Roy

General Inactivity For Probably A Month Or So

Hidden

Take care of yourself Roy, that comes before anything GFL related, we love ya. :furretlove:

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Hidden

Yeah, anxiety attacks are no joke. I have them frequently as well, and the worst ones make you feel as though you're about to die of a heart attack. I live alone most of the time too, so it helps for me to go outside and walk around my street a bit. If it gets especially bad, I make sure to stand close to someone's front door so I can ask for help if I need it. Having some of those little reassurances can help a lot with the worse anxiety attacks, I feel. The fact that I get occasional heart palpitations regardless of my anxiety really doesn't help, either. I know it's been affecting your lifestyle, but I hope it's not too drastic.

Shadowboxing is a great workout routine, and I'm glad to see you've acclamated to it well. I also used to incorporate it into my daily routine, but nowadays I mostly do dancing for that. Routine is important for mental health, and I hope for more people to understand this.

Good luck in your endeavours!

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

5 hours ago, Salad said:

Take care of yourself Roy, that comes before anything GFL related, we love ya. :furretlove:

Thank you 🙂 

3 hours ago, VilhjalmrF said:

See you later man! 👋

I'll still be here! Just probably not active doing general stuff in GFL. I still want to play Halo with you and @Ozkody or Killes at some point, but I just need these health issues to go away first!

1 hour ago, Shuruia said:

Yeah, anxiety attacks are no joke. I have them frequently as well, and the worst ones make you feel as though you're about to die of a heart attack. I live alone most of the time too, so it helps for me to go outside and walk around my street a bit. If it gets especially bad, I make sure to stand close to someone's front door so I can ask for help if I need it. Having some of those little reassurances can help a lot with the worse anxiety attacks, I feel. The fact that I get occasional heart palpitations regardless of my anxiety really doesn't help, either. I know it's been affecting your lifestyle, but I hope it's not too drastic.

Shadowboxing is a great workout routine, and I'm glad to see you've acclamated to it well. I also used to incorporate it into my daily routine, but nowadays I mostly do dancing for that. Routine is important for mental health, and I hope for more people to understand this.

Good luck in your endeavours!

I'm honestly beginning to think anxiety is impacting me a lot as well in this situation. After the Urgent Care visit, they mentioned it could be asthma and I was looking into that before the visit as well. Apparently many people with GERD have asthma and vice versa. So after that, the anxiety or w/e made me start thinking I was having an asthma attack and then I was like "could it be fatal? Will I die from this? Will my air ways get completely closed out of nowhere?". It honestly hasn't been a fun time and I'm having the shortness of breath/heartburn again after a very small meal, but at least I got 11000+ steps in today already which is a good sign. I also got an inhaler in case it was asthma, but don't really see much of an improvement after using it. I think another sign it's likely not asthma is I don't notice any difference with breathing when doing intense workouts.

I'm sorry to hear about the heart palpitations as well, I'd imagine that makes it a lot more scary, but I'm glad you are standing in front of somebody's door when having it. I actually wonder if I could be having heart palpitations as well after reading the symptoms. I think I may also try going out on my balcony more while having these attacks or w/e so if something were to happen, somebody will see a body just laying on the balcony which adds a little bit assurance in my opinion lol.

Shadow-boxing is great to be honest and I often combine it with walking in my apartment. I've been trying to dance a lot more as well which has boosted my mood and I feel is good exercise. I also agree about the routine and I also feel just having something to look forward to such as a road trip is great as well. With that said, I found just making small changes so life doesn't seem so stale (because that's what I was running into for a while) helps a lot with it. Like taking a different walking path you haven't taken before for example.

Also, do you have any shortness of breath with your attacks and if so, are you constantly yawning? I am constantly trying to yawn to get a deep full breath which sucks. Each one via yawning doesn't even feel satisfying though and a lot of times I need to yawn like 4 - 5 times to get a full deep breath 😞

Hidden
1 minute ago, Roy said:

I'll still be here! Just probably not active doing general stuff in GFL. I still want to play Halo with you and @Ozkody or Killes at some point, but I just need these health issues to go away first!

your health always comes first my dude

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Hidden
8 hours ago, Roy said:

If you're living alone, I know it's far easier said than done (and I'm still working on this), but try taking walks outside or go on your balcony to get sunlight if you have one (it has improved my life other than the recent health issues mentioned above). I've been cooked up in my apartment for three years now living along and I rarely would ever leave (all I'd do is program/network, work, or game/other things) and I highly believe that has contributed to my mental issues.

