lobsterpaw

Making Amnesiac Not Painful

amnesiac, in its current state, kind of sucks to play. the damage reduction, whatever the actual % is, is completely unnecessary and just makes it incredibly frustrating to play amnesiac. community feedback is generally neutral-negative, and i see/hear a lot of people frustrated when they get amnesiac. here are my suggestions on potential solutions to amnesiac's problems: 

1. remove the damage reduction. there's no good reason to have it. the common refrain i'm given when i bring it up is "well, we don't want amnesiac to just go around killing people." okay, so why doesn't mimic have the damage reduction? if anything, between the two of them, there's a better case for mimic having a damage reduction debuff. they don't need to kill anyone to take a role. if you decide to kill someone to steal their role as amnesiac, you're best off finding a secluded afk player to kill- hitboxes are already a bit broken, and having such a drastic debuff makes it incredibly difficult to kill anyone with a working keyboard and mouse. if you decide to wait until more players die and just choose a dead body to steal role from (my preferred method), you better hope that you get lucky and don't get into a gunfight before then, because you can't defend yourself effectively at all. 
  2. give amnesiac armor/health. if you can't defend yourself effectively by returning fire, then the next best thing is to have a more solid defense. giving armor/health would make both amnesiac strategies more viable, though it's a bit of a bandaid solution. this isn't a great solution because it doesn't really fit thematically, and the amnesiac would hopefully lose this boost upon switching roles, but i don't know how easy that would be to program. 
  3. incoming damage reduction buff. this serves the same purpose as the armor/health fix, but might be easier to implement than an armor/health give. it's still not great thematically, but i think it's a decent way of balancing the outgoing damage debuff.

2 and 3 are only really necessary if the damage reduction isn't drastically reduced, and i think 1 is definitely the strongest, easiest, and most practical solution. i personally really love amnesiac as a role conceptually, and playing it can be fun, given the right circumstances. the problem is, those circumstances are "i don't get attacked by someone before finding a role". yes, you could just take an innocent role if you're being attacked so that you lose the debuff, but that's hardly justification for keeping the debuff around. thanks.

piss

12 minutes ago, Burriss75 said:

If you dont sit and hide to wait for a t to die all dead people will likely be innocent because of ts killing the innos and if a t finds you hiding you cant actually defend urself

exactly. sitting and hiding isn't even a very engaging or interesting tactic on its own, and the fact that you can hardly defend yourself if you do get found makes it basically pointless. very frustrating

piss

45 minutes ago, lobsterpaw said:

okay, so why doesn't mimic have the damage reduction?

It does
Was given it febuary 14th

Wouldn't be against Amne having body armor if it keeps damage reduction

47 minutes ago, lobsterpaw said:

incoming damage reduction buff. this serves the same purpose as the armor/health fix, but might be easier to implement than an armor/health give

armor would be easier

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

2 hours ago, BlazingArson said:

Wouldn't be against Amne having body armor if it keeps damage reduction

Still would just die on defense because it needs 4 headshots from a m16 and 2 from a rifle or deagle to actually kill its attacker assuming they dont have any body armor

Posted  Edited by Burriss75
1 hour ago, BlazingArson said:

I've oneshot people as amne,

IDK how tf you did this because a rifle headshot with amne does 80 dmg and since its the only neutral who actually benefits from killing people why not just remove its damage reduction entirely instead of giving it armor

Edited by Burriss75

• 1 month later...