dickdanglin

dickdanglin's Prophunt Mute/Ban Appeal

Your In-Game Name: dick danglin

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:65753456

Reason for punishment: Excessive Toxicity

Admin: Joeythompson81, TheThirdReaper

Why the punishment show be revoked:

My mutes and gags are all centered around Joeythompson81. Either I was gagged and muted by him directly, or by another admin for disrespecting him. After Joey lost his trial admin, he gave me a death threat. He said he was going to "Find my address" and "beat the shit out of me" and "Someone oughta put a fucking gun in your mouth". He then was banned from the server due to his own excessive toxicity. The vast majority of the gags and mutes I received were centered around Joey's tendency to apply the rules with extreme bias regarding who he did and didn't like and I was admittedly antagonizing him consistently (I believe there was one outside of this). The toxic behavior I exhibited on the server stemmed from my strong dislike of being power-tripped on. Every single one of my warnings were because of something relating to Joey. Now that Joey is removed from the server environment, I'll stop my antagonistic behavior and participate in the community peacefully. I am more than content with being allowed to play while still perma gagged and muted. I do believe that because of my warnings that stemmed from a very toxic individual (that has since been removed from the community) I would greatly appreciate a second chance at participating in the community through in-game chat functionalities.

Attached video is the best proof I have the death thread, he references the threat in the beginning of the video at around the 12 second mark. I also have a friend with a better reputation on the server who can testify that he really did threaten me.

Unfortunately Joey did have very toxic things to say to not only danglin, but another younger member that was in the GFL server at the time. After Joey's trial admin privileges were revoked, he was being prideful about no longer having a filter. Prior to Joey, danglin was not prone to excessive trolling and toxic behaviors.   

Posted  Edited by TIMEK33PER

From my personal experience while playing with you Dick. Yes there were times where joey was over the top with punishing you for dumb things, however that's not to say that you weren't punished fairly for many things though either. For example, 3 of the specific warnings you had, you were warned for disrespect. not only that but after you were gagged/ muted for disrespect you decided to go and say more disrespectful things about the staff as a whole in admin chat. So as a summery of the previous statement, even if 4 or 5 of joey punishments were nullified there are still other things that were done that were unacceptable that would still get you banned regardless of things that joey said or did. 

So Overall I will have to vote against you getting completely unbanned, however should any other admins agree, it may be a good idea to alter the ban form a permanent ban to being a temp ban for 2-4weeks and also have the permanant mute/gag also lifted so long as nothing else arises to make me decide otherwise. My reason for this is that I believe that everyone can turn over a new leaf if given the opportunity. I also believe that some of your comments towards other staff in admin chat were things that you wouldn't of said if you weren't provoked by joey first, however that's not to say that you shouldn't take responsibility for the things that you did say.

Best Regards, 

TIMEK33PER

Edited by TIMEK33PER

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Timekeeper, I do agree with your assessment of everything. Should my ban be reduced to a temp, I can honestly assure you that you'll see a far more pleasurable version of me going forwards. I think a reduction to a temp ban makes far more sense than it being removed completely, leaving me without any real consequence doesn't make much sense as I did push the envelope quite a bit.  

Posted  Edited by Frostydogs

@Muse I'm happy to help, our SM

will look at this asap

I have been informed that your ban will not be lifted due to excessive disrespect to staff in general. Though you say that you only lashed out because of joey, that is still not acceptable on the server as we don't like the toxicity. The best I can say from this is that after being gagged and warned by not only joey, time, but me as well and still making me have to restrict you from admin chat, this doesn't seem to be towards just joey.

Edited by Frostydogs

3 hours ago, Frostydogs said:

@Muse I'm happy to help, our SM

will look at this asap

I have been informed that your ban will not be lifted due to excessive disrespect to staff in general. Though you say that you only lashed out because of joey, that is still not acceptable on the server as we don't like the toxicity. The best I can say from this is that after being gagged and warned by not only joey, time, but me as well and still making me have to restrict you from admin chat, this doesn't seem to be towards just joey.

Even if all of your gags and mute came from joey, putting your name to "Joey's fat wife" and constant behavior like this made your ban, both of you were in the wrong and nobody was more mature than the other. Next time you get in those situations, if you feel anger, just contact one of the server managers directly (like you did at the end for joey) and don't fight with them!  Also being "toxic" brings a lot of trouble wether you see it or not for us... It starts chain reactions, people come in the server just to act up and scream. Keeping control of the server and keeping it a friendly environment is the priority so everyone can have fun! 

wfZ4VzoS_400x400.jpg

I've thought about this for a few days and have come to a conclusion. 

Because of how everything escalated which resulted in you being permamuted + gagged (which in turn lead to the permaban), I believe that you need more time to reflect upon your actions and behavior. You have to be responsible for your own actions. Therefore, your appeal has been DENIED.

You may appeal again in 1 year from the date of your ban, 5/10/2022

Achievements