The1337Gh0st

Bodyguard Buff

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: clarified a sentence

I believe that one of the main flaws of Bodyguard right now is that there isn't much of an incentive to actually guard your target. I believe that this can be fixed by adding in a new mechanic for Bodyguard: being near your target makes you slowly regenerate armor, being capped up to 60 armor maximum. The rate of the armor regen would be slow, somewhere around the rate that the Pharaoh's Ankh heals you. Hopefully this makes Bodyguard be a bit more fun to play as, and actually do its function well.

Edited by The1337Gh0st
clarified a sentence

Achievements

1 hour ago, Burriss75 said:

Make it get healed slowly too as losing a target damages you for 20 so would be a nice way to regain the hp

I feel like giving Bodyguard health regen and armor regeneration would be too strong paired together. It's also not too difficult to heal yourself as people frequently put down health stations, and your target could give you other ways of healing (if possible). The health penalty is there to incentivize you into protecting your target or else you take damage, so giving the Bodyguard health regen effectively makes this mechanic useless.

Achievements

4 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

so giving the Bodyguard health regen effectively makes this mechanic useless.

yeah but it would further incentivize a bodyguard to actually stay around their person even if they had 60 armor and it would ideally be slow enough where they would have to be around them for a while to heal to full

2 minutes ago, Burriss75 said:

yeah but it would further incentivize a bodyguard to actually stay around their person even if they had 60 armor and it would ideally be slow enough where they would have to be around them for a while to heal to full

I agree that it would give the Bodyguard even more of a reason to be near their target, but I am mainly worried about making the Bodyguard too tanky. I probably would be fine with the Bodyguard having both armor and health regen if the health regen wasn't as fast as the armor regen.

Achievements