lobsterpaw

lobster's staff application (gone public)

Posted  Edited by lobsterpaw

note: this is a carbon copy of the staff application that i just submitted, but i want to have a public version as well, because i think a player's relationship with their fellow players is important to take note of, especially in the case of staff members. if you see this, please feel free to reply with your thoughts on my application, me, and how you'd feel about me being a staff member. thanks! +1

Name(s):

lobsterpaw

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:43481630

Hours played:

426.79 logged

What timezone are you in?

EST/GMT-4

Why should you be accepted as an admin?

there are 3 (three) primary reasons why i think i should be accepted for staff 

1. i have a very good understanding of the rules
  2. i am very active
  3. i enjoy moderating
  4. i am cool

i think that i'd make for a pretty effective staff member. i enjoy resolving conflicts between other players, especially when said conflicts are normally the result of a misunderstanding/miscommunication. if you couldn't tell from my hours, i enjoy playing on anarchy a lot, and i'd like to do what i can to make sure that it's safe and comfortable for players. in terms of motivation/why i'm applying, nothing has really changed since my last application- i'd simply like to be able to handle issues that come up when staff aren't available, as well as generally reduce the workload for everyone. i know that some consider me a touch assertive (fair) when there's an issue/concern that i'd like to discuss, but i see that as a positive (especially if i can bring up those concerns in staff chat, rather than general chat). lastly, i am cool and epic

Do you have access to discord?

Yes

Have you fully read the rules and understand them?

Yes

Do you have any prior experience with being an admin?

yeah i've spent years moderating ttt servers and also years moderating mc servers, so you know i like doing it

idk what else to put here to be honest, my answer is just "yes, a lot"

You see a fellow admin abusing, what do you do?

well first i'd want to make sure that i understand the context of the situation, like why the admin is doing what they're doing. if i'm confident that it's abuse, i'd go to sophie/senior staff via DM with my concerns, and just do my best to explain the situation and why i feel that the admin's actions were abusive. we all make mistakes and misunderstand things, so i'm not looking to accuse anyone of anything, but instead just inform management about what happened, and then let them figure out if it's an issue that needs to be dealt with in some way. if i think it's a serious enough offense to warrant it, i'd also potentially fill out a form under the staff abuse reporting section for gfl

If you have punishments (warns, bans, and mutes), why were you punished?

i have 3 warns and 1 mute!

other than the first warn, i can recall the situation surrounding each warn (mute as well). warning 1 was more than likely a perfectly valid warn for rdm, but i can't remember specifically, given that it was almost 2 months ago. the second warn was the result of a misunderstanding on my part, though i personally disagree with the decision to warn because of it. the third warn is one that i still consider a bit silly, and while it may have technically been valid, i have issues with it, but i won't go into detail unless prompted. finally the mute is the infraction that i object to the most, and to this day i consider to be an invalid/bad mute. again, i'll happily discuss all of these if asked, but not here!

Which admins sponsor your admin application?

Red Five
Krucial 

@Morganlefaye69

Additional Comments? Questions for admins / manager?

do u want any sauces with your order

Edited by lobsterpaw

piss

21 hours ago, hdscorpio said:

+1 free Donkie, also Krucial #1 sponsor. Really adds validity to the application.

while i know this is a joke, i do appreciate that you've been supportive! we've definitely had our disagreements, but i like that our character arc has largely been one of redemption and comradery

piss