Dueler

Change the Haunted Icon

Posted  Edited by Dual Es - Edit Reason: Discord Tag

OPINION: The new Haunted Icon does not look the best, and it should be changed as soon as possible.

The new Haunted icon, in my opinion, looks like it is a low quality image copied off of Google Images, which gives the role an unprofessional and out-of-place look.

(I decided to whip up a concept using Photopea using a free image, scaling it to make it follow the recommended TTT2 icon parameters. If you want to use it, or want me to edit it, feel free to do so or ask. I can send the .vtf or .psd on Discord.)

Haunted_Redesign.png

EDIT: My Discord Tag is Dual Es'#8526

Edited by Dual Es
Discord Tag

b_560_95_1.png

The current haunted icon is just an edit of the ghost icon, just like the role itself.

The icon itself looks nice when use standalone on our server, but if the role gets publicly released other users will confuse the role with the ghost role if combined.  The edit (and current icon) gives it a threatening look to make it distinguishable that it is an evil role.

2 minutes ago, Unaverage Joe said:

The current haunted icon is just an edit of the ghost icon, just like the role itself.

The icon itself looks nice when use standalone on our server, but if the role gets publicly released other users will confuse the role with the ghost role if combined.  The edit (and current icon) gives it a threatening look to make it distinguishable that it is an evil role.

Just for clarification, I was referring to the GFL Anarchy server. Should've probably stated that in the original post. 😕

b_560_95_1.png

6 minutes ago, Dual Es said:

Just for clarification, I was referring to the GFL Anarchy server. Should've probably stated that in the original post. 😕

don't need to clarify, seeing as this this is in the anarchy section of the forums, and out of all of our ttt servers anarchy is the only one that uses the extra roles lol

Also that gost reminds me of pacman lul, its nice

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

2 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

I would just like to bring up the current haunted icon is not an edit of another icon, but was made via request by the art team. 

OK, thank you for the information. I did not know that was the case.

b_560_95_1.png

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

It would help if you put your discord name anywhere in this thread you know.

OK, I added it to the original post. Just assumed that you guys had access to it, as I know the tag is in another thread. I put it on my profile, for future reference.

b_560_95_1.png

On 5/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, Tay K said:

dis seems so useless ngl, and the current icon vaild

Not necissarily, For many, myself included, the professional aesthetic of GFL servers, especially Anarchy, is what drives people to play on them.

b_560_95_1.png