Anathema Device

Special Events

So as we all know, the April Fools "event" was a big hit, and we were nearly maxed for almost the whole day. I've been thinking of a few events like that that could shake up the gameplay in a special way and bring in a big crowd by virtue of how weird and different they are, or would increase player engagement.

The first idea I had is an easy one. It could be a VIP event or just an ingame point event. Basically, reward the players with the most score within a given hour with either an amount of ingame points, or a week or two of VIP. I know score is finicky and weird, but it would be a fun metagame we could play to keep players engaged and draw them for that day. Obviously VIP's and Admins would be exempt, as well as if someone has an infraction occur within that hour if we do points, or that day if we did VIP.

The second idea would take more effort, and would have to be planned quite a bit in advance. The gist of it is to make rare roles more probable. Make it a truly chaotic day with three or four special roles every round or so (on higher pops), or just something much higher than the norm. It could be a day like the server anniversary, just to celebrate and invigorate.

A few side ideas tied into the second idea is on Talk Like a Pirate Day where pirate crews have higher numbers, or on April Fools have a very jester heavy probability where we could have 3 or 4 jesters spawn, maybe even with a random role assigned to them instead of only opposite.

Agreed events would easily bring in more players. We could organize with the events team. I believe @DrakoHD is gmod related (could be mistaken if I am I apologize.)

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

2 hours ago, Akris said:

Agreed events would easily bring in more players. We could organize with the events team. I believe @DrakoHD is gmod related (could be mistaken if I am I apologize.)

I'm not just Gmod, but this is a very good idea I'll dm snowphie about it 

img

Thanks to @Auralanity for the amazing signature