Duck.

Time for some new donation options?

Posted  Edited by Duck.

I am no expert when it comes to donations, but while I was SM and even during this stint as admin, I've had people ask me if Paypal is the only way to donate and when I tell them yes, it puts them off donating as they don't want a Paypal account or are too young for one. Maybe it's time to trial new payment types? Like I said, I am not an expert at web design or payment types, however a lot of websites have options to pay directly with Credit/Debit cards and that's easier to understand for their parents too instead of having to teach them about Paypal and what it is (A lot of older people aren't too tech savvy, but they do understand "put numbers here").

Just some food for thought, curious to know what y'all think.

EDIT: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/prometheus mayhaps???

Edited by Duck.

Achievements

We do have the option of paying directly via Debit/Credit Card, and it does not require a PayPal account. This is illustrated in the images below:

Step 1:

Spoiler

image.png

Step 2:

Spoiler

image.png

I'll look into seeing if I can just put a link straight to the "Pay by Debit or Credit Card" option in GFLDonations so that people can simply "put numbers here". 😉

In response to you bringing up Promethus... it has two extra payment processers that do the same, but they both suck dick, hard:

• Stripe has no chargeback protection, and if you get charged back as the "owner" you need to pay a fee, similar to PayPal, however, PayPal has a reviews system for this which allows the owner to not pay a fee and not have the charge back go through if the request is found to be illegitimate, Stripe does not have this system in place. 
  • Paymentwall requires further ID. That sucks, and who the fuck has ever heard of Paymentwall anyway? Plus, they take a pretty high cut from every transaction.

Nonetheless, read here for updates about GFLStoreTM because we are considering Promethus/Ember for adding additional packages and functionality to our donation system (but not extra payment processors!): 

In conclusion... I doubt we will implement other payment processors... everything besides PayPal blows dick (PayPal does also kind of blow dick too, but it's the best option we know of) and/or isn't popular enough to warrant implementation. If people don't have a PayPal account, as prior mentioned, it doesn't matter. They can pay directly via Debit/Credit Card info.

Thanks!

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

2 hours ago, Liloz01 said:

I'll look into seeing if I can just put a link straight to the "Pay by Debit or Credit Card" option in GFLDonations so that people can simply "put numbers here". 😉

Yee this would be the best way I reckon, people see Paypal and instantly think they need an account, they aren't aware they don't.

Chur.

Achievements

13 hours ago, Duck. said:

Yee this would be the best way I reckon, people see Paypal and instantly think they need an account, they aren't aware they don't.

Chur.

Would it be okay if I close this thread since it’s already (mostly) implemented?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

Would it be okay if I close this thread since it’s already (mostly) implemented?

Yes dad

Achievements