Vanya

Event #228 -- Monkey Problems

Posted  Edited by Vanya

Event Overview:

Hello everyone! This event was selected from our Nomination Megathread, which you can check (and nominate your own ideas) here! -- If you'd like to see your nominations appear in these threads make sure to drop your ideas in the thread linked above!

For this week, as suggested by Slipstream we'll be taking a look at a somewhat unusual set of maps for GFL. While we're familiar with the concept of Poncher Monkey and we've visited it quite a few times we haven't really visited the other maps quite much. NY Marathon is a somewhat old map so we shouldn't struggle too much with it, Jungle Escape however is a map that I don't think we're very familiar with, so it's very possible we struggle with it, depending on how difficult it is (if).

For this event we'll be playing:

Server IP:

• 92.119.148.14:27015
  • steam://connect/92.119.148.14:27015

Time for the event:

• Saturday May 8th @ 4:00PM CDT.
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
PLEASE REFER TO THE TIME LISTED IN THE STEAM GROUP AS THE ABSOLUTE TIME AT WHICH THE EVENT STARTS!
Notice:

Special Kickers:

• NY Marathon will be played with pistols only and fail nades enabled. If map is beaten through the helicopter ending then it won't be counted and we'll retry until we win with a different ending.

VIP Rewards:

• This'll be a long event, so we'll be rewarding winners of any two maps with one week of big V.I.P.
    • Winners of all maps will be rewarded with two weeks of big V.I.P.
Rules:
  • This event will be of chill but also tryhard nature, micspamming / off-topic is allowed so long as it's not overshadowing / overly spammy.
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual.
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
  • Each map will be played for about 120 minutes. Any extra extends can be done through votes.
Leaders:
  • Any willing one.
See you on the weekend, and good luck!
Edited by Vanya