Aurora is smelly

CSS ZE Secretary's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Camper#3888

Why were you banned?: N word

Why should you be unbanned?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/512551721952608266/756941408945963178/unbanme.mp4

Hi!

I personally do not support lifting your ban at this time.  The reason is because you have warnings on the forums as recent as January and you were on the edge of being completely banned.  I feel like content moderation and preserving your ban on Discord has saved you or bought you some time.

What you should be doing instead is if you get banned in one area say for instance on Discord, then you should have good behaviour in other areas as kind of a proof of concept that you will follow the rules.  I personally do not like permanent bans and recommend in lieu of it a 1 year ban, which would be January next year for you.  I don't want to paint a rosy picture of my recommendation: I'm probably the most lenient person on the team, and for the last persons their ban appeal was not approved.  It's a team decision.  Help us out by being good.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

23 hours ago, Joshy said:

Hi!

I personally do not support lifting your ban at this time.  The reason is because you have warnings on the forums as recent as January and you were on the edge of being completely banned.  I feel like content moderation and preserving your ban on Discord has saved you or bought you some time.

What you should be doing instead is if you get banned in one area say for instance on Discord, then you should have good behaviour in other areas as kind of a proof of concept that you will follow the rules.  I personally do not like permanent bans and recommend in lieu of it a 1 year ban, which would be January next year for you.  I don't want to paint a rosy picture of my recommendation: I'm probably the most lenient person on the team, and for the last persons their ban appeal was not approved.  It's a team decision.  Help us out by being good.

January to July is a 6th month span???????

5 hours ago, CSS ZE Secretary said:

January to July is a 6th month span???????

It’s a short amount of time in comparison to a permanent ban, which seems to be your case.

My very lenient 1 year rule of thumb, by the way, hasn’t been offered to others when I’ve suggested it.  You don’t even meet the requirements of my own lenient suggestion, and so I do not think your ban will be lifted.  When that time comes I will gladly support lifting, but I alone am not the only person on the team.  Given your history I think it’ll be very difficult to get everyone on board with lifting your ban.  I am just giving my take on it although this can remain open if others have anything to say.

7 hours ago, Joshy said:

It’s a short amount of time in comparison to a permanent ban, which seems to be your case.

You see I don't think you truly understand this situation. If you look at my history on discord this ban was my first ban this was my first time being banned from discord. Benroy then has lied in my ban appeals making up stuff as to why my ban appeal was denied. Tried to say I was being toxic on the ze discord when he asked the manager and he said no just ignored me. This is more just a ban because I am hated by directors not an actual ban.

Posted  Edited by Joshy

He lied?

What are these?

7v29xjr.png

Your dishonesty is not helpful.

I personally browsed through your Discord activity.  It didn't look too good.  I saw 9 pings to a bunch of staff members on Breach, and you probably would have done more had Joe not banned you.  I saw you changing your name matching staff members, which looks to me like you were trying to impersonate; might also be dead naming, but I'm not sure because it depends on the time, and so I wont hold that against you until I know for sure otherwise.  Constantly bringing up private matters asking about nblock and gary.  With the full picture considered: They clearly made a very good call on your ban.

I also don't want to overlook the things I said earlier.  I normally ask other people who are banned to show us some promise in other areas of GFL such as the forums.  If they are good, then I happily support lifting their bans.  The only promise you showed us was the plan to continue your poor behaviour.  You were nearly banned on the forums receiving 3 warnings in a short burst of time and was content moderated, which we don't utilize too often reserving it only for the worst behaving users.

I'm going to lock the thread because we've already captured your side of the story very well and the other people I'm seeking feedback from can respond to locked threads.  There might be nothing more to say.  It is very likely your appeal will be rejected given the reasons above, but let me find out and try to have a firm answer for you soon.

Edited by Joshy