KursKura

KursKura's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

FandelTales#6127

Why were you banned?: Homphobia, baiting, Racism

Why should you be unbanned?

It is I, again with the appeal after 60 whole days. I have had time to reflect upon my actions in the discord and have noted that it was beyond childish and immature at the time I did it. I understand the punishment and it was just in doing so. Personally I wish to be back into the gmod discord so i may speak with the people i made friends with. I hope you find the kindness in your heart to forgive me for my actions.

The main problem I have is the part where you state that you had time to "reflect" on your actions and have learned from them. To me, I can't seem to really believe in it. You, and many others in the Discord especially in the MC section, have had been causing issues since before I became a Discord Mod, it took you generally a bit to get banned, but the problems kept arising as time went on, getting worse and worse.

I'm really unsure on where to put my opinion on this appeal, maybe the other Mods can provide some light that might change my opinion.

Do you have anything new to add to this?

I know I told you the minimum was 60 days, but I did say this below in the other thread.  Just reminder too that your ban is permanent, which I was upfront about it there as well.

Reapplying in 60 days (or less) saying you're a changed person and with nothing to show for it isn't going to be compelling at all.

It sounds like you might not be banned from the game.  Are there any admins there that can positively speak on your behalf?  Throw us a bone.  I'm trying to figure out if there's any chance of having you on Discord with us.

Why are we being such sticklers about letting you back on?  You're already permanently banned.  Any chance of lifting the ban at all is a generosity.  We're not like paid workers making some nice salary over this while certain groups of people can't follow the rules we ask.  If you're a frustration and it's spelled out in the rules...  after a few warnings I think it's fair game to kick you off.  What went wrong on the 17th why did you go above and beyond to break the rule and how do we know you wont be a hassle again?  Can you explain maybe something happened that day that wont happen again?

Don't get your hopes on this because I'm much more radical than a lot of others: I'm personally okay with lifting your ban.  I'll have to check with the team first and the team decision will lead to the outcome.  They decide.  I gave you hints in the other thread hoping you might take to it and use it to persuade them, but it looks like we're still stuck on square one.  I don't like nor condone what you've done, but I think it's tolerable enough underneath different punishments like long-term bans, and you've given it some time that I'm okay with.  I don't think you're a changed person and I think you'll probably get banned again, but I'm personally okay with trying again- hope that you can prove us wrong.  You can have my wobbly +1 support to lift your ban, but I think we're already in fair territory if they team were to reject it; I would still consider it extreme generosity to let you back on even if you were on thin ice and were to be banned for the wind blowing in the wrong direction (hyperbole).

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Are there any admins there that can positively speak on your behalf?  Throw us a bone. 

Speaking on this i cannot say for sure if any admins could speak well on my name as of now. Not being in the discord and also staying away from gmod as playing for a year for most of the time non-stop had burnt me out big time so i am not aware of any new admins and or existing admins that are still there. I would like to say yes but it would be a lie for me to say that. So you would have to go to the staff team and talk to them personally for any of that information. 

What went wrong on the 17th why did you go above and beyond to break the rule and how do we know you wont be a hassle again?

What had went wrong was nothing. I was simply just chilling in a vc prior to the one in the gfl mc one. For me i dont find offense to much of anything if at all so me putting a swastika and anti-lgbtq flag in my status was pretty much just nothing for me. I had looked at the rules too and hadn't seen anything pertaining to what i could have or couldnt have in my status and later profile picture. I was perfectly fine with the demotion and yes people who talked with me after it can attest I wasn't mad about anything for that, more so the ban.  So for a reason to why i did it i was just messing around with my status, nothing more nothing less. As for when i put it into my profile picture again, no rules against it and so I did it.

But to clear up any confusion as to why i put those symbols, no i am not a racist, homophobe, or anti-Semitist 

Moving onto how you know I wont be a hassle again and cant. As me and any of the moderation team don't know a single thing about each other you wont be able to trust me to keep my actions in line with just words. And so you'll just have to take my word in good faith. 

Can you explain maybe something happened that day that wont happen again?

What would of happened that day in general won't happen again. As im not braindead and do have functioning braincells I know not to touch a blue flame again cause its still hot and indeed, not cold. 

But in any case whether you un-ban me or not is like you said up to you and the moderation team, in this kind of situation and what i have done i am more than aware its on shakey ground and yes i did take into consideration what you said as when getting to 60 days and appealing wouldn't be a guaranteed get out of jail free card. Nor, did i expect it to be in the slightest. All that this appeal is to look into it and pass judgement on to whether you would unban or not. 

The main problem I have is the part where you state that you had time to "reflect" on your actions and have learned from them. To me, I can't seem to really believe in it. You, and many others in the Discord especially in the MC section, have had been causing issues since before I became a Discord Mod, it took you generally a bit to get banned, but the problems kept arising as time went on, getting worse and worse.

I have lumped this answer into the one answering joshy's when asking me "If i'll be a hassle again.".

But i am curious in what "Trouble" i caused in the discord. All i'm aware of were possibly 2-3 warns about gifs and maybe one about the infamous snake picture i use as a spray on the mc server. Which one was posted with full intentions and the other posted but was the wrong picture and was promptly taken down by myself just a few seconds afterwards 

Hey Fandel,

Sorry about the delay, I wanted to leave this open for a bit more discussion on your infraction before finally making a conclusion. There are a few things of major concern with regards to your response to Joshy's questions.

9 hours ago, KursKura said:

For me i dont find offense to much of anything if at all so me putting a swastika and anti-lgbtq flag in my status was pretty much just nothing for me.

This is quite the statement, if I'm being honest. When reviewing appeals, we try to look for whatever reasons we can to give people a pass - statements like these imply that you don't have any remorse for what you did, nor do you agree that it was offensive. This also reads as a very negative sign of what could potentially happen if you were to be unbanned, as it seems like you do not care (nor are you interested in caring) about Rule 9, which isn't exactly ideal when I am trying to look for reasons to remove your infraction.

I had looked at the rules too and hadn't seen anything pertaining to what i could have or couldnt have in my status and later profile picture.

Let me point to Rule 9 very quickly for this,

• Rule 9 - Slurs, Discrimination, and Harassment:
    • Do not harass other members or engage in excessive toxicity. Do not use slurs that target groups, or engage in expressions of prejudice against individuals or groups.

I don't think anyone disagrees with me when I say this is very clear, there is nothing vague or uncertain about it. No where does it specify if a certain medium is okay or not, and it applies anywhere relevant to the platform. I can understand this excuse if the rule itself wasn't worded right or was actually vague, but it really is incredibly simple to understand.

But i am curious in what "Trouble" i caused in the discord. All i'm aware of were possibly 2-3 warns about gifs and maybe one about the infamous snake picture i use as a spray on the mc server.

Here is a quick overview of your infraction history thus far:

1. 01/2021 - Warned for Explicit Content
  2. 02/2021 - Warned for violation of Rule 9 over voice chat.
  3. 02/2021 - Kicked for refusing to change derogatory status.
  4. 02/2021 - Banned for further breaking rules, related to #3.

Ultimately, your appeal has some very negative points and shows the lack of care when talking about your actions. Because of this, I have decided I will not be unbanning you at this time. You may re-apply at a later time, but as @Joshy said, that will not have guaranteed results.

Denied.

You may submit another appeal in 60 days.

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png