ChicagoBen

ChicagoBen's CSGO Zombie Escape Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen

Steam Name(s): Chicago Ben

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:34083971

Admin that banned you: vauff

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): intentionally lagging server and encouraging it

Why should you be unbanned?

First this ban was only 3 hours it's time is already over, this is strictly to set the record straight on this event.

For real if you see this giant post and don't wanna read it. TLDR I'll take the reason for lagging server just not encouraging it. Because I got labeled for this.

I never intentionally tried to lag the server, and I was not even close to "encouraging" it. Camper/Banjo put a label on me that I was trying to crash the server and it stuck, even to the admins apparently. 

With liveactioncows vod of the incident I made a chat/voice log of the 2 elevator laggings and the major things being said to clear up on if I was encouraging it or not. 

I never tried to lag the server intentionally. I have played in gfl these last few months  ~170 hours in,  and never saw any major abuse of spamming rebuys to legit lag the server, besides maybe a second at the end of a round. With how weapons clears every 30 seconds and  items always delete a few seconds after round start, I figure innocently that GFL had some sort of working system in place for spam when needed and figured if this wasn't a problem,as I spam rebuys all the time and don't lag the server, it would also be something easy to exploit for years and  would have been fixed by now. Especially on a map like mako literally a map I least expect to have abusive performance issues.

Now onto claims that I said I was telling people to crash the server. The closest thing I said to anything like that was DURING WARMUP at  59:00:  "Spam glocks guys, crash the server." I say this as the map starts in a hopefully obvious sarcastic tone (This is my first round of the day I'm juiced and loose trying to have a good time). In general I mess around spamming rebuys not with any intent to lag, but to mess around with other players. You will constantly find me messing around throwing a ton of glocks at people on causal maps not to lag but to have fun with others. I am the rebuy guy not the rebuy to lag the server guy. 

After I state this claim in warmup, Camper/Banjo does his camper thing and start jokefully accusing me of trying to crash the server and that I'm encouraging crashing the server when I clearly said this in jest and have NEVER had a history of abusing/ lagging servers intentionally. He does the joking thing several times and considering I just joined and was in a good sarcastic mood playing mako normal mode, I'm inclined to be sarcastic to all these joke claims. 

Gibbon before the elevator, states that  "im gonna spam all muh glocks in the elev" "see if it lags" ,which I didn't see since I was busy looking for gibbon trying to find a juggle buddy at the time. As elevator starts going he spams pistols lagging the server which I don't know at the time gibbon was lagging it and I say  {laughing} "Ho, this is a great time to spam pistols, you are right" {laughing more}  "This is from spamming pistols?" Which is me laughing at the chaos of it all and my lax attitude on mako and even more so on normal mode.  I mention the spam pistol rebuys because I phrase it like a funny question like "LOL I guess this does work ?" Again I'm in a happy mode just laughing at all of this taking a guess on what's happening but not sure 100 %.  

Camper then accuses me 4 times in 20 seconds in a more serious tone that I'm trying to crash the server, gibbon apologizes in chat but no one notices because gibbon, and I'm just vibe'n explaining to the server  "See I told you guys what was happening they were spamming pistol rebuys" I said "they" since I didn't know who did it at the time.  I was laughing at the chaos of the first elevator lag not denying anything  because I didn't know what gibbon did was a capital offense, I had never seen it been done in gfl csgo before and never seen a warning.  'How this is even a possibility. You can just spam rebuys on the mako elevator and it lags it that bad? It can't be that simple', is what's going on in my head.  

Camper accuses me again with "And I wonder who encouraged them to spam pistol rebuys and crash the server". When at this point I've never said the words relating to anything about rebuys or crashing outside of the first 5 seconds of the warmup round in clear jest. I reply to camper in yet another sarcastic reply "aw I wouldn't have any incentive to not play mako... I don't know what you're talking about " Several players accuse me of trying to crash the server then so when I tell ABTO "A-B-T-O I'm being sarcatsic" As both a way to set it clear that I've been joking overall and to my previous statement about acting guilty. Again at this time I'm having fun being sassy I wasn't trying to clear myself like its Among Us.  

