Cpt.Haxray

Weekly Map Rotation Feedback #3

Game boy is a fun map but realistically bad. There’s little guns, constant rdm by pushing people off, and low gravity can get very annoying.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

so these are my opinions of each of them:

Polus: Keep, although the fog does make it challenging, its still a fairly fun map that I enjoy

deepsea: neutral, never tried this one out yet so I have no idea what its like!

Aircraft: Keep, although ive played this barely, I quiet enjoyed it

gameboy adventure: Toss, from my times ive played this everyone disliked it. People complained about the zero gravity and how much it sucked so yeah

MTT Resort: KE EEPPPPP!!! GOD I LOVE THIS MAP SO MUCH its literally fun and i honestly love the mini easter eggs and its just a fun map

FCF4553D-F2D1-463D-B121-797AE0291247.jpeg.1f3219747f88ff581eeb2afb678a6788.jpeg

Posted  Edited by MrSleeps

Fucking toss Plous. I hate it's fog and the unnecessary "tasks" that it has us do with no real coordination because it's a TTT server. Also the layout is shit all confusing as a first time playing on the map.

Edited by MrSleeps

Anime Scenery GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clonewars Roleplay {Senior Admin}

I'll offer up my opinions (and the ones i've observed) on these five maps.

Polus: To me, it feels like Lego with no basement and a fuckton more enterable buildings. Large, flat, and full of different interiors. I'm personally a fan of it; the obstacle course gives the dead something to do, and the tasks are a neat mission for innos to do when they aren't being killed by the wide variety of evils. I understand people's main frustration with it though; the T sabotage traps gaining an easy win due to inattentive innos. Especially the stabilizers. I wouldn't mind losing or keeping this map.

Deepsea: I can't offer a nuanced opinion on this map as I haven't played it enough to get a read on it, but the main complaints i've heard from others is that it is both simultaneously too big to play with small populations and too small to feasibly play with large populations. Long rounds and crowds of people getting stuck in the small corridors abound. Just based on player opinion alone, I say it's should be removed

Aircraft: Personally, this is one I want to see kept. I believe it's a good mix of interior and exterior space. The large outdoor area makes weapons like the Newton incredibly viable, and the interior area keeps a place to get hidden, secret kills as an evil. The helicopter is a fun lagmess for people to mess around on, but I understand other people's hatreds of moving vehicles on maps with how it can cause extreme lag. Player opinion seems to be divided, mostly over how the map can make people lag and general dislike of the layout. The 2nd least RTVed.

Gameboy Adventure: The most universally hated among the maps in the rotation. The lower gravity ticks many players off immediately, and the various deathfalls plus the open edges lead to many unintentional deaths immediately. While a fun concept for a map, all of these factors lead into an experience agreed upon by most of the playerbase to be bad. It should be removed. Also, the most RTVed.

MTTResort: The Least RTVed. This map was only recently added back, and I forgot how much I missed it. The colors are good, the layout with the mix of open and tight interiors, and the varying amount of T-traps. While I can admit the map has certain issues, they are not enough to curb the fact that most of the playerbase like this map. Enough not to RTV it at every waking moment, like some of our regular maps on the rotation. Should be kept.

5638C2BF-743C-4A28-920A-1213BDC7A345.gif.09e57b872322e41971dd36a75c880bb7.gif

Polus: Keep??.. For as big and open it is, the fog balances it out quite nicely to a pseudo closed-quarter map. I could do without the tasks, but they're cute little distractions that I feel people take too seriously for a server that takes pride in chaos.

Deepsea: Keep. Big Clue vibes for me, and I wouldn't be against another map for low-mid playerbase.

GBAdventure: Remove. Way too big, reminiscent of David Bowie's Labyrinth. The low gravity messes players up, especially with how laggy Anarchy can get.

MTTR: Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. I don't need reasoning. It's MTTR. 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Morganlefaye69

Polus: 

Keep
I was initially very opposed to this map, as every time I got to play on it I was crashed out and it seemed like the focal point. Now I like the variety of areas to explore, things to do, I don't love the fog, but it definitely is a fun change of pace from a lot of our other maps.

Pros; Unique, Something to keep innos engaged, lots of interesting T traps (beyond just kill whoever is standing by it)

Cons; Innos sometimes ignore the actual TTT gameplay in favor of tasks, some annoying seemingly impossible to deal with tasks, wonky fog, and Among Us memes from players

Deepsea: 

Neutral

I initially strongly disliked this map as well, because of tight corridors, very sparse weapons spawns, and just some strange design choices. I have since come around it and do enjoy the atmosphere and locations. Not enough to change it to a keep for me.

Pros; Cool Atmosphere, some neat level design choices

Cons; Very tight corridors, wonky water section which leads to RDM, not many weapons, rather repetitive areas and very tight for our size.

Aircraft: 

Keep (with a caveat)

I do really like this map's design, it seems very simple, it leads to a lot of fast paced and exciting rounds, this map is one of the fastest maps on our server in terms of rounds, and I enjoy that hectic style of level design. The caveat is that this map seems to lag a TON when we have more players on. I like everything but it really seems to kill population.

Pros; Fun Design, fast paced rounds, very simple and straightforward.

