edukuki

edukuki's CSGO Zombie Escape Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): FULL INFO INFORMATICA

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:14663868

Admin that banned you: Not sure

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server Ban

Why should you be unbanned?

I have been playing on this server for many years and, honestly, I do not know the reason for the ban, I have been banned for some time, but I do not know why.

Posted  Edited by Vauff

You were banned 4 separate times for using hyperscroll/macros, as well as the warnings you would've received from admins prior to each of the bans. As the bans expired, you never changed your behaviour and kept receiving longer bans for reoffending, which eventually lead to this permanent ban.

If you're unsure what these terms mean, hyperscroll is a feature on some mice which "unlocks" your scroll wheel and lets it free spin at very high speeds with just a flick. Macros would be some program you've set up on your PC to artificially spam jump inputs. We can't figure out which one exactly you were doing from our end (though it's usually hyperscroll), but both of these are banned on the server anyways, as they give you an artificial advantage in bunny hopping.

If you understand these sorts of things are disallowed and agree to stop, I'm willing to undo the ban. But any further instances of this will result in another permanent ban, as you have already had plenty of warning to stop doing this.

Edited by Vauff

Hi
Yes, I learned to do the jump with scroll and trained to do the same, just because I see the majority doing it in zoombie mode.
Even so, I can stop doing it since it is forbidden, even though I see it being done all the time in the match.

2 hours ago, edukuki said:

Hi
Yes, I learned to do the jump with scroll and trained to do the same, just because I see the majority doing it in zoombie mode.
Even so, I can stop doing it since it is forbidden, even though I see it being done all the time in the match.

You're allowed to bind jump to mouse wheel, what's not allowed is using the hyperscroll function on a mouse while doing this.

Posted  Edited by Block

Here's an example of the difference between using scrollwheel to jump and using a hyperscroll:

Each number after the Map name represents the # of jump inputs every time you jump. Focus on those.

Normal scrollwheel:

Flagged: 0 || Perf: 40.6 || Avg: 8.3 / 311.2 || Playername<userID><SteamID> || Map: MapName || Last: 6 7 7 8 9 10 6 6 3 11 9 5 12 10 9 5 9 9 10 10 8 9 9 8 6 8 8 8 8 10

These stats are normal for someone using their scrollwheel without an assist tool. The scrollwheel is normally designed to stop after you stop scrolling. Therefore the jump input is lower (average of 8 per jump)

Hyperscroll Scrollwheel:

Flagged: 0 Perf: 13.5 Avg: 20.6 / 262.6 FULL INFO INFORMATICA<978><STEAM_1:0:14663868><> Map: ze_sunkentemple_v3_1 || Last: 14 16 24 26 13 3 20 21 22 19 21 22 22 23 27 29 26 24 19 24 19 20 17 18 2 21 24 24 25 23

As you can see, when using the assist tool on your mouse your jump inputs are significantly higher than just normal scrolling (average of 20 per jump).

Some mice come with a feature to unlock your scrollwheel to continue spinning longer. That's what is not allowed.

What Vauff is explaining is as long as you keep the scrollwheel locked while jumping, you can bhop just fine. That's what the majority of people do, but there are cases such as yours where people don't realize the assist tool is not allowed.

Edited by Block