Camper accuses me 4 more times AGAIN with me being sarcastic still thinking it obvious I didn't attempt anything.  After all this we get to elevator and I mention "I wonder if the server can lag if you spam pistols on the way up?"   Thinking in the back of my head 'There's no way mako on gfl lags from spamming rebuys it's been a thing for over half a decade.  "I'll do it a little bit. I wanna see if it happens, but I don't think it will happen going up....I'm just curious"   My goal is to see if the servers lags a little bit to see if this is a real issue, leanin on that being an anomaly . So when the elevator starts I rebuy 5 glocks and wait a few seconds, no lag so I try and work it bit by bit to around 20 pistols and at first it seems fine, but the elevator lag worked on several second delay, and just like Gibbon did the first time, I accidently did too many and the elevator lagged again for 30 seconds and the whole time I'm apologizing since I wasn't trying to just crush the server just see if this is a real issue I didn't know about. "Ah shit, I didn't think it would, it has a delay to it (x2), I didn't know that."   I never knew this was a bannable offensive for accidently setting it off once, I never knew you could spam rebuys on the elevator and crush the server since at the end of the day, I don't think like a troll to do these things intentionally.  As I said at the end "OK, I did it once (once as in the 2nd elevator) and I didn't even know it was lagging till  it was too late...... I only did it that 2nd time thinking oh it's not lagging I guess it  doesn't lag, then it lagged."  

So to recap I was a oblivious idiot this entire situation like gibbon, just trying to have a chill time being sarcastic, all while having no idea there was a offense to lag, didn't try to sink the server or tell others to sink it, I just do do my stupid rebuy crap for fun not for lag. (gibbon didn't get banned for exact same thing) While I got spam accused by camper for influencing this when at best I just explained what was likely happening to the server because Chicago Ben talks about weapons who would have guessed.  No way I tried to "encourage" and the log and vod shows it.  

Notepad with text log  : https://www.mediafire.com/file/cu5okrnswae0767/makoelevatorlog.txt/file

58:30 to 1:07:40 in the vod

Edited by ChicagoBen

So even though you knew that spamming weapon rebuys and adding more entities into the game can cause performance issues, you stated out loud for players to do it anyways?

I can understand doing it alone and I can overlook one attempt with multiple people because science.

But you told people twice that you'll be spamming rebuys, and especially on elevators that are known to cause performance issues from people just jumping.

That's at least influencing others to join you, and since they saw the effects of the spam on the way down, why would people not join for the second time?

Doesn't matter if it's said sarcastically, because there is still truth in sarcasm. There is still an intent and desire to see it happen, which is why you said it in voice chat instead of keeping it to yourself.

And even watching the vod shows Banjo isn't throwing random accusations at you. You stated at the beginning of the map for people to do this, and then you brought the subject up again on the way up. Even if you don't say "Spam rebuys", just mentioning you will do it will influence others.

Maybe keep these things to yourself next time.

13 hours ago, ChicagoBen said:

Camper/Banjo put a label on me that I was trying to crash the server and it stuck, even to the admins apparently. 

I just want to say as I told you in dms what I say didn’t matter so don’t bring my name up. Vauff also told you what I said didn’t have an impact on the situation so keep my name out of this.

52F13362-D6E0-4B20-8F4E-8DC4E541DBE6.jpeg

Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen - Edit Reason: gram
9 hours ago, Block said:

Doesn't matter if it's said sarcastically, because there is still truth in sarcasm. There is still an intent and desire to see it happen, which is why you said it in voice chat instead of keeping it to yourself.

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

That entire statement just blows my mind. You are 'putting words in my mouth' here.  A desire to see the server crash or cause major issues with lag? Do you know that a joke is? Jokes don't have to be truths get that shit outta here block. Do you even know me? This is the bullshit right here that's pissing me off.  I say things about rebuys and spam rebuys without the intent to lag all the time,  because I make spreadsheets on rebuys, not to crash a server,  everyone whos play recently knows this.

Not you apparently. I spammed rebuys on boss and at random moments all the time in the servers. Am I some evil person for doing that for fun, not trying to or actually  causing issues? 

9 hours ago, Block said:

So even though you knew that spamming weapon rebuys and adding more entities into the game can cause performance issues, you stated out loud for players to do it anyways?

Did I say in the log "Guys spam pistols in the elevator" or "Guys lets crash the server?" for real not 5 seconds into a warmup with that thing called 'a joke' you don't understand . I keep saying I didn't know the server could even have issues on spam rebuys I've done it all the time without any issues. I thought the weapon cleanup worked to clear after a set weapon limit like on spawn. I never said "do it". Get your 'putting words in my mouth' outta here. 

9 hours ago, Block said:

I can understand doing it alone and I can overlook one attempt with multiple people because science.

