"Restore the ability to add discord suggestions"  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you +1 or -1 this suggestion?

• +1

SERENITYISACUCK.png

Type: ingame suggestion

Link(s):  

Description:

Due to the current low population of MC. I would like to recommend the  re addition of discord suggestions. We can keep the suggestions in the forums, but I want a fast and easy way to make ideas.  I also would like to argue that this new addition will allow the idea flow to one again start in MC.

The forum suggestions method is best used when there is lots of suggestions going in and stuff can get overcrowded. This make it easier on the SM's and staff to handle.

However, right now we do not have that problem of overcrowded ness. So for ease of access, re-enabling discord suggestions will be the best way in an effort to kickstart the flow of ideas. This does not also mean to, get rid of the suggestions forum function. But I think it is good to add the discord suggestion as a supplement.

Why: 

I already explained badly on how I want this suggestion to happen, im sorry.

I never understood why the discord ones were disabled. They could have coexisted with the forum post ones since the forum post ones would be for longer suggestions while the discord ones would be for shorter. I also think that the forums ones should also have the thumbs up and thumbs down reactions in the discord.

b_560_95_1.png

I’m extremely happy you went out of your way to make this post in our suggestions and I personally think you’re right on the money. 

I also don’t understand why we blocked the ability for our players to make suggestions through the discord, directly. I feel the ability to suggest things this way gave users a more personal experience, like their ideas, opinions and suggestions were being heard by those in direct control of the server. It also provided a way for us (and regular players) to directly see the feedback about these suggestions in the form of likes and dislikes. It is incredibly important to gage what the players want, because without them, there is no server. (No one wants to play on a server run by one person who has utter and complete control, where the players feel they are unheard or their opinions and ideas are simply not cared about.)

Generally players are more inclined to make suggestions if it’s of easier access to them, people may form brilliant ideas that go completely unheard, that other players may strongly agree with or had thought of them self, but rarely do players want to go the extra mile to make a forum post like you have done, which is unfortunate. 

13 hours ago, flying4ssassin said:

I also think that the forums ones should also have the thumbs up and thumbs down reactions in the discord.

Polls are for voting, not reactions. I will not be adding +1 / -1 reactions to the Forums. (At least right now, lol).

I added a poll to this thread to show what polls are like, you can see it if you scroll up. If Managers want polls (such as the one I added to this thread) to automatically be added to their form outputs, they may request it from me.

Slightly unrelated to the OP but thought I'd just add that here as it causes no harm.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:14 AM, Liloz01 said:

Polls are for voting, not reactions. I will not be adding +1 / -1 reactions to the Forums. (At least right now, lol).

I meant on the post on discord when the post gets made. I should have it made it more clear what I meant.

b_560_95_1.png

6 hours ago, flying4ssassin said:

I meant on the post on discord when the post gets made. I should have it made it more clear what I meant.

My bad. Well, polls are an available alternative if you guys so decide! 😛

Disabled them on anarchy because they attracted a vast quantity of absolutely useless/garbage suggestions. Generated an insurmountable backlog and had like 5 people yelling at me because I wouldn't clear it all. Dont do it, it's not worth it >_<

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

Screenshot from 2021-09-23 07-43-42.png IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png