens more often than not). In the end, it's for me a know and for you guys a guess (unless you actually see me snapping onto people, as if I was using an aimbot).

I explained those 3 "suspicious" kills. I don't know what else I can do.

Edit: for extra clarification on why i didn't go up the church instead of throwing a nade. Like i said, I noticed someone jumping out of there at the end of previous rounds, but i knew i check that place (up close), yet I couldn't find anyone. 

Edited by Luca

@Lord_Banana @FloRhyan bonk? I've been banned for nearly a week now for, as it currently stands, 3 suspicious kills. The first kill being the exact same way as the one who probably contacted you (unnamed) killed me, the round before (you can't make this stuff up). And the other 2 kills, where I simply acted different from how you would've expected me to act. 

After looking at the proof footage multiple times, ignoring the amount of times I walked past fake props, you can even see that there were 2 people hiding at the bell area, why wouldn't I kill that second one (Lil B) if I knew about him/her being there because of my "hacks"? I went straight past him towards the back of the chapel (where I found the spade). Ironically the taunt I heard before I went to the spade probably also came from "Lil B" and not from the spade. If I was hacking, so much of my actions don't make sense. Don't you think it'd be way too boring to always have to act like you're not hacking when you're using hacks? It kinda defeats the purpose of using hacks, especially if you play for hours non-stop (which I did).

Speaking of hacking, you still haven't specified what kind of hack I'm using. All this just makes it look like I was banned for playing "too good to not be a hacker", much rather than you actually knowing that I'm a hacker.

Hello, 

To voice your concerns there have been many hackers who act like they aren't hacking just to get by as long as they can, and as for the question as to which hack, due to the nature of hacks some aren't able to be determined with the tools at our disposal and we must go off what the video tells us. 

So with further discussions with the other admins on our staff

Your appeal has been DENIED.

Posted  Edited by TheThirdReaper

Decision overruled for a second chance.

Your appeal has been ACCEPTED. You will be unbanned shortly. 

Edited by TheThirdReaper

Achievements