Starved Racoons

Starved Racoons's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

My in-game name: 501st SGT 4837 Grug

My SteamID: 397448295

Reason: Fail RP / NITRP

Admin: Luciel

Why this should be revoked:

On 5/31 I was made aware through an informal discord ping that I was banned for one week for the reasons of Fail RP and NITRP. I agree that I was practicing Fail Roleplay, however I disagree that I was guilty of NITRP. Furthermore, I believe that one week for a first time offense of these victimless breaches of the rules is extreme. First of all, I am unsure as to what GFL's definition of NITRP is, due to the fact that I must have access to the server to read said rules. For the purposes of this appeal, I will define NITRP as "The player had no intention to partake in Role Play." During my entire time on the GFL server, I have roleplayed as Grug. Grug has participated in countless events, promotions, minis, and even acted as a republic Senator for an event. I have always had the intent of participating in Semi-Serious roleplay with my fellow troopers. During the first time that I was arrested, I was roleplaying in an informal scenario with peers, and the second time I was attempting to partake in an simulation. I believe that my attempts to partake in the simulation demonstrates that I was there for the purpose of contributing to Roleplay, which should clear me of NITRP. I had full intent to partake in roleplay, Grug just wanted to keep his helmet off. I find it disturbing that an offense that has no victim can take away someone's ability to roleplay on GFL for a full week. -OOC Grug

Posted  Edited by MrSleeps

FailRP with NITRP is more of an umbrella term, especially for repeat RP offenders such as yourself. In the case of you and with the evidence gathered and the complaints that have stacked rather high, you did indeed commit FailRP while NITRP. If we want to go your route and logic, clones do not get arrested over and over while abusing what parts of their armor can wear. They’re soldiers. Furthermore, what you do in the past does not matter, once you start breaking the rules and making the playing space for everyone around you not so great, we staff have to take action. In this case and many others, you did not intend to roleplay one bit. If you did, you wouldn’t have been getting arrested several times over or have several complaints raised about you. While I do admire your ability to stay in character, you can’t be breaking the rules or making the playing space around you unpleasant just in the name of it “being in character”.

Edited by MrSleeps

Anime Scenery GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clonewars Roleplay {Senior Admin}

32 minutes ago, MrSleeps said:

FailRP with NITRP is more of an umbrella term, especially for repeat RP offenders such as yourself. In the case of you and with the evidence gathered and the complaints that have stacked rather high, you did indeed commit FailRP while NITRP. If we want to go your route and logic, clones do not get arrested over and over while abusing what parts of their armor can wear. They’re soldiers. Furthermore, what you do in the past does not matter, once you start breaking the rules and making the playing space for everyone around you not so great, we staff have to take action. In this case and many others, you did not intend to roleplay one bit. If you did, you wouldn’t have been getting arrested several times over or have several complaints raised about you. While I do admire your ability to stay in character, you can’t be breaking the rules or making the playing space around you unpleasant just in the name of it “being in character”.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I will wait the week and when I return I will ensure that my roleplay is rule abiding and does not hinder on other's experiences on the server.

• 2 weeks later...