Mangost

Fix Jihad Marker Cheese

I hate how you could be doing great as a marker but one jihad can kill you. the whole point of marker is that someone cant hurt you once you mark them, that should include jihad + other explosives. its so trash how people will just jihad into a marker, its not even a common role so when that happens its extra infuriating.

professional necromancer

Marker is infuriating in general, but Jihad's are not the only thing that bypass the damage immunity, theres a few, someone made a list once, but I know flare guns and probably slams do it too

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

7 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

Marker is infuriating in general, but Jihad's are not the only thing that bypass the damage immunity, theres a few, someone made a list once, but I know flare guns and probably slams do it too

Ik i said jihad and other explosives, you shouldn't be able to bypass the inability to damage marker when marked. its so trash

professional necromancer

17 minutes ago, TheSlayerCompany said:

yea, but.. we call people like that in Germany 31er.. 😄 What is derived from paragraph 31 (snitching)

actually when they call out the marker, if the marker has a good location that can allow them to just easily mark everyone 1 by 1, so it kinda helps them. i just hate how people can jihad/use any explosive to cheese it (because they are trash)

professional necromancer

I'd like to think that jihad helps balance out the marker especially depending on some spots where it seems almost impossible to get any shots in on a marker and even come close to the possibility of killing them at all (especially paired with the marker's body armour).

It's mostly a tendency that marked players congregate around the marker making it significantly more difficult to kill the marker using conventional means without crossfire/RDM. That doesn't help with the fact that most markers know that it's effective in close quarters and will most likely camp enclosed spaces where the paintball gun can just be sprayed in a narrow space, making your chances of being marked moderately higher, making you unable to kill them. 

In all fairness, someone willing to give up an evil role in order to take out a marker is a form of balance in itself and I don't think that such an option should be nerfed, as it seems like the final straw.

If you really think the marker has difficulties with a jihad, the marker could maybe do buffed damage against marked players (if that could ever be scripted) so the marker can kill the evil role in a more timely and cohesive manner.