But you told people twice that you'll be spamming rebuys, and especially on elevators that are known to cause performance issues from people just jumping.

That's at least influencing others to join you, and since they saw the effects of the spam on the way down, why would people not join for the second time?

I thought the whole thing was just a anomaly since I never experienced lag in all my time messing with rebuys, granted I never attempted to lag the server on purpose doing it all those times before.  I stated that 

I was doing it in part because I didn't expect it to work as I said several times, and to tell others to just let me to do it alone so I could count the amount I could do before it became a factor / see if weapon clear worked after a set time I was trying to science it a fair bit, what murdered me was the lag was delayed ~5 seconds and I expected weapon clear to work in that 5 second gap. 

If you notice the vod you will see no other weapons the the ground but my ugly glock skins.

9 hours ago, Block said:

And even watching the vod shows Banjo isn't throwing random accusations at you. You stated at the beginning of the map for people to do this,

Block do you know who banjo is ? He is a troll to everyone and says anything he wants.  This goes back to my joke thing you don't know even his tone was sarcasm, let alone mine. Where in my history do you thing I would try and get a server to lag? Where in BANJOS history do you think he would be serious and 100 % factual. 

Again learn what a joke/tone is. You are reading into this skin deep.

9 hours ago, Block said:

and then you brought the subject up again on the way up. Even if you don't say "Spam rebuys", just mentioning you will do it will influence others.

Maybe keep these things to yourself next time.

Yea I said it for the "first real time" because I really doubted it would worked but I had to make sure since the cat was already out of the bag if it was. I mentioned it in shock the first time and camper wouldn't let it go so the whole server was going to attempt it by that point.  Either we learned there or next round with 40 people. Not 20 and with someone not trying to crash the server. 

Nice dig at the end real good friend I have. 

Edited by ChicagoBen
gram

Posted  Edited by Sabeypls - Edit Reason: can you give me a book report on Ready Player One

What's the objective here? What do you want on your end to happen? What are you even fighting for? A removal of a fictitious label by

3 hours ago, ChicagoBen said:

a troll to everyone and says anything he wants.

as stated by your

21 hours ago, ChicagoBen said:

TLDR I'll take the reason for lagging server just not encouraging it. Because I got labeled for this.

Would removing the part that says "and encouraging it" solve your issue? Cause that's all we can do, we can't change how a single person or a community views you and your labels.

If you're still frustrated over

the reason for lagging server

then, idk what else to tell you but as you called out Block for

reading... skin deep.

should be advice for you to move on from a 3 hour ban that expired days ago. Cause no one cares about you and your labels as you're just another player in the server apart of a gaming community that's not even a percentage of League of Legends or other big titles pull. No one is going to cancel you or

[Banjo] is a troll to everyone and says anything he wants.

and you shouldn't care about me or

a troll to everyone and says anything he wants.

this much that you're willing to post a paragraph response after every quote or to even as go as far as typing a high school essay over

I got labeled for [intentionally lagging the server].

Relax and re-evaluate. It's just a game, your life isn't on the line over ZE nor are you apart of TSM's non existent ZE division therefore not getting paid to play. You're acting like Best Korea nuked South Korea when it's just 18 naked cowboys at Ram Ranch.

Also, I'm ready for another essay writing, please disagree with everything and continue as is.

Edited by Sabeypls
can you give me a book report on Ready Player One

Posted  Edited by Vauff

The simple fact here is that you knew there was a very real possibility that spam buying weapons could lead to server lag/crashes, you sent a message to me indicating as such literally days before this happened.

image.png.a64330b0140d063e1ee339d19bf47ec3.png

Despite being aware of this, you went and declared as a joke to 63 other players "Spam glocks guys, crash the server now". Unsurprisingly, someone decided to take you up on this offer the next round and did this. And for some reason I still can't understand, you then did it yourself on the elevator back up that same round, reasoning that it would somehow be different than the elevator going down? At this point you had the cat fully out of the bag, which resulted in multiple people abusing this in following rounds, resulting in 5 other bans that same night.

Do you think you had no role in encouraging people to do this? I seriously don't give a fuck what camper said, and trying to pin this all on him is doing you no good. You were banned for your actions and the consequences of them.

You've probably spent more time on this appeal than you spent as actually banned (you weren't even banned anymore when you submitted this!). I seriously suggest you move on and stop wasting not only your own own time/effort, but also all of ours over a long expired 3 hour ban.

Edited by Vauff