Aaron Thornton

SteamID:

Aaron Thornton

Punished by:

Lord of burgers

Reason for the punishment:

Rdm

Why should your punishment be revoked?

Ok so it was an accident it was 3 am we were all in agreement we were just goofing around the mod at the time Hank had rdm a few people and even admitted to it when burgers asked and Im the one that ended up getting banned for a single accidental rdm  I didn't mean to kill the guy just tossed a random discombob and he happened to die I only did this because we all said we were ok with just goofing off he didn't know this because he had just joined he then reported and called the mod I typically follow the rules religiously and if I rdm it's a mistake which I always apologize for I was just under the impression everyone knew what was happening and wasn't super careful when I tossed it out of my inventory literally just threw in a random direction because I didn't want it  I had a previous warn because someone didn't believe me and that's why I got banned 

You weren't banned for one single RDM. You can look at your infractions list at https://bans.gflclan.com/search?query=76561199159143584. In case you aren't aware, the ban system on this server works like this: if you get three warns in a week, you get banned for an amount of time that increases with each ban. You already had two warns from the seventh and eighth of July, so the RDM warn on the 10th was your third warn for the week, causing the ban. Also, since it was your second warn limit ban, you were banned for a day instead of six hours.

As for Hank, I don't remember him admitting to RDMing people at all. Even so, I'm not gonna punish him for any RDM that he wasn't reported for (unless it was like, mass RDM, but it wasn't). Maybe other admins do it differently, but I see it as someone forgiving RDM by not making a report in the first place.

You also say that you didn't mean to kill the person (by the way, it was Gwen, and she uses she/her pronouns) when, in your report, you said something like "I think about it". Admittedly, I still don't know for-sure what this means, but to me it seems like you consciously threw the discombob, killing her in the process.

The whole "we were OK with just goofing off" response doesn't work all the time. Sure, sometimes you'll play with a group where you can have fun and RDM people and nobody will report each other. But you're still held accountable if you RDM people that want to actually play the game instead of just goofing off. People will sometimes join wanting to have some TTT anarchy fun that isn't just a free-for-all RDM deathmatch.

I also don't think the ban should be appealed because it was valid in my eyes and it's expiring in less than seven hours.

Posted  Edited by Aaron Thornton

I didn't miss gender on purpose I honestly just couldn't remember who it was and she didn't speak in game chat I meant no disrespect I said I'll think about it because she told me to stop throwing discombobs altogether if I'm inno which isn't even kosable I killed her by accident but I'm not gonna completely change the way I play just because she died like I said I don't rdm on purpose the other times I've rdmd were either it wasn't rdm and they decided to be petty and not forgive me or it was an accident which I apologize for generally and they still decided not to forgive me which is fine if I run in and see a fight thinking I know who started it  and just jump in which is usually the case that's my bad but I'm not just out here breaking the rules on a server I play on all the time for no reason I have no desire to get banned because I play often and usually exclusively on this server either way if you want to make me wait it's fine I was just hoping to play after a long day at work but I'll just get on tomorrow

Edited by Aaron Thornton

Yeah, I don't think you misgendered on purpose either. Just wanted to point that out. Bans like this happen all the time, you just gotta be more careful. Also, you aren't allowed to throw discombulators as an innocent at an area that can lead to people falling off. Gwen was perfectly justified in reporting (or KOSing) you for that reason. However, if you're in an enclosed space or something, feel free to throw as many as you want.