I relate with this a lot. I think it's huge and I'm glad you're preaching it. It's important to keep taking steps, even the tiniest efforts and pushes will contribute to the snowball effect that leads to the change that we want. I relate a lot to the mental health issues, the anxiety and depression. I truly believe the thing that's helped me the most with my stuff is Meditation, and I urge you and everyone else who reads this to give it a try because for me, it really does help a ton. 

It's good to hear that you're doing better and that you're going to take the steps you need to overcome and grow, I find it all very inspiring and I bet I'm not the only one.

Also shadow boxing is sick

Achievements

4 hours ago, DrakoHD said:

1v1 me on css again ill destroy you. nah but have a good time man take all the time you need you come first 

I BEAT YOU LAST TIME!!! Let me get back to my prime levels and I will rekt you and finally @Pyros. :lenny: 

1895529702BF4EC609DF677309E9389F4CE52225

BD1B2BEF7A30E26F479C2688D8198030FF53B230

1 hour ago, Royal said:

I relate with this a lot. I think it's huge and I'm glad you're preaching it. It's important to keep taking steps, even the tiniest efforts and pushes will contribute to the snowball effect that leads to the change that we want. I relate a lot to the mental health issues, the anxiety and depression. I truly believe the thing that's helped me the most with my stuff is Meditation, and I urge you and everyone else who reads this to give it a try because for me, it really does help a ton. 

It's good to hear that you're doing better and that you're going to take the steps you need to overcome and grow, I find it all very inspiring and I bet I'm not the only one.

Also shadow boxing is sick

I'm glad it's helping you! As for the medication, I've always been afraid to use medication, pretty much for anything really long-term due to the side effects short and long-term. What type of medication do you use specifically if you don't mind me asking so I can look up the side effects, etc?

I also agree shadow boxing is awesome!

Hidden

I feel like a lot of people share a similar experience to you.  I know I went through a small drinking phase myself and shared the same feelings at one point.   Good thing you caught it and are on track to stop or minimize it.  You're doing the right thing.  You're doing great 🙂

Spoiler

Not denying depression or that it's not an issue.  It's something I feel like I don't understand and don't think I went through that myself or didn't recognize it.  I hope you're okay.  I know it's a very serious issue and challenging to overcome.  I'm rooting for you.

Hate to keep chucking advise at you and seem like I lack compassion, but something I recommend looking into is an HSA card.  I think that'll help remove future concerns about healthcare expenses regardless of your benefits or when they kick in.  You'll never lose that money even if you quit or switch jobs although HSA can only be used on healthcare items; that money is also pulled from your paycheck tax-free similar to 401k and make your income look lower (so it'll help you with your taxes).

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden
9 hours ago, Roy said:

I'm glad it's helping you! As for the medication, I've always been afraid to use medication, pretty much for anything really long-term due to the side effects short and long-term. What type of medication do you use specifically if you don't mind me asking so I can look up the side effects, etc?

Honestly I'm not a fan of medication. I was prescribed Prozac for a year when I was 16 for MDD, but I hated it. I don't think it really helped me at all, after that I did more research on anti depressants and I've steered clear. I do have a bad marijuana issue, which makes me relate to your drinking stuff. I don't really do anything else besides that though, never really drank much in my life. Never been on any medication after that besides a rare ibuprofen or allergy pill here or there.

What I specifically wanted to share with y'all was Meditation. Like when people talk about clearing your mind, focusing on your breath for example, that's what I'm talking about. I feel like it's something that most people have tried, but don't fully understand enough to see benefits at all. There's a lot more to it and I think it's something that can help everyone. Meditation is part of Yoga, and Yoga is a whole thing in India and other parts of the world. In NA, Yoga instructors can just set up show anywhere, but in India, you need to go to school full time for years in order to become a Yoga instructor, and it doesn't have a high passing rate. I believe this stuff is what NA might need in the mental health crisis that we're facing these days. Anyway, the video does a better job explaining stuff. This is the real deal Yoga and meditation that people need to see: 

Achievements

Hidden
12 hours ago, Roy said:

I BEAT YOU LAST TIME!!! Let me get back to my prime levels and I will rekt you and finally @Pyros. :lenny: 

BC406DD91F0CD1C3ACEDDAAFC4234390C66951EC

You got knifed several times, xd

Hope you feel better soon

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

22 hours ago, Joshy said:

