AlphaOwl

AlphaOwl's Warning Infraction Appeal on TTT Anarchy

Hello TTT Anarchy,

I would like to appeal this warning that was given to me on the 29th of March 2021, which I believe was unjustly applied to me given the circumstances that had occurred. 

The map was ttt_silenthill. I was playing Detective and the round was a few minutes in. I go into this building and pass by Operator Z1P, with another person in the building hallway. I enter a room, and hear gunshots behind me. I turn around, and see Z1P running away. I check the floor and notice an unidentified body slumped down, clearly visible and unavoidable. Z1P started shooting someone in the doorway entrance, and so knowing that he passed the unidentified body, I was quick to pull the trigger and killed him. It was coincidental that he happened to also just kill this innocent as soon as I killed him. However, because I know he passed the unidentified body with intention to ignore it, it allowed me to KOS him as a traitor. Despite these circumstances, Z1P reported me with the allegations of, "It was clearly blatant rdm", to which I replied with a justified response as to why I killed him and to be more careful when he's a traitor. Unfortunately, it did not seem like he understood the reason as to why I KOSed him, and thus kept the report. I assume that with the "understanding" that I had KOSed him off of shooting an innocent player (when the circumstances of that gunfight were unclear clearly), the warning involving RDM was applied to me. As mentioned previously, this was not the case as to why I had KOSed him.

Recreation of the aforementioned incident:

situation.thumb.jpg.de05b6f2c08dc65f48213b51238b7d8f.jpg

As a seasoned player (and admin) of both the TTT Rotation and Vanilla servers, I avoid getting into RDM engagements and from loopholing KOSes. Thus, I figured I would appeal in hopes of clearing out any misconceptions, and to see this infraction removed. 

Kind Regards,

AlphaOwl

After looking into it a little bit from both accounts, I have determined this would be what we call an Accidental RDM at the worst, and on the flip side of the coin could easily be what we define as a justifiable gameplay reason at best. I have talked to K1P who originally made the report, who has since realised and made me aware it is possibly the unidentified body you originally saw may have been bugged and unable to be identified due to a complex TTT2 role interaction. Rare, but it happens.  Additionally, regardless of the bugged body or not both of your accounts of the situation including the staff member who made the warn differ greatly and are not consistent with each other. There is a lack of decent evidence from either side, so with all of that into account I will be removing this warn. One singular warn is genuinely no big deal on Anarchy, so I see no problem with removing it. You can put your pitchforks down now.

I have made this decision without taking any of the minor brigading/overstep of jurisdiction into account, as I have treat this appeal just like I would have for any other player. I would also like to say that the actions of others do not reflect on you here AlphaOwl, so you needn't be worried. I also do not think you would encourage such a thing in the first place.

There is a reason appeals are in place, and this is exactly it. This is not a bigger reflection on the system as a whole as it is largely working as intended.

To the others, I ask that you read up on the Staff Code of Conduct. Particularly section G under the conduct category at the very top of the page. I understand that AlphaOwl is your friend and you are concerned for them, but this is not your place to step in.

Warns on Anarchy are essentially a slap on the wrist, they are not as serious as the warns you may be used to on other servers.

I only feel the need to mention this as it is not exactly the first time something like this has happened, albeit not directly in an appeal. If anybody has seriously gotten worked up over this, I would like to remind them that the appeal was only made a few hours ago and a verdict hadn't even been made. I recommend taking a break if you are already ready to jump at someone's throat for something as small as this.

I have been playing a little here and there in Vanilla myself lately whenever I have normal TTT cravings and just want to chill out. I genuinely like the Vanilla community and would appreciate it if everyone didn't hold meaningless animosity towards each other over such a small thing.

Goodnight.