yaw yeet

yaw yeet's TTT Vanilla Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): aaaaaaaaa

SteamID: TheWoosh

Admin that banned you: olliemas

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): server ban; 7 days

Why should your punishment be revoked?

I killed TheBoominator after he killed an inno who was shooting at a traitor. Me and TheBoominator had had a run-in on the prior map [I killed him when he was traitor for a valid reason, he didn't like it, I wasn't slain, he killed me when I was traitor for no reason, he wasn't slain, I killed him the next round when he was traitor again, I wasn't slain for this]. I assumed that we were even, had no problem with it, and carried on. I didn't even get a chance to respond to his report; I was simply banned in the middle of the game, with no ability to defend why I killed him. If it was such a big deal that it warranted a 7 day ban, why were *ZERO* slays issued prior, and why did not a single admin say a word?

I was also accused of "targeting" TheBoominator. This is ridiculous, we had zero issues for ~5 rounds prior to the last time I killed him, which in my books was entirely warranted. At least give me a fucking chance to defend my case!

Yeah, I was disconnected right as I was asking Ollie if I could ban you myself. From my limited searching through the logs, you had RDM'd a total of 5 times in two maps. Three of those RDM's were solely against Boominator. In the specific report in which he was not slain for killing you, was the one I dealt with. You shot him first, and I had no reason to slay him. Afterwards, you took it into your own hands to revenge RDM him. And do it again. And then a third time when you RDM'd Tuna and Boominator in the same round. After you RDM'd Tuna was when I asked if I could ban you for consistent RDM and after I disconnected, you RDM'd Boominator again. I don't entirely know why you did it, or why you thought you wouldn't get banned. But at this point you should know the rules enough to know that killing the same person over and over again is considered targeting, and you know the punishment for that. You were well over the required threshold to be banned for consistent RDM, even if it wasn't targeting. Most of the time you're a good dude, and fun to play with, so I'd like to vouch for you here, in that this is the first disciplinary action taken against you.

2-Danni-Transparent.png.6b1e25c0d240691a3bc8cb5e75384e97.png

I killed Boominator the final time because he killed an innocent who was shooting at a traitor; I have no idea how this can be considered RDM, but okay. As far as Tuna is concerned, I heard a shotgun blast, he ran out of the room, I saw an unid’ed inside said room, and I hunted Tuna down and killed him [he ended up being a traitor and killed the guy in that room].

Also, in the instance you mentioned where I “shot him first”, there was a 20 second gap between me shooting him [in the back, on a crowded roof, where he would have no chance of seeing me do it] to when he walked up to me and gunned me down. If anything, we each RDM’ed eachother once.

I can understand where you and olliemas are coming from, but again, *just because someone reported another player for RDM doesn’t mean it was RDM*. I was never given a chance to defend myself, I was just banned on the assumption that each RDM report was truthful.

Posted  Edited by olliemas

After a discussion with other admins, the ban has been reduced to 24h (about 14h remaining: https://bans.gflclan.com/search/605fff54c767bd57b096b9c5?query=aaaaaaaaa) for trolling/toxicity/ disobeying admins, I know disagreements happen between players but try not to deliberately antagonise someone even if you believe they're being annoying. This appeal can now be closed.

Edited by olliemas