flying4ssassin

The Longevity of the Server

Posted  Edited by flying4ssassin

So as we have seen, TTT MC has been pretty dead lately but this post is not about that. This post is about how we can keep people engaged with the server for longer periods of time in order to have more regulars. I am just wondering what all of you think we should do or implement in order to get people to continually play on the server (please don't say b5 24/7). Here are some ideas that came up in the staff chat:

1. we could pull a battle royale and have like 'seasons' for 2 months at a time where there are exclusive skins you get to keep forever and you can win special prizes for certain achievements during it.
    1. This one was my idea and the core of it is making it so that people are engaged for 2 months at a time in order to get special skins for player models and guns. There could also be special events during it to promote the use of different T weapons like if you get a trident kill it is worth mroe than getting a kill with the ak. At the end of the season the 3 people with the highest season score would get vip for something.
  2. A schedule could be created (in the future) for holiday events or even monthly events so people have something to look forward to
    1.  This was @NOT Karkles' idea so she can explain it below if she wants.
Edited by flying4ssassin

b_560_95_1.png

Posted  Edited by NOT Karkles

A schedule could be created (in the future) for holiday events or even monthly events so people have something to look forward to

To protect the longevity of the server, I have suggested we create a schedule in an attempt to entice new players to stay on our server and familiarize themselves with our map rotations to give themselves an upper hand in an event with VIP rewards or otherwise.
The events will create something to look forward to, hopefully creating investment in our wonderful community. 
While keeping our download minimal, we could periodically introduce themed events with newly introduced T Weapons for holidays or special dates, these items will be removed at the end of each event, but will serve as something for us to look forward to. ie: Christmas Score Events with Present Canons as an introduced weapon.

This schedule obviously is brought alongside the suggestion to have Bi-Monthly (Every two months) Events introduced as a familiar incentive to continue playing the server, these being 2 Hour Events Based on Score or Monthly/Yearly Events Based on Score

These suggestions do not come without their flaws. For a server to hold the capability to host yearly events based on a players score alone, for example; where we reward the 3 top-most ranked players in TTT MC based on their local score, the servers IP would have to be annually changed. This is an issue. 

Foremost, I have approached Staff with a discussion about the likeliness of our server to obtain a Match-Based Event System where server admins will hold the ability to randomly start a match-based event on any map. These events for example may include: Detective vs InnocentMagnum Only Round, Knife Only Round or maybe even a Low Gravity Round? This both benefits players and admins and entices both to be active and involved with their community.  

These are just ideas and suggestions spit-balled out in the open, not cement plans for this server. 

If you have any ideas, suggestions or any apposing opinions to these few ideas I have displayed today, feel free to quote me/@me here or on the Discord. 

If you have a suggestion but do not feel comfortable sharing it to the community publicly, for whatever reason, feel free to DM it to me for discussion, or I can post it on your behalf to this thread on the community forums anonymously for public opinion. 

EDIT: 

I just realised I said Detective vs Innocent instead of Detective vs Traitor round...

... Rdm round when? kek

Edited by NOT Karkles

1 hour ago, NOT Karkles said:

Foremost, I have approached Staff with a discussion about the likeliness of our server to obtain a Match-Based Event System where server admins will hold the ability to randomly start a match-based event on any map. These events for example may include: Detective vs InnocentMagnum Only Round, Knife Only Round or maybe even a Low Gravity Round? This both benefits players and admins and entices both to be active and involved with their community.  

I mean didn't people have a whole discussion on how we want to be separate from other servers lul this is basically special rounds like rot tbh

Coomi

(Insert Obligatory+Triggered "Rotation Killed Server" Comment)

Trying to help a dead server is a good thing. The fact that the server has been suffering recently sucks. However, to the Staff Members trying to take some action so as to revitalize interest in the server, you're doing a good job. If you want to be different from our other TTT Servers, then you can't do anything like have Custom Roles (Which is Anarchy's thing). It's still okay to put some Modifications in, as the server isn't Vanilla.

Here's an example similar to what Karkles was saying. Over on HNS, there's a New System where a Special Round occurs on the 4th Round (Out of 6) on every Map. Maybe the server could start having an automated event round that players can vote for every map, and it'd allow for some fun chaos to happen from time to time. As Karkles said, events such as that can entice people to join the community, while also reinventing the style of the game and giving new types of gameplay a shot.

[Signature]

Achievements