Royal

GFL Smash Bros Ultimate Tournament

Posted  Edited by Royal.

SMASH.png

Hey everyone! I’m very excited to announce that we will be hosting a Super Smash Bros Ultimate singles bracket on the 2nd of April at 7pm EST! There is no entry fee, meaning anyone is able to join! 

Prizes: 1st Place: 15$, 2nd Place:10$, 3rd Place: 5$ (PayPal or Steam Gift Cards, you choose!)

smash1st.png?width=400&height=100smash2nd.png?width=400&height=100smash3rd.png?width=400&height=100smash4th.png?width=400&height=100

How to join:

Comment the name you'd like to be entered as and your discord below. 

Example: 

Wahoo! Please enter me as "Royal". Discord: Speb#0001. See ya there!

You will need a Nintendo Switch, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and a membership to Nintendo online subscription in order to join. We will be conducting the matches using Arenas.

You must also be Member+ to participate.

Starter Stages:

- Battlefield

- Final Destination

- Pokémon Stadium 2

- Smashville

- Town & City

Counterpick Stages:

- Kalos Pokémon League

- Yoshi's Story

Stage Selection Clauses

- Winner of the previous game will ban 2 stages

- Players are allowed to counterpick to a stage that they previously won on

Rules:

The bracket will be double elimination, and have a standard tournament ruleset. It will also be best of 3 up until the semi-finals. Semi-finals and higher will be best of 5. 

1. Ruleset: 3 Stock

2. Time Limit: 8 minutes

3. All items are turned off.

4. Stage Hazard Toggle: Off

5. Final Smash Meter: Off

6. Mii Fighters and their respective custom moves are allowed. If they do use custom moves, it will be shown in their name with what number move it is.

7. Similar to previous Smash titles, if time runs out, the winner is first determined by how many stocks remain, and then by the percentage after time is up. If the percentage is tied, there will be a 1 stock tiebreaker. 

8. Event coordinators have the final say.

If you have any questions, you can message me @Royal. or on discord. (Speb#0001)

Join the Main Discord: https://discord.gg/by2pkXQwjM

Edited by Royal.

Achievements

17 hours ago, CSS ZE Secretary said:

I mean I have discord but like I am perm banned from all gfl discords no chance of appeal besides the ze discords

I'm sorry, unfortunately I won't be able to allow banned people to join the tournament. I'm gonna do some arenas for fun in the near future, you're more than welcome to join those if you're down

Achievements

6 hours ago, Royal. said:

I'm sorry, unfortunately I won't be able to allow banned people to join the tournament. I'm gonna do some arenas for fun in the near future, you're more than welcome to join those if you're down

I am banned though for false reasoning it is a ban that is unjust and you can go ask why I am not unbanned and the reason is "we don't like you" so I don't see how that is fair I am not banned from any servers only from discord cause benroy doesn't like me. Also according to the rules it doesn't state I need to be in the official gfl discord to play but I asked just cause so either change the rules you posted or I should be allowed to enter.

19 hours ago, CSS ZE Secretary said:

I am banned though for false reasoning it is a ban that is unjust and you can go ask why I am not unbanned and the reason is "we don't like you" so I don't see how that is fair I am not banned from any servers only from discord cause benroy doesn't like me. Also according to the rules it doesn't state I need to be in the official gfl discord to play but I asked just cause so either change the rules you posted or I should be allowed to enter.

This event is ran by myself, but I'm doing it through GFL. They are providing the prizes and helping make it happen. I'm sorry, I understand that it doesn't say you need to be in the discord but that's a separate case from being banned. I asked and I can't go around this decision, I apologize.

I'd be super down to play though, if you dm me your friend code I'd be happy to play with you sometime. 

Achievements