Unaverage Joe

Create guidelines for dealing with delaying

I'm Serious.

GB is the only person who does slays for delaying and it is painful for other admins to just. do. nothing.

or even worse telling people to rtv.

Who the hell wants to wait 5 overtime minutes because 2 evils can't or doesn't know how to buy a radar? Even worse is if last 2 standing is NON MEMBERS.

Please do something, and put it MOTD.

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson
  1. Attempting to disrupt gameplay for others by camping, delaying, karma baiting, as well as anything else that is conceivably disruptive will result in a slay or a warn. Multiple violations may result in more severe punishments.

Technically is already in the motd
And, from what I remember, admins are told to give people a soft warning in chat (through psay, tsay, whatever) when they are delaying, and if said person continues to delay, they are to slay/warn.
But admins not slaying for delaying was definitely a problem when I payed attention, even I was guilty of it a few times, though usually people started doing things right after I gave the chat warning so I sorta understand the hesitation with this, but its definitely too much

Edited by BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

15 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

And, from what I remember, admins are told to give people a soft warning in chat (through psay, tsay, whatever) when they are delaying, and if said person continues to delay, they are to slay/warn.

Problem is: people check for camping rather than delaying. They are mostly the same thing but no one checks for the latter.

If they see someone camping say idk detect room then of course everyone will notice and the admins will be saying something.

But the problem is no one bats an eye for an round that's been going on for 8 minutes because someone is being too much of a coward to do anything.

I think clearer guidelines for delaying could be helpful, but I do think that a lot of "delaying" is just people playing poorly, and as frustrating as it is, I don't think we should start meta-punishing people for playing poorly (like not buying a radar).

On the other hand, I have been trying to be more watchful of people choosing to do nothing when they could be doing anything, which is the first step to mending this problem in my opinion.

9 hours ago, BlazingArson said:

Technically is already in the motd
But admins not slaying for delaying was definitely a problem when I payed attention, even I was guilty of it a few times, though usually people started doing things right after I gave the chat warning so I sorta understand the hesitation with this, but its definitely too much

I think we all or doing exact the same thing.

9 hours ago, Unaverage Joe said:

I'm Serious.

GB is the only person who does slays for delaying and it is painful for other admins to just. do. nothing.

or even worse telling people to rtv.

Who the hell wants to wait 5 overtime minutes because 2 evils can't or doesn't know how to buy a radar? Even worse is if last 2 standing is NON MEMBERS.

Please do something, and put it MOTD.

GB and me, we are not as patient as others, but I ve not noticed that an admin really does nothing.

However, I understand your intention, and I think I can say on behalf of all Staff-Member we'll try to react sooner and more appropriately.