chunky furry

chunky furry's General Mute/.Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by chunky furry - Edit Reason: Spell error

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

chunky furry#8192

Why were you banned?: I was banned for saying I hate Nice Cars and for telling someone to choke on water.

Why should you be unbanned?

I should be unbanned I have committed to crime. I told someone to choke on water outside of the gfl discord. Why was I punished for it? Reason 2 I have questions about the server and wanna see why all of these terrible changes are being made. Last but not least I want to apologize to the community for being a jackass. They just need to grow up and be the man they were born to be.

Edited by chunky furry
Spell error

Looks like you have a lot of negative activity within a short amount of time.  If you really want to be on our Discord channels you're going to have to work on that; otherwise our community might not be a good fit for you.

You're right that you did spell out nice cars, but the context and the way you presented the word reasonably provoked words we do not allow on our Discord channels.  You were clearly playing with fire and a deliberate effort to skirt around our rules or censor will not give you a free pass.

Spoiler

I get that this is a gaming community and sometimes people might say a little bit of cringy things maybe a bad joke between friends or after they die in the game (in the heat of the moment)... something along those lines.  You went out of your way to target someone and send them a direct message.  That's also not okay.

Context matters.  It might not be literally spelled out in the rules, but Discord moderators made the right decision for your case.  This wasn't some intricate way to connect the rules against you; you knew what you were doing and you knew the risks.  You took a chance it worked against you.  At best your punishment can be reduced, but we're going to need some type of promise or better behaviour before we get there, which is going to take some time.  I'll check with other moderators to see if anyone can advocate for you at all, but I think we will be closing your appeal very soon.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

How am I going to show better behavior? It’s not like I can go into the discord and show you. Yea I agree shouldn’t have said what I said but, nobody told me I was doing something wrong or made a bug deal out of it. I get banned for telling someone to choke on water outside of the discord. It’s like if i’m in a server with 10 friends and tell one to jump off a bridge (jokingly) and i get punished in another server. That doesn’t make any sense because the server was never brought up and had nothing to do with it. I didn’t tell the person to kill them self that would be different. I told them to choke on water. Some people might say “I hope you pillow is only cold on one side” They don’t mean it as like a hurtful thing it’s supposed to be more of a joke. Also “I hope your cereal is soggy”. I just can’t comprehend why This was made such a big deal. Y’all could have told me to stop saying the Nice Cars thing and I would’ve but you let it go on and get to the point where I thought it was okay. 

You have lots of ways to show positive behaviour on GFL for example you still have access to your forum account and you can post on the forums if you would like.  I am supposing although I haven't checked, that you haven't been banned from the games and still play on our servers.  We've had a few surprise superstars bounce back from their wobbly starts so it can certainly happen.  Quite honestly lack of bad activity even from a ban is going to reflect okay on you although there's no way in heck someone with about 8 relatively recent incidents is going to convince anyone they have changed overnight.  I've seen previous appeals they'll ask the person for about 6 months of time...  I'm personally okay with 3 months if you'd like to retry an appeal.

ELiveo7.png

You've previously avoided the censor before so you were aware of this issue.  This was nothing new.  I know it's for a different word, but the concept is the same.

Like I was saying about the "choke on water" comment...  it's one thing if you're playing a game and die, and maybe in the heat of the moment you tell someone that you hope they hit their head something like that.  Maybe you are chatting privately with a few friends and using slurs?  I get it.  I do that too.  It happens in games.  It's a very different thing if you target someone in a private message DM.  I forgot to mention you called her a whore, and it didn't help your case that she's a very active person in the moderation team.  It definitely did not look like it was friendly or in a joking manner to a friend.

The people on the team...  yeaup...  a bunch of volunteers and probably on the younger side too.  It's not like they're getting paid for this.  I'm not getting paid for this.  We aren't royal guards you get to yell at and expect utmost professionalism or nothing in response; however: from what I've gathered they handled this ban in alignment with our rules and guidelines.  The bottom line is you have a lot of infractions in a short amount of time and there is good enough evidence stacked against you.  I've checked with the team to see if there's anything else, but there is nothing further to be discussed.  This appeal is denied.  You can redo your appeal in 3 months.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152