Joshy

COVID Vaccine?

Are you getting the vaccine?

We're planning to get it.  A lot of people we talk to...  a surprisingly high number of them don't want it.  I find that shocking.  Was curious if this was just people in our group?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Got first Moderna shot March 11th, second shot April 8th. No idea why people don't want it, if you've gone to kindergarten you've already gotten Polio/DTaP/MMR/Varicella, yet I still talk to so many people who "don't trust in vaccines." I'll let you all know how the third arm is, I guess

Discord: bendy#0001 | Steam: /id/bendeey

My wife got the Pfizer one, but they wont tell me what I'm getting until I'm pretty much there taking it.  I don't like that they keep it a secret until you're there taking it because it does make the vaccine look more mysterious and suspicious, but I understand they don't want anyone holding out in order to be selective; especially because demand is still high enough.  I couldn't get the shot anywhere in my area so we'll have to drive a little bit to get it 😞

I have family members they are totally against taking it.  They think other people taking it are kind of like guinea pigs or lab rats taking a big risk to get the shot.  I feel like the risk is so low and we've taken other vaccines just like you were saying.  A little frustrating they wont take it because they want us to visit, but it's like...  we're trying to not die, get really sick, neither spread it to others.  A lot of these anitvaxers to me they seem to be the same people who thought the virus was a lie, but it's obvious to me now they were wrong.  I kind of understood that shakiness at the beginning of the pandemic that it looked like nobody I knew was catching...  came in like a tidal wave and my own grandmother nearly died over it (she was in the hospital for months and there were a lot of difficult days); an unfortunate irony is she also thought it was fake at first.  She learned the lesson the hard way, but at least she didn't lose her life over it.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Bendy
1 hour ago, Joshy said:

A lot of these anitvaxers to me they seem to be the same people who thought the virus was a lie, but it's obvious to me now they were wrong.  

Yeah couldn't have said this better, people will just keep pushing goalposts so they see what they wanna see.

Regardless, glad you got some appointments as well as to hear that your grandmother is ok. I think when I was getting my appt. they didn't say which vaccine it would be either, just that it would be between Pfizer and Moderna, which are so similar it's pretty negligible to me. Second shot knocked me on my ass though, so best of luck with it 🙂

Edited by Bendy

Discord: bendy#0001 | Steam: /id/bendeey

Posted  Edited by Edge
1 hour ago, Joshy said:

My wife got the Pfizer one, but they wont tell me what I'm getting until I'm pretty much there taking it.  I don't like that they keep it a secret until you're there taking it because it does make the vaccine look more mysterious and suspicious, but I understand they don't want anyone holding out in order to be selective; especially because demand is still high enough.

They probably do not even know which vaccine they will be administering at the time so they do not want to give you an incorrect answer. Everyone I know has been aware of what vaccine they would be receiving basically immediately.

Myself and my entire family have been vaccinated at this point with Pfizer or Moderna and have had no more than cold-like side effects and a sore arm for a few days.

Edited by Edge

Achievements

I got Pfizer earlier this week and I go in to get my second shot in about 3 weeks. Arm hurt for a couple of days and was a bit tired the next day, but nothing more.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

I've gotten Pfizer. My first dose was on March 26th and my 2nd dose was on April 14th.

I was able to do this at 16 bc a lot of people in rural NC aren't getting the vaccine and a vaccine clinic was letting anyone get the vaccine in one of the rural counties, so I took my opportunity and got my vaccine earlier.

I had a sore arm after the first vaccine, so nothing happened there. However, my second vaccine was way worse. I woke up at 4:30 AM because my arm and my whole body was in pain, plus I had a headache and was really tired, so I had to take a day off school, so that was pretty annoying.

It was worth it though and I'm happy and sad that a lot of people in rural areas aren't getting it bc I could get it faster, but it'll be harder to reach herd immunity via a vaccine by doing this.

-Brotherwolf