Cons; the goddamn LAG, the helicopter is very glitchy

Gameboy Adventure: 

Toss 100%

I dislike this map so much that there are basically no pros, it gets RTVed round 1 7/9 times I've played on it, it is inescapably laggy, I don't think any of the neat things you can do justify the sheer size of it.

Mtt Resort: 

Keep

In direct opposition to the GBA, I really like everything about this map. A short and sweet easter egg, no excessive frills, the Undertale theme is fun. It has a good mix of open and closed spaces, even if it leans more towards closed, and the T traps are nicely spread.

I know this is a lot of the staff's favorite map, and I agree with that.

Only problem is that the elevator breaks really easily.

Edited by Morganlefaye69

Polus: IDC about this map, the fog is annoying but some people seem to enjoy it?

Deepsea: I still have hope that this is a good map, it just needs to have more spawns that is inside the main section, then again I'm the guy who still likes terrortrain.

Aircraft: Yea its good, I don't see any newton spam and the heli is something interesting to have(can't remember if vessel was removed).

Gameboy: No, people don't like lunarbase, why would this be any different.

MTT: Its added back for a reason right? Lets keep it that way.

Posted  Edited by Alexis

Polus:

Please remove this. Terrible map and being forced to do other shit ruins the overall mood. I'm honestly flabbergasted that some individuals even enjoy this map. Among us is dead. Please, let it die.

Gameboy:

Terrible. Never disliked a map more than Rooftops in my life.

All the other maps are okay.

Edited by Alexis

Polus: Toss - The rounds are sometimes too long (my opinion), and the task are confusing for like everyone..

Deepsea: Neutral - It's okay, i can't say much about it. 

Aircraft: Neutral/Keep - I think most of the player likes the map. It's small but also big because of the many stages. There are also many ways to switch between different stages. The helicopter, and the big chance to rdm people, is also a good way to entertain them.

Gameboy Adventure: Toss - I just hate it most of the time. I don't think I'll ever like a no-gravity map in TTT.

Mtt Resort: Neutral - There are many small/hidden rooms and the elevator is also a good thing, but.. i think it's too small. Most of the time people are in the middle, and sometimes the T's have to reveal themself because of that.

Posted  Edited by MirNichtLeid

Polus: Toss. not great, very confusing. too big in my opinion

Deepsea: Banish to the depths on the sea: This map is very bad. confusing tight hallways, always congested. the hallways all look the same so the map is confusing. the run to the map at the start ends in a 10 kill jihad before most can even pick up a gun. respawning rolls spawn in the air and fall to their deaths. horrible map
Edit: also for respawning roles like restless people can and will spawn camp you as you spawn in the same room every time so if gone from 5 to o lives as restless without being able to leave my spawn, Deepsea is a trash map
Edit 2: Also since everyone spawns together and a far run away from any weapons if someone gets marker they can usually win before most people can even fight back. This map is so bad ive had to come back twice to further explain how bad it is

Aircraft: eh: really impartial to this map, i dont like it but there is nothing inherently wrong with it

Gameboy Adventure: Bad: not great, very linear so no where really to go, VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY T sided map

Mtt Resort: Keep: cool map, i do like it, kinda small but i think thats fine. id like to see it stay

Edited by MirNichtLeid

MTT WHERE DO I START. I thought this map was pulled for full on sever crashing in my opinion when I first started playing the server we had a lot better maps to offer over MTT maybe we should look into adding css maps back instead

Polaris: remove map bc of fog 

Deep sea: too dark can't see s*** if a admin has a dark color text for their messages it is impossible to see anything they're saying which is honestly the biggest issue that nobody has pointed out which is kind of sad

Game Boy Adventure :has literally one of the best teacher apps I've ever seen in my life and for that reason alone that needs to be

The aircraft: undecided 

Now I would ask that you please consider adding a CSS map are not necessarily adding maps that have been four or five starred just because it doesn't have four or five stars does it mean there's not a diamond in the rough

MTT. I think this map is alright but it's a bit confined and samey - it definitely gets voted a bit too much for what it is.

Polaris: I don't like maps with ways for T's to win instantly when people are being dumb. No thanks.

Deap Sea: I like this map but the gun spawns do need to be fixed up, maybe add a couple more? Keep.

Gba: never played, sounds crap. Remove.

Aircraft: Basic and simple looking but usually quite fun, helicopter sucks but just as much as the floating platform in rooftops or the boat in roy the ship. Keep.

Keep mtt

No strong opinion on polus

Dont recognize deepsea by name

Gba in the state it is right now, remove, but I feel like it could be changed to be great.

Keep aircraft.

2Q-1.png

Aircraft is a great map, have not had 1 boring match on aircraft. The only complaint is that the helicopter can get very laggy. Would KEEP with (very) minor patches. 

MTT Resort is fine, It's a very small map that feels like a large one, and can be fun in certain circumstances. However, everything is played around mid which can make things very stale and repetative. NEUTRAL, LEANING TO TOSS.

Deep Sea is fine for some, however, it has many tight, long corridors, which can make gameplay confusing. Cool map idea though, wish it was executed with a better layout. TOSS.

Polus is a bad map in almost every way. Tasks are confusing, atmosphere is poor, and map design is confusing. Gets RTVed everytime. This is TTT Anarchy, not Amogus. TOSS. PLEASE.

NO COMMENT on Gameboy

b_560_95_1.png