Alexis

Hard time connecting to Anarchy TTT

Basically, after a map switch, I get stuck in a loop of, "Connection failed after 6 retries". It didn't start doing this until 2 days ago, even sometimes connecting from the menu screen doesn't work at all either. I get stuck in a loop and I'd have to reconnect.

As far as I know it's not happening anywhere else.

Please run the following command in cmd.exe and paste the output:

tracert gmttt4.gfl.gs

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Tracing route to gmttt4.gfl.gs [92.119.148.100]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1]
  2     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    13 ms    10 ms    11 ms  10.2.1.97
  5    13 ms    15 ms    15 ms  bbr01.be40.prhuc01.libertypr.net [24.171.212.101]
  6    14 ms    13 ms    14 ms  ibr02.be22.prsju01.libertypr.net [24.171.212.49]
  7    45 ms    63 ms    51 ms  69.79.102.34
  8    50 ms    47 ms    51 ms  boca-b2-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.40.210]
  9    42 ms    39 ms    38 ms  mai-b2-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.118.163]
 10    45 ms    42 ms    41 ms  ntt-ic325039-mai-b2.ip.twelve99-cust.net [213.248.81.63]
 11    48 ms    48 ms    61 ms  ae-3.r23.miamfl02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.141]
 12    47 ms    51 ms    41 ms  ae-8.a00.miamfl02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.41]
 13    54 ms    55 ms    56 ms  xe-0-0-26-2.a00.miamfl02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.207.170]
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17    87 ms   101 ms    85 ms  92.119.148.100

Trace complete.

Don't think that's indicative of a problem. Did you make any changes to your PC recently? Which anti-virus do you run?

I'll check with Roy on the networking stuff too.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Alexis

Update:

I can connect to the server but when the map switches I get stuck in the, "Server is switching levels". I still also have a hard time connecting sometimes.

Edited by Alexis

What other servers have you tried besides Rotation? How often do you play Rotation compared to Anarchy?

How often does the issue happen altogether and when it does happen, how long aren't you able to connect for?

Would you be able to get a video of the issue happening?

Posted  Edited by Alexis

I can get a video, hold on.

Basically, when the map switches, I can't join. I would have to reconnect like twice before it actually let's me start joining the server. The video below is the loop that I'm stuck in before it says I lost connection after 6 retries. On a rare occasion I would just randomly loose connection, I don't think it's my internet as my speeds are really high and during the current map I experience no internet issues. @Roy

I used to play Rotation regularly, but when I would switch the map, I would never get this issue. Or, I don't get a random disconnect after sitting AFK for hours.

Edited by Alexis

On 4/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, Alexis said:

I can get a video, hold on.

Basically, when the map switches, I can't join. I would have to reconnect like twice before it actually let's me start joining the server. The video below is the loop that I'm stuck in before it says I lost connection after 6 retries. On a rare occasion I would just randomly loose connection, I don't think it's my internet as my speeds are really high and during the current map I experience no internet issues. @Roy

I used to play Rotation regularly, but when I would switch the map, I would never get this issue. Or, I don't get a random disconnect after sitting AFK for hours.

How long are you not able to connect for and is there anything within the console that may indicate the issue here? Can you make a video of you trying to reconnect to the server while also showing the console?

I don't believe this is anything related to the Anycast network we operate. There are some filtering servers with more in-depth filters that you may be routing through, but it wouldn't remove your IP from one of the validation maps after a map change. There's an hour timeout period. Therefore, I doubt this is possible.

5 minutes ago, Roy said:

How long are you not able to connect for and is there anything within the console that may indicate the issue here? Can you make a video of you trying to reconnect to the server while also showing the console?

I don't believe this is anything related to the Anycast network we operate. There are some filtering servers with more in-depth filters that you may be routing through, but it wouldn't remove your IP from one of the validation maps after a map change. There's an hour timeout period. Therefore, I doubt this is possible.

I can get a recording of it.

Posted  Edited by Alexis
3 hours ago, Roy said:

Can you make a video of you trying to reconnect to the server while also showing the console?

I can't have the Console opened when Joining, my screen just goes Black. Even if I have it opened prior to joining the server it won't stay open.

I might just be the only one having this issue then, might just be where I live. I tried looking up information on things like why is it that when the map switches I get stuck in a loop? Or sometimes randomly freezing and then getting booted off the server for losing connection.

Additional notes:

My little brother on his laptop also has this issue when he connects to the server and it will give him the connection failed thing. He also has the issue where he gets stuck in map loop and would also just have to reconnect in order to join.

Edited by Alexis