Odis

Odis's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

My in-game name: In-Game-Name Unkown, Webiste says Offline Player | Steam name is Mirai

My SteamID: STEAM_0:1:215601623

Reason: Doxxing with alt accounts & use of illegal Discord addon

Admin: Shuria

Why this should be revoked:

Listen, I know this is a very steep hill to try and get appealed, I really have learned from these actions and would like a second chance on the server, I have probably disrupted some people in the past and I would like to give you guys a personal apology from me I honestly really don't know what I was thinking at the time, I mean this community is great with a lot of nice players and I shouldn't have done what I did, Discord Addons I was not sure of but I must have done something bad, I know I have a bad reputation and stand here but I am asking for a second chance here and I will insure you that this does not happen again, all Addons have been deleted (If I had any) and I am on a clean version of Discord, my alt accounts have be locked and deleted. I really and truly sorry for these actions no matter what, I must have been insane at the time thinking back on this, it has been a while since I have been banned and I have been looking all over for such an experience but it always comes back to this, Shuria, seeing that you were the person that banned me, I am very sorry and I would like to give you this apology knowing that you would have had to deal with all of this up front and I am truly sorry. Again, this is a really REALLY step hill to climb here but I am hoping you guys can accept me back or give me a chance. 

Honestly, Thank you for reading this. 

11 hours ago, Odis said:

all Addons have been deleted (If I had any)

This is a pretty suspicious thing to say. If you can say that all of your addons have been deleted, why do you seem unsure on if you had any to begin with? An alt account that was heavily suspected to be yours admitted to using a Discord addon to see all of our channels, and here you are admitting to having these alt accounts. If you didn't use an addon to see the channels, then how did you get ahold of the photograph of one of our members?

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Odis
4 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

This is a pretty suspicious thing to say. If you can say that all of your addons have been deleted, why do you seem unsure on if you had any to begin with? An alt account that was heavily suspected to be yours admitted to using a Discord addon to see all of our channels, and here you are admitting to having these alt accounts. If you didn't use an addon to see the channels, then how did you get ahold of the photograph of one of our members?

Hey Shuria! Thanks for taking the time to respond, I'm going to be honest with you, I was most likely on my main account and on an alt on google at the same time, allowing me to copy the info from account to account. I still have a faded memory on this occurrence but that is what I believe happened. Also I don't think any addons allow you to see the channel history, just the channels. Aswell as I believe it was a picture of Mask from the Naval Channels if I remember correctly? Again thanks for taking time out of your day to help me with this!

Edited by Odis

Just now, Shuruia said:

The content in question was in the #naval-high-command channel, which you normally wouldn't have access to on any of your accounts.

If I do remember correctly, it was posted publicly in one of the Naval Channels, probably Naval-General

Sorry about the inconvenience I should have included this info, sorry for the hassle.

I would like to add something, considering I was getting the info from my main account an transferring the info to the alt, would that still be considered an Illegal Discord Addon? As there was no addons in play at the time, and for the Dox, the info was posted publicly in the Naval Channels, I forget which one exactly. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I just wanted to clear that up.

Posted  Edited by Odis - Edit Reason: Wanted to add a bit more detail to this haha, Thanks for reading!
3 hours ago, Shuruia said:

The content in question was in the #naval-high-command channel, which you normally wouldn't have access to on any of your accounts.

Just wanted to addon to this real quick, after just a tiny bit of research I believe that there is virtually no way to access the channels, However you may see what they are called with the addon called BetterDiscord, I have not seen what the addon can do yet but specifically stated on their website "Displays all hidden channels that can't be accessed due to role restrictions in a new category. ***NOTE**: This is only a visual addon and won't gain you access to them" 

I know there may be more addons out there that may allow this to be bypassed but based on discords system it would most likely detect the program in use. 

BetterDiscord as well is the only directly downloadable "Cracked" version of Discord making it the easiest to get but also one of the most detectable, Digging into the Reddit just a bit more, Discord does not hide the channels API  side, only client side. Which would mean that BetterDiscord plugins have a way of bypassing it although if I did have the addon, it would be impossible for me to see any messages due to the fact that all content of such channel including messages are stored API sided, giving the user no access. This would be extremely hard to pull off with any other use of a "Cracked" version of Discord due to the fact that the Data is held on different sides meaning someone would have to go directly into the code of such to unlock those channels. 

Just wanted to tell you again, the way I gained the picture of one of the members was through my main account which I had permission to view such channel at the time, I believe the picture was posted in Navy-General or some channel like that and took the picture and had exposed it on my alt account.

3 hours ago, Shuruia said:

Again, Just wanted to add some more info to this. Yes, I did have alt accounts that I was using, and yes the alt account was mine but I was only directly limited to the channels that 327th and Naval Cadet roles could see at the time due to my main account having proper clearance to them. To add on to how I got the picture, as I said before it was posted publicly in a Naval Group channel. I do believe it was posted a month or two before my ban and the picture came up in a conversation with the Navy peeps and I found it in the channel history on my main and used it on the alt account. There was absolutely no addon in play as before I said even if there was an addon like betterdiscord and such it would be virtually impossible to view the messages, just that channel names.

Edited by Odis
Wanted to add a bit more detail to this haha, Thanks for reading!

Posted  Edited by Odis - Edit Reason: Wanted to add a bit more detail to this haha, Thanks for reading!

Just to sum this statement up real quick, there was no addon in play and even if there was... It would be virtually impossible to access locked channels as the hidden ones are hid client side. BetterDiscord has a plugin that would unmask them, HOWEVER, the content inside the channels including, messages, people who can view that channel, names, and more is hidden on the API Side of discord. Which is not possible to break unless you are some legitimate guy that knows how to get into the coding and do shit like that. At the time of the ban, I was only provided with the 327th and Naval roles and I was only able to see those Regiments/Branches channels. Hope that makes it easier for you guys to read haha, have a good day!

Just a real quick quote  "Displays all hidden channels that can't be accessed due to role restrictions in a new category. ***NOTE**: This is only a visual addon and won't gain you access to them" BetterDiscord Website

Edited by Odis
Wanted to add a bit more detail to this haha, Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

After discussion with the senior team and various circumstances surrounding your ban and appeal, we have decided to uphold it for now.

You may appeal again in one month or later as you see fit.

Thanks.