I feel like a lot of people share a similar experience to you.  I know I went through a small drinking phase myself and shared the same feelings at one point.   Good thing you caught it and are on track to stop or minimize it.  You're doing the right thing.  You're doing great 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

Hate to keep chucking advise at you and seem like I lack compassion, but something I recommend looking into is an HSA card.  I think that'll help remove future concerns about healthcare expenses regardless of your benefits or when they kick in.  You'll never lose that money even if you quit or switch jobs although HSA can only be used on healthcare items; that money is also pulled from your paycheck tax-free similar to 401k and make your income look lower (so it'll help you with your taxes).

Thank you 🙂 I'm happy I caught onto it early as well. I know some people who went with heavy drinking problems (worse than me) for over 10 - 20 years. I'm glad I caught onto it before a year.

17 hours ago, Royal said:

Honestly I'm not a fan of medication. I was prescribed Prozac for a year when I was 16 for MDD, but I hated it. I don't think it really helped me at all, after that I did more research on anti depressants and I've steered clear. I do have a bad marijuana issue, which makes me relate to your drinking stuff. I don't really do anything else besides that though, never really drank much in my life. Never been on any medication after that besides a rare ibuprofen or allergy pill here or there.

What I specifically wanted to share with y'all was Meditation. Like when people talk about clearing your mind, focusing on your breath for example, that's what I'm talking about. I feel like it's something that most people have tried, but don't fully understand enough to see benefits at all. There's a lot more to it and I think it's something that can help everyone. Meditation is part of Yoga, and Yoga is a whole thing in India and other parts of the world. In NA, Yoga instructors can just set up show anywhere, but in India, you need to go to school full time for years in order to become a Yoga instructor, and it doesn't have a high passing rate. I believe this stuff is what NA might need in the mental health crisis that we're facing these days. Anyway, the video does a better job explaining stuff. This is the real deal Yoga and meditation that people need to see: 

I used to vape CBD + THC for a little over year, but I stopped that 7 - 8 months ago. I won't lie, it did help with sleeping during that time, but I really didn't like vaping/smoking it due to long-term issues with lungs, etc. So I decided recently to try CBD + Delta-8 THC oil (which is legal in Texas by the way) to see if it would help with my sleep. Let's just say it it put me through the worst panic/anxiety attack of my life for 36 hours straight (to the point I didn't remember who I was, what I did, what my name was, and I was constantly sweating, shaking, and I felt my heart was beating super super fast). It sucks because it used to help me a lot back a year ago, but the anxiety has been so bad from it that I just can't do it anymore. That last attack was literally a life changing experience in a bad way and I do think the anxiety I got from that still lingers, but I'm getting better. I stopped doing it a couple months ago and won't be doing it again probably because I feel it's better to adjust my life style to help sleep, etc.

As for the medication, yeah, me too, especially after reading more and more side effects which is probably my fault lol.

I'm definitely going to check out those meditation/yogo videos as well, thank you! Perhaps they'll help with relaxing me and allowing me to finally sleep. Speaking of which, I was able to sleep okay today for the first time in four days lol. Good timing because I am in gear right now at work.

14 hours ago, Pyros said:

BC406DD91F0CD1C3ACEDDAAFC4234390C66951EC

You got knifed several times, xd

Hope you feel better soon

Thank you! And man, I completely forgot about that CS 1.6 server. When was that, 2017? Time fliesssssss

Hidden
10 hours ago, Roy said:

When was that, 2017? Time fliesssssss

12/jul/2017, at least according to steam. Im very happy to say that from there to today I would still win against you in cs, and also knife you at least once xD

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

On 5/20/2021 at 8:03 AM, Pyros said:

12/jul/2017, at least according to steam. Im very happy to say that from there to today I would still win against you in cs, and also knife you at least once xD

Maybeeeeeeee

On 5/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, Ozkody or Killes said:

Damn Roy make sure to stay well and healthy 

Doing my best from now on 🙂 

Hidden

Anxiety and depression is no joke. Even though I've only joined the community recently, I hope you do well and have your outlets to reach out to in case things get bad. Take care

𝒞𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 1:44 AM, myAyyLMAOgame said:

Anxiety and depression is no joke. Even though I've only joined the community recently, I hope you do well and have your outlets to reach out to in case things get bad. Take care

Thank you 🙂