Roy

My Departure + New Leadership In GFL

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Aren't you suppose to purposely get yourself banned in order to leave GFL?  That's how everyone else does it, right? 😛 jk of course.  Do you still plan on visiting the forums/Discord frequently or are you trying to stay mostly out of the picture all together?

Welp.  Thanks for creating this great community.  Lots of ups and downs as with any place, and I know I complain a lot, but I'm still here because overall it has ben a good experience and the community attracts a lot of hidden gems.  I hope your current situation isn't stressing you out too much and I expect you're off to great adventures.  Hearing about your move from one state to another was fun, and I enjoy that you have a very technical background.  I have a lot of confidence in Aurora and have no concerns about the future here.  She is without a doubt an excellent choice.

1 hour ago, Duck. said:

Give this man some special role

They got a badge for that 😉 

Boopity Boop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Boop

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm sadly not surprised, we've talked about this many times over the years though I am sad it finally happened. Thanks for everything you did for the community, Roy.

As for Aurora, she's done amazing over the years and I'm excited to see the direction she will take the community. Congratulations!

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by nick027nd

Hey Roy, literally just decided to try logging back into my account randomly a few mins ago, and then found this. I know it's been a while, and I haven't been around in a few years, but I'm glad to see this place still standing in my absence. I appreciate all the opportunities you gave me many years ago, and am grateful for the friends we've made along the way, even if we may not be in contact much anymore. Thanks again for everything, and I wish you all the best!

-Nick

Edited by nick027nd

76561198028549341.pngAddFriend.png

Something interesting is supposed to go here.

While I wasn't here in the early days of the community when you were much more heavily involved, doubting your impact would be like denying that an ex-partner broke up with you. I'm also sure that I also speak for others when it comes to not knowing a lot about you, but... Thank you. For the dedication you put in this community for years upon years, all of us thank you. 

Personally, I'd love to be in VC sometime again maybe hearing about some development I don't understand in the slightest, hearing some old GFL history back in the "olden" days, or even just playing/watching something simple. There's no reason to say goodbye, as I'm sure that you'll still be with us. Instead, there's only one thing that I can say.

See you later.

[Signature]

Achievements

o7 sir, you speaking to me about the network and your incredibly ambitious plans for it along the way have been a giant source of inspiration. I have learned a lot from you as I progressed in GFL, and I am extremely grateful for it all. 💖

I better see you on Minecraft, or else!!!!!!

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Good luck. You will be missed :c

╔                               ╗

Scott

I join GFL in 2017 (or 2018). By the bad English, i learn how to play (CS GO ZE) slowly. I dont know you in real life, and you too. The only thing i know, you are diretor, the conscientious director. You always help new member, reply their questions as soon as possible, including me. Thank you Roy. Wish you luck and success in life. I believe many other members think the same.

Bye @Roy you will be missed but thank you for making this community ❤️

@Aurora congrats you deserve it 🙂

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8ABaC0L0NwQJkogltJ42-_ddM_f5mGdeZjen6pAd4GiSeR5WlGeqxVbmepU0mtjMHZJqymcvtwrQhs6vHqMPjrYXOES3hCWsRIjR-UjQ-r8RO-5qvj_gJCIu.t46Loz1YH4dqwtzyP7UxuKymbe4Capture.PNG.4c9bc5dbf21f8a1679c5bd711f1f064e.PNG

Former Manager On Hide and Seek

Former Admin  on prop hunt

Former trail admin on breach 

On 7/14/2021 at 2:39 AM, nick027nd said:

Hey Roy, literally just decided to try logging back into my account randomly a few mins ago, and then found this. I know it's been a while, and I haven't been around in a few years, but I'm glad to see this place still standing in my absence. I appreciate all the opportunities you gave me many years ago, and am grateful for the friends we've made along the way, even if we may not be in contact much anymore. Thanks again for everything, and I wish you all the best!

-Nick

Well, talk about coincidences

Good luck, @Roy it's been a while for sure, I wish you all the best in the future and good health! Physical and mental. Hope to catch up with you anytime!

I haven't been in GFL long but gosh everyone here is amazing its the first place I have made real friends. It is the only place in 21 years I have found to actually accept and respect me for who I am, my sexuality, gender identity, mental health and neurodivergency. Everything. You have made an amazing community and I wish I came here when I was younger, and I really really really wish I could have met you and got to say hey and hang out!. I wish you all the best I truly do ❤️

Kumiko! ごきげんよう (=^・ω・^=)

Lilyyyy.png.a4d76f48c3d22c003afdcd675da357ba.png

Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

All good things must come to an end. 
@Roy thank you for everything you've done and the community you built. 
I am am incredibly happy to have been able to share it with you and so many others. You can say you did something that very few people have ever done. Words cannot express the true gratitude we have. 

@Aurora I am happy to know that the keys to the kingdom have been passed on to you. I wouldn't want it to go to anyone else. Roy sang your praises in his resignation and you should be proud of the work you've done and the rapport clear built with him that he would think so highly of you. I know GFL is in good hands.

And with that - the last true hero falls.
We will miss you, Roy. - 2020 / 2021 has been one heck of a year for resignations. 
Long live the king. 👑

Squiddly Yours
🦑 

Edited by SkydivingSquid

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.17.25 PM.png